So does anyone else actually *run* a Planescape game?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:32 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Hopping into the planes is definately not about rules - it's about atmosphere :) Get that right, and the game will be enjoyable.

The great thing about the Planes is that they're infinite - anything and everything is possible, so there's not much that's "wrong". Everything's "right".. somewhere :P

actually not quite "planes" but last time i DMd Q1, there was some great fun when the party were running round Lolth's web. someone looked over the side and could dimly see the web below, so the magic-user tried to cast "fly" to get down to it and have a look.  needless to say his spell failed so couldnt do that, so the dimbo thief felt he was agile enough to jump it (doh)

so he jumped. it was a fair way...i gave him 10% chance of reaching it and you know what he rolled it, but then falling damage and then he ran into a party of wandering monsters (ogres if i recall)...and oh did he run. they pretty much spent the rest of the day trying to get together again which was quite funny.

the upshot of the whole thing was this. i played it up real well - the poor lad who was playing the thief was actually sweating when it was over. i also told him that the experience terrified him so bad that he developed vertigo and would have trouble now with heights and climbling too.....

thats what he got for being a dumbass :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:37 pm 

:lol:

Lolth's Web is a Realm in the Abyss, so that was Planeswalking for sure :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:55 pm 

GraysonAC wrote::lol:

Lolth's Web is a Realm in the Abyss, so that was Planeswalking for sure :)

doh well yeha i know NOW...but back then, planescape wasnt about, so it was just the abyss and i aint read into planescape THAT much....

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:31 am 

I ran a Planescape game on a weekly basis from 1995-1998.  The only reason I stopped was because I moved and couldn't find another game group.  Crappy.

The Egg

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:07 am 

I am running my second Planescape campaign right now. As a group we mutually decided to give a new twist to this particular set of adventures (my players have taken up characters that don't match their usual game style, and I'm WRITING DOWN the adventures to avoid "gamegaps"), so the whole thing is turning out as a pretty good experiment.
The PCs are:
- A thief/psionicist tiefling whose fingertips exude a multicolored fluid (used to draw nonpermanent tattoos and pictures); the player running this character is a good roleplayer but has always had a hard time with rules and game mechanics, so he decided to take up the "difficult" classes (not only he's never played a 2nd edition psionicist... he's never actually played ad&d  :D );
- A wild mage rogue modron (I know I had to break the rules on this, but I loved the idea of the "walking cube with a spark of chaos inside"); the one that's running the modron is a very methodic guy (to the point of being fiendishly efficient), but somehow he has to learn that he is not required to bluff/intimidate/blackmail EVERY npc he meets to succeed, so I had him take a Lawful character;
- An amnesiac human cleric (sounds like Torment, huh?) that has just been released from his personal Maze with a body that is not his own; he's actually a dragon servant of Chronepsis, mazed while he was chasing a fellow dragon that had just attained dracolichdom (obviously his character is unaware of this). The guy that's playing the cleric plainly hates the DMs forcing him on a path or a storyline he does not want to take... so I set HIS path from the beginning  :twisted:

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:37 pm 

Hi ! First post here!

I'm an avid planescape collector, and I've got just about all of the mainstream stuff...

I've been DM'ing Planescape since 1996, with my 4 buddies in high school... now we've lost a few and gains a few players, but I'm still playing, albeit way less often than I'd like..

But hey, 3 of my players are the same ones since 1996, and one of them even has the same PC as in high school ! The other has had him for over 7 years...  crazy huh ?

I've put a lot of effort in decorating my room at my parent's place, then a room in my appartment, to really set the mood in my campaign...

hey, from 16 to 27 and it is like and old love... you just really can't get over it !

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:58 am 

Welcome Relentless. Great to see another planescape nutter.

"Somehow, in hell I knew there would be mushrooms"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:04 am 

g'day relentless! welcome to the forum!

well the auction for my planescape badges/pins is about to end in a few hours..... THAT will be something you don't have :D

enjoy the forum and feel free to contribute too!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:50 pm 

Hey, I'm new here as well. I run a Planescape game on rpol.net, play by post is slow as hell, but when you're married with children you gotta be creative to get your fix!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:03 am 

Welcome to the boards Moruis.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:02 pm 

My group has been running the same PS game since the mid 90s.  Over 15 years now.

We run 3.5e, but I don't think we'll ever switch the game to 4e. (we play 4e some, but our PS game is too firmly lodged in 3.5e)

Also, to be fair, we really only game together twice a year anymore.

Previous