Planescape Sketchbook
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:19 am 

The Planescape Sketchbook arrived today (it took a leisurely tour on its way from France, it appears).  I'm not a Planescape collector, but I put in a bid at a price that I thought stood a chance at winning . . . and got it for quite a bit less than that.  :D

As shown in the picture, the cover has some spine creases, and rubbing, but it's not bad at all.  On the Acaeum scale, the cover is VG/VG+.  As for the interior, the binding is tight, the pages are pristine, the staples clean.  I'm quite happy with the purchase.   8)

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:59 pm 

Bracton wrote in Planescape Sketchbook:The Planescape Sketchbook arrived today (it took a leisurely tour on its way from France, it appears).  I'm not a Planescape collector, but I put in a bid at a price that I thought stood a chance at winning . . . and got it for quite a bit less than that.  :D

As shown in the picture, the cover has some spine creases, and rubbing, but it's not bad at all.  On the Acaeum scale, the cover is VG/VG+.  As for the interior, the binding is tight, the pages are pristine, the staples clean.  I'm quite happy with the purchase.   8)

Congrats Mark :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:06 pm 

Bracton has made some very nice acquisitions lately. Mark, would you mind posting some pictures please?

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:07 pm 

Attachment:
20151022_160225_resize.jpg

Well it is certainly not perfect but for $150 I really couldn't say no. It would be nice to know how many of these were printed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:22 am 

Very few, and that was a very good price.

The speculation was around 1000 of them were produced.  Doubtful they were all sold.  The pricing peaked a few years back and has dropped quite a bit since then.  A few people sold their copies back then, and probably saturated the market for a while.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:30 am 

I put a new, signed, sketched-on planescape sketchbook up on eBay for any interested Planescape junkies out there...

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:44 am 

Argh, I almost got this copy. Someone topped my bid at the last second :)

D&D in the world @DNDCollecting
A quick look at the rarest, oddest, most elusive items within the Dungeons & Dragons franchise, with a special focus on obscure international (non-US) items

https://twitter.com/DNDCollecting

Previous