Subweb will be amongst us very soon
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:29 am 

Hello Planescape enthousiasts,

Just wanted to tell everybody that I've been priviliged to see the first draft of the PS subwb and that it's going to look really nice and is really cool :)

Once Azurah finishes the final details on the subweb (and we all know that's were the true masters show their skill) we'll finally have a true home we can brag about our collections and our adventures (yes, many of us young 2nd editioners actually still play).

Till very soon,

Steven

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:24 am 

It's not just you 2nd Edition fanatics that are still playing PS. I'm running a 3.5 game, and it's going great :)

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:03 pm 

Hey, thanks for posting this. It's true that I've had more time to work on this lately, much to my glee. The layout was the biggest hurdle for me because I wanted to do something a bit different, and my initial design was too complicated. My frustration ended when I realized I was stupid for not just simplifying.

Steven's been a big help and I'd like to thank him.

Also, it's getting to be the time when I'll need to punch in the current values. This is the part I have no idea how to do... settling on a current market value. Is it good to look at the average of recent completed auctions? Get a lot of opinions?

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:46 pm 

Azurah,

I would suggest the method that has just begun to be used to track the "common" items.  It is very simple and provides nice, accurate values (in my opinion).  Basically, it just takes the average of all completed auctions.  This average price is then multiplied by 1.35 to determine the Near Mint price.  From this figure, the other values are computed for each grade and the corresponding percentage.  Thus, FINE has 75% the Near Mint value, Very Good is 60% etc.

This system has several advantages.  First, it would match what the Acaeum is currently using and provide a more stable valuation system that matches the "parent" site.

Second - I've already done the leg work creating the spreadsheets and it would be a simple matter to make a Planescape sheet for you. (assuming you have access to Microsoft Excel)

For example, I just did a quick valuation of Hellbound.  The NM price comes out to $76.00.  However, this is using a dataset of only 6 sales.  Ideally it would be better to have around 15+ sales, but that can be found out given a little more time (and also checking some links that may have expired on a completed items search).

Astral Guide comes out to $26.00 (using the records of the last 6 sales).

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:37 am 

Thanks for the tips. :) I'm getting closer to the "done" point, and will be putting the values in last. I might send you a pm around that point to discuss the spreadsheet with you, if that's all right with you.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:38 am 

Azurah wrote:Thanks for the tips. :) I'm getting closer to the "done" point, and will be putting the values in last. I might send you a pm around that point to discuss the spreadsheet with you, if that's all right with you.

Sure, I'll see if I can find some time to do a little "data tracking" on Planescape items so that there are completed sales to use to come up with values.  Maybe I can have some good info ready for you when you need it.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:55 am 

So how is progress?

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:13 am 

Progress is going well, actually. I know I'm slow as a turtle, but I promise I'm working on it whenever I get a chance. As soon as we're done with the estimated values (and as soon as I pick a name for it), I think it'll be done enough to post, finally. I haven't finished the section I had planned for Torment and magazines, but I think those can be added in later for the sake of getting the rest of the site up. I most recently finished the Blood Wars TCG section which was oh so fun to put together. ;)

I'm just glad I asked Foulfoot in the beginning if it was okay if I was slow. I see it actually came to pass.  :oops:

So far I have done all the books/box sets (which simply await the values), the minis, the novels, the tcg, and the foreign books/box sets.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:00 am 

Good to hear.

ShaneG.