About the subforum....
Author

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:07 am 

I've pretty much got scans of everything from my personal collection, though I would be most appreciative of any suggestions as to what else I should include on the pages that detail the products related to the setting. I've got a camera, a scanner, and a love of this setting, so this is all doable as far as I'm concerned. (Though I do apologize for being slow in compiling the actual subweb area)

Books/box sets are definite.
Promos?
Minis?
Cards?
Something else?

Also, I would greatly appreciate any help with pricing when the time comes. :) Planescape is one of the settings that, I feel, fluctuates the most as far as pricing goes, especially on eBay. I may collect the stuff passionately, but I'm very much an amateur when it comes to determining a solid, general value for an item.

If you feel the need, suggestions, ideas, comments and help can all be put here, sent via PM, or emailed here: [email protected]

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:37 pm 

I say go for everything you can get. There's a loooot of PS fans out there, and I'm sure between us, we can get stuff organized :)

When you're ready to start with pricing, give me a yell at grayson2 AT telus DOT net - I run an eBay store (Powerseller), and focus a lot on Planescape stuff on eBay. No doubt there's other folks as well-lanned as I am out there, so hopefully a bunch of 'em read this and can help out as well :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:29 pm 

Azurah,

I am sure I can give some suggestions on how to handle pricing as well. Not only by providing some sales data, but also with a method of tracking and recording prices (and keeping them in line with current Acaeum standards)

As far as content: you can try to include some basic product information: Exact contents of sets and possibly assemble some different printing information (i.e. there are at least two different Campaign setting boxes as I mentioned to you in an earlier PM).

Planescape seems to attract a great number of collector's based on its broad appeal as both a playable and readable subject. Perhaps you could elaborate on the products and give visitors a more detailed understanding of the subject matter. For example, even if someone is not particularly interested in Planescape, they might be interested in the Astral Plane for a series of adventures in their own campaign. What exactly does Guide to the Astral Plane contain? Is it worth spending @ $30.00 on?

How about Hellbound: The Blood War? Sure, I've sold about 3 of them, but I've never actually read it. What exactly is the Blood War (I kinda know its the battle acros the lower planes between Chaos and Law, right?)
I mean, I want to read all the Planescape stuff, but I have little time and am usually reselling Planescape before I even get the chance to check it out . . .

Finally, I think that you could devote some of the space to information on all Planescape products: Pins, computer game & strategy guide, minis, etc. Might as well make it comprehensive.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:41 am 

Hi guys. Thanks for your responses. :) I feel encouraged. I'll see what I can do to get scans of as much as possible. Hell, I might even get inspired enough to scan the Blood Wars cards. :P

I *really* appreciate the offer for help on pricing. I'll definitely contact you two about that when the time comes. I already had made a comprehensive list of all products and their contents awhile back... I think I have it posted on the eBay group I made. It should make the work a little easier to have that already done. I'm a little lost on printings, too, though. It's something I've only begun to pay attention to since having the box set differences noted.

I guess perhaps I'll do the basics first, and as I find the time make it more detailed as per the suggestion to elaborate on the products. Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll keep working on delving into the promotional items and such. I'm very proud of my collection, though every time I think I'm done, some new promo item I didn't know about comes popping up. ;) At least I'll have a lot to contribute, so far!

But thanks muchly for the suggestions and the offers to help. I'm hoping life will allow me some amount of free time to work hard on this, soon! :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:23 pm 

Here is something that just occurred to me. . . how about a listing of all Dragon Magazines with Planescape articles and all Dungeon Mags with Planescape adventures?

Even if you don't know all these, I am sure others can help you gather the info . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:36 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Here is something that just occurred to me. . . how about a listing of all Dragon Magazines with Planescape articles and all Dungeon Mags with Planescape adventures?

Even if you don't know all these, I am sure others can help you gather the info . . .

Actually, I saw a listing of the PS modules in Dungeon somewhere, but I can't find it now :(

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:35 am 

Funny you should mention that. :} I'm currently working on getting all of the magazines that I can find with articles in them. So, hopefully I'll be working on a compiled list, too. Thanks for the suggestion! Definitely a good one.

I've noted the ones listed on the site mentioned...in one of the other topics, though any magazines after 235, if any actually have PS stuff,  I might need help with. Also, should it be stuff *directly* related to Planescape? Or anything to do with anything Planar? (The more recent 3rd edition articles on Devas etc. for example.)

