Why Only Planescape?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:18 pm 

Hello everyone. :)

I can see why there would be a Judges Guild forum here in the Acaeum, but why a Planescape forum before a Mystara, Greyhawk, FR, or for that matter, any-other-setting-pre-Planescape forum?

I'm just curious as to the reason why. Because fans of Planescape are collecting more than others? Or is there any other reason?

PS: I like Planescape. I'm just wondering why there isn't any other setting-related forum around here.

Benoist Poiré

Iron Liege for the Iron League

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:56 pm 

Benoist Poire wrote:Hello everyone. :)

I can see why there would be a Judges Guild forum here in the Acaeum, but why a Planescape forum before a Mystara, Greyhawk, FR, or for that matter, any-other-setting-pre-Planescape forum?

I'm just curious as to the reason why. Because fans of Planescape are collecting more than others? Or is there any other reason?

PS: I like Planescape. I'm just wondering why there isn't any other setting-related forum around here.

Quite simply it is because so far only 2 people have agreed to take on the task of setting up and moderating the sub-forums for PS and JG. :)  Foulfoot, the Acaeum admisitrator is soley responsible for the 4 main forums an has left an open invite to anyone who would like to do a sub-forum and page to volunteer. For reference, check out The Acaeum Distributed Computing Project forum, as it explains this in full:

viewforum.php?f=8

I am sure that if you are someone you know is
interested in setting up a subsite & forum Foul would be quite happy to oblige. Also, which ever format you would choose to do, I am sure others here would be happy to help as much as possible with getting scans, printing info, etc. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:25 pm 

Benoist Poire wrote:PS: I like Planescape. I'm just wondering why there isn't any other setting-related forum around here.

hey there!

you could offer to run a sub-web forum if you like? we will all come n visit and leave messages for you too ! :)

*makes a mental note to go shove Azurah off her chair cos she aint posting any messages*

:D

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:35 am 

Benoist Poire wrote:Hello everyone. :)

The subwebs are here because someone has both the time and dedication to build their own forum, and at the moment only Planescape and Judges Guild have had champions step forward to prove themselves. Both are doing well on account of the hard work of a few dedicated moderators and contributors, and I take my hat off to them.

The last thing we want here (IMHO) is a dead subweb or two. I doubt there are many who would champion Mystra or Hollow World as warranting their won forum, let alone be willing to run the forum and take responsibility for its success. I can see there are those among us who would welcome a Greyhawk forum, but those who could run it to its best ability are probably overly busy with life and work as it is.

Personally, I would like to see a non-TSR xD&D forum and valuation board, an Afterglo forum as it were. And possibly a Fanzine forum, 'Beasties Basement' :wink: , but I have neither the time nor the expertise to see this happen. I'm just happy for what we already have.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:58 pm 

You all forgot the real reason. Because it's awesome. *geeky laugh*

... And it'll be even more awesome as soon as I finish enough of this subweb to stick up. Good news, though! The old, dead scanner has been replaced by a shiny new one! *triumph music*

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:53 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The last thing we want here (IMHO) is a dead subweb or two.

For those of you interested, I will be starting two new subwebs next month.  The first is for all you die-hard Birthright fans.  We will be discussing at length the devastation of the War of Shadows and the betrayal of the elves and Azrai's deception.  The other long-awaited subweb will be for the exciting and extremely rare Adventures of Indiana Jones game.  I will have a special section that covers prices of such rare and highly sought after items such as IJ5 Nepal Nightmare and IJ3 Crystal Death.  Looking forward to seeing all of you there!  :P

Can anyone tell I have nothing better to do at the moment besides make goofy crap up?  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:46 am 

KingOfPain wrote:
Can anyone tell I have nothing better to do at the moment besides make goofy crap up? :wink:

well you could always go outside and make sand-castles in the desert chummer :)

i might be one of the very few who actually likes birthright stuff! :)

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:33 am 

KingOfPain wrote:We will be discussing at length the devastation of the War of Shadows.....

Would that be the same War of Shadows that was still going on in Babylon 5?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:50 am 

I'd like to point out that I actually played the Indiana Jones RPG and at least 3 of the adventures.  I was a sucker for any crappy box set TSR came out with.   :roll:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:56 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:I'd like to point out that I actually played the Indiana Jones RPG and at least 3 of the adventures. I was a sucker for any crappy box set TSR came out with.  :roll:

Yeah, me too.  I have the box set as well.  Never played though.  I just couldnt think up anything else at the moment.  Maybe I should have said Gammarauders instead.  :twisted:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:42 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:
Maybe I should have said Gammarauders instead. :twisted:

Gammarauders - now that was an ugly set. :D

How about a subweb page for that most terrible of non-TSR products, Cyborg Commandos by Gygax, Mentzer and Mohan?

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/view-printab ... mber=10214

"...including conversion equations of troy grains to troy ounces because we're apparently playing the game of cyborg f***ing jewellers or something."

"...never before has marine biology figured so highly in a role-playing game."

"Do you want to cook a meal? Roll that d10x and try to get a result equal or less than ten. That's if you have Domestic Arts I: Cooking in the first place. It is fortunate that Cyborg Commandos don't need to eat."

8O  :D

Great review.