Recent Fun Planescape Finds. :)
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:38 am 

Hey all, I figured this sub-forum need its own Fun Find Thread, so I figured I would start it. :)  Here are a few PS boxsets I just picked up in shrink at $23.00 a piece :D:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8706527290

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8706529381

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8706522618

Frost actually beat me to the Planes of Chaos Set and a couple others :) :

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Now if I can just find that $15.00 BIN on few of those Planescape Sketchbook thingys in Mint condition...... :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:03 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here are a few PS boxsets I just picked up in shrink at $23.00 a piece :D

*shake fist*  I'm still looking for a PoL, PoCon, and Hellbound box that's reasonably priced, heh. Have the books, just not the boxes :(

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:29 pm 

Wow! Very nice grabs! Quite impressive, especially being in shrinkwrap. How in the heck do you get to them so quickly?

I recently got this:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5117369882

I don't know how exciting it is, but it was something I didn't have, so to me it's a big deal. ;)

It actually makes reference to the book 2629 The City of Doors (which never made it), supposedly to add on to Sigil-knowledge along with In the Cage. Guess they decided they didn't need 2 books on Sigil? (It's also neat to see the different cover art pictured on some of the modules. I'll have to scan the insides of this.)

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:12 am 

Azurah wrote:Wow! Very nice grabs! Quite impressive, especially being in shrinkwrap. How in the heck do you get to them so quickly?

I recently got this:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5117369882

I don't know how exciting it is, but it was something I didn't have, so to me it's a big deal. ;)

It actually makes reference to the book 2629 The City of Doors (which never made it), supposedly to add on to Sigil-knowledge along with In the Cage. Guess they decided they didn't need 2 books on Sigil? (It's also neat to see the different cover art pictured on some of the modules. I'll have to scan the insides of this.)

i think BC doesnt actually do any work - he just sits there refreshing ebay on the new listings :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:03 pm 

Just got this today. Minor box issues (all cosmetic) but at the price I got it for I feel bad even thinking about them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:23 pm 

nice snap there marl - good price!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:17 pm 

OK, so I'm starting to get into this collecting lark.  Thought I'd have a look at Planescape, so got myself a campaign setting box set:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
and its NM.
I also started bidding on:
but dropped out when bidding rose.  

Just some advice really.  I'm very happy with my buy, but I noticed these 2 auctions appeared to be different print runs.  Is there a premium for print runs on Planescape, did the other auction go over the odds or did I just hit lucky?

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:57 pm 

I never noticed any difference in printing beyond the original Planescape box set. (Granted, I never paid much attention, but still...) The one with the "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons" at the top is the 2nd printing. That's about all I know.

Aside from that, very nice win! :) And Marlith, too, wow. Good find.

On a side note, I'm not sure why this auction is back:

cgi.ebay.com/ADVANCED-DUNGEONS-DRAGONS- ... dZViewItem

On another side note, I was looking up monsters from the old versions of Doom, and I found this amusing (yes, it's D&D related :P) I never made the connection...:

Fandom

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:52 am 

Azurah wrote:I never noticed any difference in printing beyond the original Planescape box set. (Granted, I never paid much attention, but still...) The one with the "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons" at the top is the 2nd printing. That's about all I know.

and youre the resident expert :D

so bar for the chance of picking one up cheap like that, is there no real variation value wise between the two printings then?

Azurah wrote:
On a side note, I'm not sure why this auction is back:

cgi.ebay.com/ADVANCED-DUNGEONS-DRAGONS- ... dZViewItem

who won it last time - anyone remember? i have asked the seller what condition the tegal manor is in....

Azurah wrote:
On another side note, I was looking up monsters from the old versions of Doom, and I found this amusing (yes, it's D&D related :P) I never made the connection...:

Fandom

yeah i have seen that page before.

Doom and Quake were my fave two games back in the day. we used to network them both all the time and have a right blast!

the www page itself does actually give you tons of cool info about the games back then too - i was shopping yesterday and noticed they have released Quake 4 as well! sheesh i got fed up after quake 2 - hardly touched 3, but anyone who plays 4 lemme know what its like..

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:58 am 

wow the guy has replied already altho he only answered one of the questions i asked, so i have asked some more. the tegel is in excellent condition *fires off some more detailed questions*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:59 am 

Mondiversi, an italian reseller won it.  He is always reliable for payment.  However, I noticed that the seller relisted this item with double the stated cost for internatinal shipping.  The previous amount of $17.95 was way off. I imagine that when they found out how much it would actually cost to send it to Italy they tried to up the shipping charge to Mondiversi.  He probably wasn't will to pay it.

That just my guess, of course . . . but I suspect it is something of that nature.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:24 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:Mondiversi, an italian reseller won it. He is always reliable for payment. However, I noticed that the seller relisted this item with double the stated cost for internatinal shipping. The previous amount of $17.95 was way off. I imagine that when they found out how much it would actually cost to send it to Italy they tried to up the shipping charge to Mondiversi. He probably wasn't will to pay it.

That just my guess, of course . . . but I suspect it is something of that nature.

yeah i have dealt with him before too - a great guy to deal with - very reliable. sounds quite sensible to me too. something of that size would no way ship abroad for $17.95 :)

doesnt he leave himself open for a neg tho from mond?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:22 am 

i got another reply off the guy, he tells me that the tegel is a 3rd print and has the maps with it (not that attractive a buy) and the lot itself is a different lot that he already sold. he is actually selling them for someone else so....

i dont know what was in the other lot, so dunno if they are different or not, but seems ok anyway....

seems a nice guy and very prompt too.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:06 am 

As new: Planescape Campaign box, MC1, Well of Worlds: about $10-11 (UK: £6.49)

Now, this has got me thinking, I know these are very common items, but by all accounts would expect to go for more in US.

Is Planescape a US only thing (except the rares) or do people think the UK market will catch up?  

I'm very happy so far with my few Planescape items.  Now, I've just got to go for your guys recommendations in the "What to BUY" thread and no doubt I'll find Planescape can be much more costly than I was hoping.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:29 pm 

well most of the planescape box sets (laws of chaos, hellbound etc) all sell very well in the UK, so you wont get them cheap unless you are really lucky.

you generally find items cropping up all the time.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:41 pm 

Actually, the European folks pay way more for the PS stuff than us North Americans. Italy in particular. Damned if I know why, but it is a definate truth.

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:49 am 

I definitely second what GraysonAC said. Planescape seems to sell for more in Europe. I've noticed, and someone on this forum pointed out, that it's especially in demand in Germany. I noticed prices that were marginally higher while I was searching for my foreign PS items.

As for the UK, it's seemed to me that prices have been relatively on par with the US auctions, though I'm sure a certain kitty would have something to say about that.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:02 am 

Azurah wrote:As for the UK, it's seemed to me that prices have been relatively on par with the US auctions, though I'm sure a certain kitty would have something to say about that.

yeah a while back he had all the box sets up with reserves and they all went for £62.50 each (hellbound, planes of law etc)

PS stuff does generally sell quite good over this way.

Al

ps course it will reflect this when azurah gets her finger out and shows us this amazing valuations chart that shes secretly working on :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Next