Appraisal
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:23 am 

Hello everyone,

I've just been suggested to post this here:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for appraisal for some of my Planescape material: feel like helping me out?

- Planes of Law (box: near mint / contents: near mint)
- Planes of Chaos (shrink-wrapped; box: mint / contents: mint)
- Planes of Conflict (shrink-wrapped; box: near mint to mint / contents: mint)
- A guide to the Astral Plane (shrink-wrapped; mint)
- The Inner Planes (mint)
- Faces of Evil: the Fiends (near mint to mint)
- Uncaged: Faces of Sigil (near mint)

Appraisal in Euros would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance :)

Children of Bodom angry are rising, running amok, slaying with a sense of desire! From the twilight of the past, among the victims who died, Something Wild has survived!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:32 am 

Hello? Anyone?

Children of Bodom angry are rising, running amok, slaying with a sense of desire! From the twilight of the past, among the victims who died, Something Wild has survived!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:12 pm 

Hello Hello Hello.......(echo)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:12 pm 

In general, prices in $USD

$30 - Planes of Law (box: near mint / contents: near mint)
$40-50 - Planes of Chaos (shrink-wrapped; box: mint / contents: mint)
$45-60 - Planes of Conflict (shrink-wrapped; box: near mint to mint / contents: mint)
$30-40 - A guide to the Astral Plane (shrink-wrapped; mint)
$25-40 - The Inner Planes (mint)
$25-35 - Faces of Evil: the Fiends (near mint to mint)
$20-30 - Uncaged: Faces of Sigil (near mint)

PS stuff can vary pretty widely in price. The SW stuff is a lot harder to predict, as you could get a price spike by having a few collectors that are in the 'must-have' mentality.

Is the stuff in original shrink, or was it reshrinked at some point? Original shrink usually has small airholes, while a lot of reshrinking doesn't.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:52 am 

GraysonAC wrote:Is the stuff in original shrink, or was it reshrinked at some point? Original shrink usually has small airholes, while a lot of reshrinking doesn't.

They were in original shrink (with airholes); sold all the stuff already.

Thanks for your answer, anyway :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:40 pm 

Wow, quick sale :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:14 pm 

I'm probably going to sell my Planescape stuff.  Not really sure why I picked it up in the first place.  Accidentally really.

All the boxed sets are shrinkwrapped.  I bought them for £5 each about 5 years ago from someone who had put an advert in the local newspaper and had a garage full of them.  OK not literally.  But a few dozen of each.  Seemed expensive at the time and he wanted to sell the lot.  I turned down the offer :?

Anyway, can anyone give me a rough idea of value?  And should I sell them individually, groups of related items, or individually?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:35 pm 

I good approximation:

Planes of Conflict - $90
Planes of Law - $35
Hellbound - $100
Campaign Setting - $40
Astral Plane - $30
Factol's - $35
Well of Worlds - $15
Uncaged - $25
Compendiums 2 & 3 - $15 each
Something Wild & Deva Spark - $10 each

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:52 pm 

John, If you have interest in selling privately, I would be most interested in the Hellbound set. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:59 pm 

bclarkie wrote:John, If you have interest in selling privately, I would be most interested in the Hellbound set. :)

PM'd

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:48 am 

Those are pretty high estimations on Hellbound and Planes of Conflict, but with prices going the way they are.. soon that might be a bargain :p

I just sold a NM copy of Faction War for $55 USD, which is twice what it was going for a year ago.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:03 am 

They are high . . . but I think that they are fair guides for SW sets.

But I gave those prices without even checking the most recent auctions.  So . . . The last 4 Hellbound sets sold for $76.56, 56, 66.20 and $130.  None of them were in Shrink.

There is currently a SW Planes of Conflict at $66 and cougar is the high bidder . . .

If you were to start either auction with the minimum bid at the price I mentioned (and maybe a BIN about $20.00 more), I can virtually guarantee that they would sell within 2 or 3 listings.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:39 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:They are high . . . but I think that they are fair guides for SW sets.

But I gave those prices without even checking the most recent auctions.  So . . . The last 4 Hellbound sets sold for $76.56, 56, 66.20 and $130.  None of them were in Shrink.

There is currently a SW Planes of Conflict at $66 and cougar is the high bidder . . .

If you were to start either auction with the minimum bid at the price I mentioned (and maybe a BIN about $20.00 more), I can virtually guarantee that they would sell within 2 or 3 listings.

I forgot to mention that Factol's, Astral and Dis are also in shrink.  Does that make any significant difference to the valuations?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:01 pm 

Yeah, I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation. Like I said, prices are just going up and up.

SW definately does make a difference - you can always take it off, but you can't put it back on :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:50 pm 

Well... i've spent the past two years building up my own collection of planescape things for actual play... I just love to run planescape... it's a brilliant setting.

So far, i've managed to obtain:

Campaign setting - In fairly good condition. All supliments in excellent condition though box it a little battered.
Monsterous compendium 1 - Ripped badly, it's mostly held together with tape actually... <-< >->
Monsterous compendium 2 - near mint condition
Guide to the astral plane - near mint condition
Primer to the outlands - fantastic condition, including all suppliments and advertising things.
Doors to the unknown
Faction war - good
faces of evil - near Mint
Fires of Dis - Near mint (in fact, was shrink wrapped... along with all the other adventures I own. I got them as a bulk lot, damn was I pleased. No longer shrink wrapped, but still beautiful)
Harbinger house - near mint
Harbinger house - good. missing it's cover (it's was 99pence at a shop, I couldn't resist)
In the abyss - Near mint
In the cage - good
Planes of chaos - good, box a little crushed. contents near mint.
Planes of Law - Box shows slight wear. contents mint.
Something wild - (I was running this adventure) - Very good
Tales from the infinite staircase - good
The deva spark - near mint
the eternal boundary - Very good
Factols manifesto - Good, played with condition.
great modron march - very good
Planeswalkers handbook - good, played with condition.
Uncaged: faces of sigil - Very good
Well of the worlds - good
Dead gods - very good

I'll take a photo at some point. Just got hold of a copy of Hellbound: the bloodwar as well. Yet to inspect that. The box is apparently a bit battered but the contents seems perfect.

so, anyone want to hazard a guess as to how much all that lot's likely to sell for?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:43 pm 

Still need a copy of the Planes of conflict, the guide to the etheral and Inner planes... anyone got a copy of any of these they wanna sell? PM me

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:32 pm 

johnhuck wrote:I'm probably going to sell my Planescape stuff.  Not really sure why I picked it up in the first place.  Accidentally really.

All the boxed sets are shrinkwrapped.  I bought them for £5 each about 5 years ago from someone who had put an advert in the local newspaper and had a garage full of them.  OK not literally.  But a few dozen of each.  Seemed expensive at the time and he wanted to sell the lot.  I turned down the offer :?

[ Image ]

Anyway, can anyone give me a rough idea of value?  And should I sell them individually, groups of related items, or individually?

johnhuck wrote:I forgot to mention that Factol's, Astral and Dis are also in shrink.  Does that make any significant difference to the valuations?

Well I thought that I had a buyer earlier this year.  But they sort of went quiet.  So, these are still available.  Prices up?  Or prices down?  Any help appreciated.  Would like to sell as one lot.  And that probably means a UK buyer due to the weight.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:56 pm 

Prices for PS are still quite good. Dipped a little bit from earlier this year, but all in all, they're holding steady at a nice high price ;)

Next