Interesting Planescape Items Currently on eBay
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:55 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I would bid, but for some reason prestorjor has me blocked. :? I only dealt with him once in the past and everything went perfectly on both ends, but for some reason he put me on his blocked list. I emailed him a few to find out why, but he/she never responded. :? Oh well, not really my loss....

Ditto. He blocks anyone that does resales. Apparently it's ok for him to sell stuff, but not other folks :o

well thats pretty lame imo. what is the point of that. not every reseller resells everything ya know (thats me included)...

guess he didnt notice fluffy then, who sells too from time to time   :D

his loss

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:57 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:

Ditto. He blocks anyone that does resales. Apparently it's ok for him to sell stuff, but not other folks :o

well thats pretty lame imo. what is the point of that. not every reseller resells everything ya know (thats me included)...

guess he didnt notice fluffy then, who sells too from time to time :D

his loss

Al

Well like I said, whatever. I am certainly much more of a buyer then a seller as my selling is done simply to help pay for my collecting. He has probably cost himself a good $150.00 or so over the last couple of months for things that I would have bought for my own collection. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that I asked 3 different times weeks apart to give me a simple explanation for why I was blocked and was never even given the courtesy of a repsonse. You figure the least he could have done is said, "I dont like you, f*ck off". Oh well, looks like I will be buying from other sellers to complete my collection, it is not like there is a shortage of them. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:01 pm 

guess he didnt notice fluffy then, who sells too from time to time    

I'll find out whether he will notice in the next 7 days, when bids start being cancelled :) Means it'll be a quiet auction for a change.

Azurah, I've also been chatting with my bankaccount. It's very angry with me not buying sufficient collectibles the last months and demands I win these auctions. Horrible, isn't it  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:07 pm 

BC, maybe you outbid him on something a while back and he's pissed at you?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:17 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:BC, maybe you outbid him on something a while back and he's pissed at you?

I don't know anyhting is possible. :?  I can tell you though if I did outbid him on something he had to have been using a different User ID.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:09 am 

Well, I guess this explains it (sorta) - an email I received from prestorjor regarding the auctions:

I've been listing several OOP items from my personal collection in the last few days. Since I did not obtain them from distributors, they do not conflict with my distributor agreements. If you wish to bid on my older items for your own personal use, you can, but you will need to email me first so I can make sure the items aren't in conflict with my distributors. Yes, you can bid on the 2 'EARLY DRAFT' auctions, provided they are for your personal collection and not for resale. If bclarkie wants to bid, he'll have to email me directly for permission rather than going through the heresay channels. My distributor contracts only cover North America, not Europe. Since the roleplaying infrastructure in Europe is still in its infancy, and we have little influence over there, the only way we can promote roleplaying there is with the help of sellers. If they go out of business, so does the industry. Unlike the U.S., where there is far more product than sellers can handle, and where sellers can obtain it almost anywhere, European sellers have a problem of limited supply. Thanks.

I dunno. Seems like a crappy attitude for a seller to have, but maybe he's got some good reasons. *shrugs*

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:29 am 

GraysonAC wrote:Well, I guess this explains it (sorta) - an email I received from prestorjor regarding the auctions:

I've been listing several OOP items from my personal collection in the last few days. Since I did not obtain them from distributors, they do not conflict with my distributor agreements. If you wish to bid on my older items for your own personal use, you can, but you will need to email me first so I can make sure the items aren't in conflict with my distributors. Yes, you can bid on the 2 'EARLY DRAFT' auctions, provided they are for your personal collection and not for resale. If bclarkie wants to bid, he'll have to email me directly for permission rather than going through the heresay channels. My distributor contracts only cover North America, not Europe. Since the roleplaying infrastructure in Europe is still in its infancy, and we have little influence over there, the only way we can promote roleplaying there is with the help of sellers. If they go out of business, so does the industry. Unlike the U.S., where there is far more product than sellers can handle, and where sellers can obtain it almost anywhere, European sellers have a problem of limited supply. Thanks.

