planes of law planescape box set Find
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:32 pm 

Hello all, new to this forum. Not new to dnd but new to planscape. I found this box set complete, with good condition box at a used book store for 15 bucks. Will have to study up on planescape. Don't know much about it or this box set. I have never seen this box set before. Any info about it would be cool. Already read the basics but is it rare or something? Not too much info out there. Thanks

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:30 pm 

Damn good price on Planes of Law. Congrats.

You’ll need the Planescape Campaign Setting boxed set to go with it, probably, although there will be a PDF available of RPGDriveThru if you just want something to refer to. It’s the glue that holds everything else together, but maybe not essential in hard copy. It all depends on whether you want to play, just read, or start a collection.

As a setting I found Planescape to be the hardest of them all to run (although I’ve never tried Dark Sun). I found the fonts ant the writing in general a pain to read for extended periods. I just couldn’t get my players to engage. They found it too alien and unrelatable, and were more suited to dungeon crawling, sitting in taverns and haggling with blacksmiths. We’re Scots. Half of them still wear kilts and carry broadswords at conventions. I love the art and architecture though, of course the illustrations and the visual feel is something the players rarely get to see.

I’ll let someone else answer specifics, because I don’t really follow this sub-forum much.
Anyways, welcome to Acaeum. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:03 pm 

Thanks for the response! Was sorta shocked to see this box set stuck in the shelf like a book. I knew I had to buy it. Side note, Faces of sigil was sitting next to it for a whopping 3 dollars. Lol.. grabbed it up as well