And an even bigger thanks to fluffmaister for the help with the magazines. (*grin* Such an understatement.)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:22 pm 

That would depend on how much planar stuff is kicking around in the magazines I suppose. Would sure be nice to have the information, but it might be a big too big a job ;)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:23 am 

RE the dragon/dungeon with PS related stuff.  This is what I have and I believe its pretty complete:

Dungeon 55 Umbra Christopher Perkins AD&D PS 6-9

Dungeon 60 Nemesis Christopher Perkins AD&D PS 7-12

Dragon 203

Dragon 204

Dragon 205

Dragon 208

Dragon 213

Dragon 216

Dragon 219

Dragon 221

Dragon 223

Dragon 229

Dragon 230

Dragon 231

Dragon 232

Dragon 233

Dragon 234

Dragon 235

Dragon 287

Dragon 315

Dragon Annual #1

Dragon Annual #2

I just use an excel sheet to keep track of all the PS stuff I know of and that I own (and how much it has sucked away of my income!).  I have comments for each magazine detailing what each one specifcally has about PS.  But I can not easily export them and I am too lazy at 12:20 to manually type them up :)

Other interesting stuff for the PS list:

Uncut Blood War cards.

Faction Stickers.

The Ral Partha Figures.

The 5 PS setting books.

Oderint dum metuant...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:16 am 

Off the top of my head . . . other items tied in with Planescape:

Vortex Of Madness

Die Vecna, Die

TSR Jam 1999

Guide to Hell

Warriors of Heaven

I am sure there are others . . .

Planar related items:

Tales from the Outer Planes

Manual of the Planes

Monstrous Compendium Appendix:  Outer Planes

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:10 pm 

You guys rock. ;) I'm trying to get together a list of all the different Planescape: Torment stuff, too. What a chore! So many different versions of it.

...uncut Blood Wars cards? Man, just when you think you're almost done with harder to find stuff.  :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:41 pm 

Azurah wrote:You guys rock. ;) I'm trying to get together a list of all the different Planescape: Torment stuff, too. What a chore! So many different versions of it.

...uncut Blood Wars cards? Man, just when you think you're almost done with harder to find stuff. :?

Yeah it was a consellation prize from someone I was trading with for the Sketchbook.  I sent them the money then they couldnt find the sketchbook.  Got my money back and 4 large sheets of uncut blood war cards.

Didnt know they existed until they turned up in the mail.

Torment IS my favourite PC game of all time and is the game which introduced me to PS and then all this collecting.  Would be interested to see any kind of list you generate.  Not sure what you  mean by different versions.  I assume you are just refering to the packaging as the sw had a few different versions due to regions/patches but I would be surprised if they were at all different.

Oderint dum metuant...

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:23 am 

Oops. Yeah, I mean the different boxed versions of the game, not the game itself. There was merely the 4 disc and the 2 disc (patched). But there's so many different boxes for them, it's kind of neat to discover. I love the German Memorial Box. The character trading cards are a little flimsy, but still cool.

Did I mention I wish there were PS: Torment action figures?

That's a neat consolation prize. It stinks that you didn't get a sketchbook, but it's still neat. :) Are the uncut sheets all of the same cards? (like, all 4 sheets the same as one another).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:39 am 

Azurah wrote:You guys rock. ;) I'm trying to get together a list of all the different Planescape: Torment stuff, too. What a chore! So many different versions of it.

...uncut Blood Wars cards? Man, just when you think you're almost done with harder to find stuff. :?

you mean to say you havent finished yet?! :D someone of your stellar experience in this realm, i would have thought you would have reeled this off in like 5 mins flat :D :D :D :D

(joking of course)

keep up the hard work

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:51 am 

Azurah wrote:
That's a neat consolation prize. It stinks that you didn't get a sketchbook, but it's still neat. :) Are the uncut sheets all of the same cards? (like, all 4 sheets the same as one another).

The uncut sheets are all different cards.

I also have a bunch of faction stickers and one with the Lady of Pain on it for Faction Wars.

Oderint dum metuant...

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:51 pm 

Sounds nifty. I'd love to see the uncut sheets! Got a digital camera? ;}

The stickers are very cool.

*laughs at Al* Suuure, make me question my abilities as a Planescape collector for not having the uncut cards. ;) I'm such a failure!

...Actually, crap, where in the world *am* I going to find those? Now you've done it! The doubt really has set in.  :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:13 pm 

Azurah wrote:
*laughs at Al* Suuure, make me question my abilities as a Planescape collector for not having the uncut cards. ;) I'm such a failure!

...Actually, crap, where in the world *am* I going to find those? Now you've done it! The doubt really has set in. :?

see! there you have it. see, once, i used to look up to you, you know. you were my ideal of a planescape god in the realm of collecting, but all my thoughts have been shattered to the seven winds now.

life will just not be the same anymore now...see what youve done??!! :D

better get a hunting for them :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:21 pm 

you were my ideal of a planescape god in the realm of collecting

Oh no... this also interrupts my plans of ascension to Demi-goddessness...  :evil:

Yes... I must get hunting... no sleep, no food... just uncut cards... Must regain reputation...

:P You're evil, Al. Evil.

ps. But wait until you see what's coming to me in the mail! *excited*

Next