I dunno. Seems like a crappy attitude for a seller to have, but maybe he's got some good reasons. *shrugs*

Thanks for the info, but I really don't get the comment "the hearsay channels". :? I emailed him directly 3 times and all 3 attempts were ignored completely. The first and only time I have brought up the fact that I was blocked was yesterday, and the only one who responded with a possible answer was yourself, and basically what you had said was  actually the case.  It is totally in his right to run his auctions however he wants, and it is definitely nice to know, but I think I will pass. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:00 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Thanks for the info, but I really don't get the comment "the hearsay channels". :? I emailed him directly 3 times and all 3 attempts were ignored completely. The first and only time I have brought up the fact that I was blocked was yesterday, and the only one who responded with a possible answer was yourself, and basically what you had said was actually the case. It is totally in his right to run his auctions however he wants, and it is definitely nice to know, but I think I will pass. :)

sorry i think its all a load of bo**ocks, the seller is clealy so far up his own a**e i just simply wont deal with him - i was gonna grab a load of stuff, but no thanks.

distributors my butt.....lots of the OOP stuff...what the hell will they have to do with distributors now??!!

in the end, would you be that overly bothered about it all? if you know resellers are gonna come n buy, just up the price so they wont buy, simple as that.

silly boy.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:50 pm 

Seems like an odd stance to take to me as well - if your prices are low enough that it's worth the time of us resellers to come and buy your stuff to resell... well, your prices could use some work ;)

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:07 pm 

Anyone ever bid on something and win, then realize just how much it cost... and that it was at least two paychecks... and you'll be eating noodle soup and taking the bus to work for the next month but you don't care because you have more kidney stones and your boyfriend broke up with you yesterday and instead of chocolate, you buy D&D stuff to make you happy? Yeah, that just happened to me.  :oops:

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:11 pm 

Azurah wrote:Anyone ever bid on something and win, then realize just how much it cost... and that it was at least two paychecks... and you'll be eating noodle soup and taking the bus to work for the next month but you don't care because you have more kidney stones and your boyfriend broke up with you yesterday and instead of chocolate, you buy D&D stuff to make you happy? Yeah, that just happened to me. :oops:

Well, I must say nice wins on those Planescape drafts they actually went cheaper than I thought. :) I wish that I only had 2 pachesks worth of RPG debt right now though. :roll:  Sorry to hear about your other stuff though. :(  I hope everything works out.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:26 pm 

Azurah wrote:Anyone ever bid on something and win, then realize just how much it cost... and that it was at least two paychecks... and you'll be eating noodle soup and taking the bus to work for the next month but you don't care because you have more kidney stones and your boyfriend broke up with you yesterday and instead of chocolate, you buy D&D stuff to make you happy? Yeah, that just happened to me. :oops:

No, but then from a pesamist:

You have a job and can eventually pay it off.

Noodle soup comes in at least 4 flavors.

The bus is better then walking.

If the stones are big enough you could make dice out of them and then have an untopable geek story.

**** him..there are other Berks in the Outlands.

Chocolate lasts only so long, D&D stuff is around to enjoy for a long long time.

:wink: :D

ShaneG.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:31 pm 

A good friend of mine had kidney stones so I know on good authority that they are extremely painful... and he's a big, tough guy.  

Best fortune for the near future.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:36 pm 

dathon wrote:A good friend of mine had kidney stones so I know on good authority that they are extremely painful... and he's a big, tough guy.

Best fortune for the near future.

Kidney stones are for life too. You can keep them in a jar, or varnish them and use them as paperweights. You could even have one cut and mounted in a pendant for your wife.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:04 pm 

Azurah - great win there - congrats :)

sorry to hear of your misfortunes :(

keep smiling, cos all the sh*t in life isnt worth getting you down believe me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:16 pm 

Wow, thanks for the congrats, guys. I'm always so happy to see how supportive everyone is here. You guys are really awesome.

I'll keep smiling just for you, Al. And yeah, I won't even go into how painful kidney stones are. :{ Though if I ever pass a stone big enough to make dice out of... *shakes head*

Anyhow, thanks. You guys cheered me up and allowed me to feel happy that I won.

And to get back on track, this person has some Blood Wars cards with not-so-bad BIN's.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8732968264

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8732972196

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:38 am 

still didnt really get any answers from the other thread with regards to blood wards. are they worth getting? as i said, i have i got two full boxes shrinked, but wanted to know if they actually have some value to deem it worth being bothered much with them ....

yeah with the kidney stones, you could have them sculpted into special planescape dice. wow pretty unique items :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:10 am 

Sorry, Al. ;) Consider that post answered.

I can see the auction header, now: One of a kind Planescape Dice! Made from kidney stones!

Ew.

PreviousNext