Does anyone know anything about these pins?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:03 am 

JimK wrote:Since I've already had a couple of Private Messages I'll just go ahead and post this:

Yes, I'm willing to sell it.

I love Planescape but understand that this would make someone extremely happy.

Best,

Jim

So who was the lucky buyer?

Oderint dum metuant...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:13 am 

So to update my inventory list there were:

9 faction pewtar pins.

9 faction pewtar necklaces.

1 Lady of Pain belt buckle (?)

9 cheap ass GENCON TSR staff pins as well?

Thanks.

Oderint dum metuant...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:26 am 

I am sure there was a 18K Gold Lady of Pain Belt Buckle as well. I think one was up on Ebay about 2 months ago

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:52 am 

Orlandojones wrote:I am sure there was a 18K Gold Lady of Pain Belt Buckle as well. I think one was up on Ebay about 2 months ago

One off or something mass produced?

Oderint dum metuant...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:20 pm 

solomani wrote:
Orlandojones wrote:I am sure there was a 18K Gold Lady of Pain Belt Buckle as well. I think one was up on Ebay about 2 months ago

One off or something mass produced?

Definately mass produced. An 18k Gold boxed belt buckle of the lady of pain. Made i think by the same UK company that made the pewter ones

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:45 pm 

Actually, the guy who created the Lady of Pain belt buckle says that there were only 6 of the gold plated Lady of Pain buckles made. The pewter ones were mass produced, I guess.

There's also a pewter flask with a resin Lady of Pain on it, and I believe a pewter tin of the same type (which I've never seen).

edit: Oh, and by the way, there's 15 factions for the pins.

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:44 pm 

So to recap:

15 faction pewtar pins.

15 faction pewtar necklaces.

1 Pewtar Lady of Pain belt buckle (mass produced)

1 18k gold Ladyof Pain belt buckle (6 only)

15 cheap ass GENCON TSR staff pins

Pewter flask with a resin Lady of Pain on it

Pewter tin of the same type

By tin you mean like a tin box or something?

Oderint dum metuant...

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:20 am 

Well, I'm *assuming* that there are 15 different pewter pins/necklaces for the factions. This isn't quite confirmed as I haven't seen *every* faction, and the guy that made them doesn't quite remember how many different styles there were. I'll see what I can find out about those.

And by tin, I mean like a little pewter box, yes. :}

And for your list, there's also a Lady of Pain pin of the "cheap ass" type, as you call them, as well as the rusty-finished Lady of Pain pin that JimK brought to our attention.

What items are you trying to compile a list of? Just pins and pewter, or other stuff, too, like the staff sweatshirt?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:16 am 

Azurah wrote:Well, I'm *assuming* that there are 15 different pewter pins/necklaces for the factions. This isn't quite confirmed as I haven't seen *every* faction, and the guy that made them doesn't quite remember how many different styles there were. I'll see what I can find out about those.

And by tin, I mean like a little pewter box, yes. :}

And for your list, there's also a Lady of Pain pin of the "cheap ass" type, as you call them, as well as the rusty-finished Lady of Pain pin that JimK brought to our attention.

What items are you trying to compile a list of? Just pins and pewter, or other stuff, too, like the staff sweatshirt?

I have a master excel sheet which I track all known PS stuff in including what I own and how much it cost me.

I had the pewtar faction pin listed (with a comment its x15 so I must of heard that somewhere else years ago) but I didnt know about any of the other buckles, tin etc.

Just want to add it to my list to make it complete and start keeping an eye out for them.

Oderint dum metuant...

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:03 pm 

That's cool. It's nice to meet someone else that's into PS like this. Perhaps we could compare what we've found to exist over the years. It's amazing all the stuff that was made for this setting! And thank goodness, too, else what would I collect? ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:17 pm 

Azurah wrote:That's cool. It's nice to meet someone else that's into PS like this. Perhaps we could compare what we've found to exist over the years. It's amazing all the stuff that was made for this setting! And thank goodness, too, else what would I collect? ;)

would it not be worth you putting a list up here, so everyone can see what is available for PS? you can add to it each time something else crops up etc....but it would be cool to see a list of sorts, with prices etc. i like some PS things just for collecting but have no idea of their worth or anything...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:25 pm 

Ohhh, there will be much more than a list when I actually finish the subforum. Prices, pictures, lists.... it will be beautiful. *wipes tear* >:} I have a vision!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:29 pm 

Azurah wrote:Ohhh, there will be much more than a list when I actually finish the subforum. Prices, pictures, lists.... it will be beautiful. *wipes tear* >:} I have a vision!

but will i still be alive when its finished? :D

or will i be living on Mars then or something ? :D :D :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:29 pm 

I have a vision!  

Me too. I have a vision that your Planescapelist will do the same as the Acaeum has done for older D&D stuff: Set the pricelevel.

Pretty smart actually. Now all Planescape collectors will stop at the 'Acaeum-value' and Azurah goes 1 bid increment further untill she own ALL Planescape accessories........ :lol:

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:37 pm 

*laugh* Nooo. It hopefully won't take me long to do. I've got most of the scans done, it'll just be the pricing that'll give me the biggest problem. But all of you wonderful people will help me with that, right? ;)

I simply had to do a few things that are related to my future first. It was hard not to just dive into the Planescape stuff, but I'm ready to roll, now.

As for setting the price level for this stuff, wow. When you say it like that, that actually sounds like quite the position to be in. Now I'm definitely glad I've got help in determining the prices for this stuff. Though your idea is tempting. ;)

Yes... YES! I will own EVERY Planescape item EVER CREATED! You, fluffmaister, can start by sending me all your stuff. If I don't get it by the end of the month, you will be eradicated with my deadly, ocean-spanning mind blast. :twisted:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:42 pm 

simply had to do a few things that are related to my future first

You mean Planescape isn't in your future?  Or should I say, Planescape isn't your future?  :wink:

Yes... YES! I will own EVERY Planescape item EVER CREATED! You, fluffmaister, can start by sending me all your stuff. If I don't get it by the end of the month, you will be eradicated with my deadly, ocean-spanning mind blast.

I see my research capabilities have been outlived....I know what to do. I'll sent you MORE magazines to drag inside the house so you won't have the strength to mind-blast me.

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:50 pm 

Planescape could be my future, though I would then be living in a small, square home on a street corner, insulated and built from all those Dragon Mags... Which I love, so I suppose I will allow you to keep your Planescape items. ;)

Those were quite heavy, by the way. My poor mailman.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:54 pm 

Those were quite heavy, by the way. My poor mailman.

Well. sorry! I'll stop sending you MORE dragon Mags then. So, when more arrive you know I just LOVE to see your mailman suffer  :twisted:

PreviousNext