Does anyone know anything about these pins?
Author

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:09 pm 

Alrighty, back onto the subject of pins for now, I promised I'd show what I received in the mail so long ago. I'm still very excited about getting these, and if they weren't sharp, I would surely cuddle them. :D

I also just want to say that it feels good to be able to show these to people who appreciate them. My friends around here, even the gamers, don't seem to care outside of knowing these make me happy.

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/AzurahSh ... spins1.jpg

The little pins were explained to be some of the original prototypes and enamel/gold plate/pewter mold tests. And the TSR dragon belt buckle has nothing to do with Planescape, but it was cool! The guy that sold these to me was one of the coolest people I've ever shared emails with.

Sorry for the blurry digital photo. I'll have to take another, as on the back of the Lady of Pain buckle, there's a cute little Modron!

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:17 pm 

hey the pins rock! you need to get a real nice sharp close-up of each one really so we can see them in detail.

would be very interested in looking at them then

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:25 pm 

Oh man. Those are awesome. I'd eat a gelugon whole for one of those ;)

If you (or anyone else) has any extras..  :lol:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:22 am 

Man, I hail from Spain, been planescaping for 11 years now, nonstop with my buddies and I have been years after those pins and buckles.

Please advise on any auction at ebay or whether you wanna sell that stuff. I'll pay dearly for them :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:25 pm 

Just comparing those to the ones I have - wow. The 5 I just won are crappy little aluminum pins with copper (?) pins. They look like they're literally just folded over pieces of painted aluminum.

Not that I love mine any less, but I'd still eat a gelugon to get ahold of yours  :lol:

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:09 pm 

I fear eating a gelugon would result in terrible indigestion.  :cry:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:18 pm 

Oh man... *lusts after pins*

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:00 pm 

Is Azurah still lurking here w/o signing on? :?
I didn't see this one in the display (old pic?), if so...

*waves tentatively*

[ed.] or is it at the top-left?

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:28 pm 

Aww. Someone missed me. ;) I actually had said I wouldn't allow myself to lurk here much until I finished the web page. And... since I just PM'd Foulfoot about posting it... yay!

About the pin... awesome win! Wow! It still looks all new and shiny on the card.  :D Congrats on that. Did you actively look or did you just happily stumble onto that? Great price. :}

I think that is the one in the upper left of my picture. Too lazy to run upstairs as I was headed out the door, but I'm pretty sure. I believe the only one of these pins that I am personally missing is the Doomguard one. I've never even seen that one. I always find it so frustrating to be missing *one last* of something. :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:45 pm 

Azurah wrote:Aww. Someone missed me. ;) I actually had said I wouldn't allow myself to lurk here much until I finished the web page. And... since I just PM'd Foulfoot about posting it... yay!

About the pin... awesome win! Wow! It still looks all new and shiny on the card.  :D Congrats on that. Did you actively look or did you just happily stumble onto that? Great price. :}

I think that is the one in the upper left of my picture. Too lazy to run upstairs as I was headed out the door, but I'm pretty sure. I believe the only one of these pins that I am personally missing is the Doomguard one. I've never even seen that one. I always find it so frustrating to be missing *one last* of something. :P

Dammit, I missed you too.  We need some female presence around here to help ease the mood. :wink:   Too many dudes makes things a bit to tense around here. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:01 pm 

Azurah wrote:Aww. Someone missed me. ;) I actually had said I wouldn't allow myself to lurk here much until I finished the web page. And... since I just PM'd Foulfoot about posting it... yay!

well what does it look like?

whihc reminds me, i must look at them things i won the other month...badges/pins or whatever they were  :oops:  i still havent got em out of the packet i had them sent in  :oops:  :oops: :)

i take it my things were badges and not the same as what you are on about there then....

(not that i would know)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:14 pm 

Can't wait to see the site :)

Azurah wrote:I always find it so frustrating to be missing *one last* of something. :P

Sort of agree, though I tend to also find it pretty cool when something new comes around that I have to start searching for.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:22 pm 

Azurah wrote:Aww. Someone missed me. ;)

I do try to keep tabs on the "last signon" dates: not just a case of "I saw this and thought of you". :P
Good to hear from you again, Azurah.

Azurah wrote:I actually had said I wouldn't allow myself to lurk here much until I finished the web page. And... since I just PM'd Foulfoot about posting it... yay!

*yay* indeed! Had been wondering what was up with that. (Work, work, work... ^^).

Azurah wrote:About the pin... awesome win! Wow! It still looks all new and shiny on the card.  :D Congrats on that. Did you actively look or did you just happily stumble onto that? Great price. :}

I think that is the one in the upper left of my picture.

Aha... I didn't spot that possibility until afterwards. Wasn't going to leave it lying for someone else to snag, if you did actually need it. Not at that price, anyhow. ;)
Do post us up a pic of the one your missing and will keep an eye open for that.
(Yup, just stumbled onto the auction whilst rummaging. It was in the D&D category, though).

=
Well, that's me happy to have finally had a proper reason for posting on your forum!
Be seeing ya around. :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:30 pm 

i opened the parcel that had them badge things in - they look pretty cool - though i dunno wtf i am gonna do with em :D

*sticks em back in the jiffy and puts them in the back room*

i will prb lose them now and spot them again in about a year - tends to be how things go in that back room :D

just found a pile of about 1000 monstrous compendium sheets before all mixed up - anyone fancy sorting them all out for me? :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:33 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
just found a pile of about 1000 monstrous compendium sheets before all mixed up - anyone fancy sorting them all out for me? :D

Al

http://quadrium.homelinux.org/~or/mc_intro.html

There you go  :wink:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:37 pm 

Plaag wrote:
http://quadrium.homelinux.org/~or/mc_intro.html

There you go  :wink:

ShaneG.

cool! nice one! feck that i aint doing it *logs a job for daughter when she comes over tomorrow* :D

just found some more blank wilderness maps, 2 copies of knight and knaves and a GW mono of G2

amazing what you find when you just pile everything all over the place :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:44 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
cool! nice one! feck that i aint doing it *logs a job for daughter when she comes over tomorrow* :D

just found some more blank wilderness maps, 2 copies of knight and knaves and a GW mono of G2

amazing what you find when you just pile everything all over the place :D

Al

:lol: reminds me of a Staples commercial (office supply store here in the US) where the father is working at home with all this equipment, then turns to his daughter with a bunch of papers and asks her 'can you collate these for daddy'

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:53 am 

I do try to keep tabs on the "last signon" dates: not just a case of "I saw this and thought of you".  Good to hear from you again, Azurah.

Aww. But the second is so much more mushy.  :)

Aha... I didn't spot that possibility until afterwards. Wasn't going to leave it lying for someone else to snag, if you did actually need it. Not at that price, anyhow.  
Do post us up a pic of the one your missing and will keep an eye open for that.

I so so so so very much appreciate the thought. Thank you, truly. And I am quite glad that it has a good home, now. You should wear it! ;) Definitely an awesome auction to stumble across! Your luck amazes me. :)

The one I'm missing is this symbol (there's always something elusive where collecting is concerned, isn't there): Image

And thanks, bclarkie, too. ;) I'll try to bring some girly-ness back here... somehow. Maybe make the Planescape forum all pink or something.... or not...

Al, you should wear your pins, too. You could get all the ladies with that bling.

Oh, and lastly:
Well, that's me happy to have finally had a proper reason for posting on your forum!

Feh! Who needs a proper reason. ;) Come hang out here anyway.

PreviousNext