Appraisal
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:35 pm 

hey john!

seen them go up n down but they are still goodish i think.

there is defo lots more interest outside the UK more than in, valuewise, but that doesnt mean there isnt any interest tho

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:18 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey john!

seen them go up n down but they are still goodish i think.

there is defo lots more interest outside the UK more than in, valuewise, but that doesnt mean there isnt any interest tho

Al

Hi Al.  Hope the feet have recovered!

The offer on the table was £200.  Are the prices that strong?  Or is that too optimistic?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:03 am 

I'd guess closer to $125 pounds or so. Might be able to get that much, but it'd be pretty tricky. The boxed sets vary pretty widely. Whatever you do, don't list them with a low starting bid and count on bids to bid them up. I've seen a looot of people getting burned doing that in the last 6 months or so with PS stuff.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:21 am 

hey john!

well i cant train at the mo mate - recovering from a hospital trip :)

still thats life :)

with regards to the PS stuff though. i dont see why you couldnt ebay them sensibly. its prb a good time as any to sell them and in the UK its not as though any of em show up with any regularity.

bar for the odd one, the only person who shows em up is coug, so no reason you couldnt be wily with the plan to sell.

what exactly have you got to sell? i cant see from the pic really.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:27 am 

i just looked at the pic again and i can pretty much see whats there.

one thing with PS i have noticed over the last year, is that the prices for it dont sell with the same regularity that they do in the US. but then i am sure you have seen that yourself.

they are SW though which is nice.

imo most of the value is in the boxed items. i have seen all the rest sell quite low. i have bid on a fair amout of them and only bid quite low (not being that fussed) and have only just been outbid quite a few times.

still reckon it would be worth sticking them on ebay for a one off attempt with a reserve or a BIN and a high open bid, just to see what happens.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:24 am 

I haven't had chance to follow prices or this site with any regularity for the last 6 months :cry: Just trying to fit too much in at the moment i.e. family, work, college, home improvements, my main hobby, friends, etc.  So, thanks for the info.  I think that I'd got hung up on the £200 figure.  But the reality is that I want rid of them and the price isn't really of any concern.  Therefore, they will be up on eBay as individual items sometime this week if I get the time.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:24 am 

JOhn> Before you ebay, if you haven't already... I'm certainly interested in obtaining the Planes of Conflict. It's the last bit I need to complete my collection and getting it in the uk is proving less than straightforward.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:14 pm 

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:JOhn> Before you ebay, if you haven't already... I'm certainly interested in obtaining the Planes of Conflict. It's the last bit I need to complete my collection and getting it in the uk is proving less than straightforward.

PMd

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:07 pm 

Ooooh, I didn't notice the SW! Sorry about that. The SW boxed sets will sell nicely. Probably around 10 for the campaign setting (although that one's usually a bit hard to sell), and possibly upwards of 30-35 for the Conflict and Law. Hellbound.. well, I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 50. At least 35 or so, probably in the 40's.

SW stuff is pretty damn hard to find for the boxed sets, although not really tough for most of the books.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:52 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Ooooh, I didn't notice the SW! Sorry about that. The SW boxed sets will sell nicely. Probably around 10 for the campaign setting (although that one's usually a bit hard to sell), and possibly upwards of 30-35 for the Conflict and Law. Hellbound.. well, I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 50. At least 35 or so, probably in the 40's.

SW stuff is pretty damn hard to find for the boxed sets, although not really tough for most of the books.

WOW!  Did you see the finishing price of Hellbound?!?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0046672320

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:45 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
WOW!  Did you see the finishing price of Hellbound?!?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

What was that Shane's evil alter ego pushing up the bid. :wink:

Nice sale there John. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:54 am 

johnhuck wrote:I haven't had chance to follow prices or this site with any regularity for the last 6 months :cry: Just trying to fit too much in at the moment i.e. family, work, college, home improvements, my main hobby, friends, etc.  So, thanks for the info.  I think that I'd got hung up on the £200 figure.  But the reality is that I want rid of them and the price isn't really of any concern.  Therefore, they will be up on eBay as individual items sometime this week if I get the time.

I actually managed to better the £200 offer and I forgot to list the Monstrous Compendiums.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 am 

bclarkie wrote:
What was that Shane's evil alter ego pushing up the bid. :wink:

Nice sale there John. :)

We all know a Wyrm beats a Wyvern :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:28 am 

Wow.. well done on that! Hellbound tends to go for a LOT.

Previous