Interesting Planescape Items Currently on eBay
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The seller is an Acaeum member.  Might it be worth a PM to possibly sort that out?

Jason has shipped a number of items to me in Canada - have been happy with them all.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:28 pm 

Mars wrote:
Jason has shipped a number of items to me in Canada - have been happy with them all.

I will ship to Acaeum members. The problem is that with international shipping I cant get a tracking number and if there is a dispute then I lose. What I would do is if someone sees something they'd like that I have up, then they can PM me here and I will take it down from ebay and sell it as a private sale.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:43 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
I will ship to Acaeum members. The problem is that with international shipping I cant get a tracking number and if there is a dispute then I lose. What I would do is if someone sees something they'd like that I have up, then they can PM me here and I will take it down from ebay and sell it as a private sale.

You know, Jason, you can get a tracking number with International shipping. You have to ship something Priority Mail, and there is a bar code thingy on the package that I have been told (by Postal employees) that they can use to track said package. Just letting you know, in case you did not know. That's the only way I ship anything of value overseas. :)

Zen

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:05 pm 

Surely any postal insurance will have some kind of tracking number or identifier - otherwise you couldn't claim on the policy if the item goes astray?

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:10 pm 

Zenfinite wrote:You have to ship something Priority Mail, and there is a bar code thingy on the package that I have been told (by Postal employees) that they can use to track said package.

This only applies to certain Priority Mail items - for example it does not apply to Priority Mail Flat Rate Large Envelopes.

In Canada, some items come with "delivery confirmation" and insurance but not tracking per say.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:19 am 

red_bus wrote:Surely any postal insurance will have some kind of tracking number or identifier - otherwise you couldn't claim on the policy if the item goes astray?

Nope. In the UK you can get a Certificate of Posting from the Post Office, which is free.

All this does is shows you posted the package. There is no tracking involved at all. But it does insure you up to £36 ish on it if you say it goes missing.

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:15 am 

In the UK you need to ship International Signed For (overseas) or Recorded Delivery (UK mainland) in order to comply with PayPal's Seller Protection Policy. Neither of which are trackable. Recorded Delivery only says that a package was posted and was either signed for or lost in the system. International Signed for says a package was posted, left or didn't leave a UK port, and was signed for or not in the receiving country.

For full tracking, in the UK, you need to go with Royal Mail Special Delivery, Royal mail International Airsure, or another carrier.

As far as insurance is concerned, if an iem is lost in transit during an eBay transaction, it is always the seller's responsibility. A full refund is inevitable to the buyer, and as a seller you need to make sure you have either enough insurance in the shipping to cover yourself, and enough proof of delivery to satisfy PayPal if fraud is to be proven.

Bottom line - The seller assumes ALL responsibility REGARDLESS of anything they post in the terms of their auction or agree in correspondence with the buyer. PayPal will always back up the buyer unless you can prove they are lying and committing fraud.

So as a seller, always include for recorded delivery AND full insurance, and as a buyer don't complain for having to pay a fair amount for having your goods delivered in line with Paypal policy. If you wan't cheap shipping and don't care whether your item arrives or not, don't buy from reputable eBay sellers.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:54 am 

Since I've been doing some international shipping lately, and I've had cause to look at Paypal's ToS:

You can get delivery confirmation with USPS Express International, but that costs a huge amount of money. Planes of Conflict to Australia would be on the order of 35-40 dollars, I think - and Jason might require a Verified Business or Premiere Account with Paypal.

Still, it's doable if you want to the pay the price.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:26 am 

TBH, $35-40 seems perfectly reasonable to ship a boxed set around the world.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:59 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:TBH, $35-40 seems perfectly reasonable to ship a boxed set around the world.

Yep, the price for Airmail Small Packet worldwide from Canada that weighs between 1kg - 2kg is $48.40.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:26 pm 

I'd like to note that the Planescape sketchbook is only at $610 right now, with 17 hours to go.

Planescape Sketchbook

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:08 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

In the shrink...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:40 pm 

Big lot, claims to be complete set of Planescape items.

cgi.ebay.com/Complete-Planescape-Collec ... 240%3A1318

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:48 pm 

A little over 6 hours left. I recall someone looking for a particular rare card or two...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:19 am 

bin $29.99 on a mint On Hallowed Ground in Canada

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:10 pm 

Seller lyzarde has some Planescape auctions, one of which ends in 1 day:

. . . eBay listings

I predict that his marriage will not last, as he is already keeping secrets from his new wife.  :) From the auction text:

I have recently gotten married and in the process of moving in together I found my old boxes of Dungeons and Dragons stuff. My new wife does not know of my sordid past as a Dungeon Master, and I would like to keep it that way. So all of my beloved childhood must go. Most of my stuff is in good condition with no mountain dew or Doritos stains. Please be kind to my childhood.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:27 am 

The Deva Spark in SW

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:06 pm 

eBay listings

Dead Gods, Modron March, Planes of Conflict... starting at $2.50 min bid.

PreviousNext