Recently rediscovered my Planescape collection
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:21 am 

Hi everyone,

I am visiting my parents this weekend and they've tasked me with clearing out my old room. In doing so, I found a large box filled with Planescape materials in excellent condition. I'm curious what the secondary market is for materials like this? (I'm new here; would this be better off in the Classifies Appraisal section?)

These books and box sets do appear to have some value, but I'm honestly not sure what the optimal route for selling would be. Should I just take them to eBay? Seems too broad a marketplace for too niche a set of items..?

Planescape Campaign Setting
Monstrous Compendium Appendix
Planes of Chaos
Planes of Law
Planes of Conflict
The Factol's Manifesto
A Guide to the Astral Plane
Tales from the Infinite Staircase
The Great Modron March
Dead Gods

Thanks for your help!

EDIT — Photos (well weird Live Photos) of everything I found here: https://imgur.com/a/OpZuFUc

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:07 am 

Ebay is the broadest market that will reach you the widest audience, to maximize that, I would list them there and then post a link to your auctions in the classifieds here. All of your stuff is in demand and from a brief review of the photos, looks to be in solid condition, assuming the box sets are complete.  If you sell the items individually, I think you will gross somewhere upwards of $500.

acropolis wrote in Recently rediscovered my Planescape collection:Hi everyone,

I am visiting my parents this weekend and they've tasked me with clearing out my old room. In doing so, I found a large box filled with Planescape materials in excellent condition. I'm curious what the secondary market is for materials like this? (I'm new here; would this be better off in the Classifies Appraisal section?)

These books and box sets do appear to have some value, but I'm honestly not sure what the optimal route for selling would be. Should I just take them to eBay? Seems too broad a marketplace for too niche a set of items..?

Planescape Campaign Setting
Monstrous Compendium Appendix
Planes of Chaos
Planes of Law
Planes of Conflict
The Factol's Manifesto
A Guide to the Astral Plane
Tales from the Infinite Staircase
The Great Modron March
Dead Gods

Thanks for your help!

EDIT — Photos (well weird Live Photos) of everything I found here: https://imgur.com/a/OpZuFUc

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:23 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote in Recently rediscovered my Planescape collection:I would list them there and then post a link to your auctions in the classifieds here. All of your stuff is in demand and from a brief review of the photos, looks to be in solid condition, assuming the box sets are complete.

Thanks for the input! Yeah, everything's in very good condition and the sets are complete — though it took me a while to sort out which maps and posters belong to which box set after so long! Cross-posting my eBay listings sounds like a plan. I appreciate the help!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:30 pm 

acropolis wrote in Recently rediscovered my Planescape collection:
Grug Greyskin wrote in Recently rediscovered my Planescape collection:I would list them there and then post a link to your auctions in the classifieds here. All of your stuff is in demand and from a brief review of the photos, looks to be in solid condition, assuming the box sets are complete.

Thanks for the input! Yeah, everything's in very good condition and the sets are complete — though it took me a while to sort out which maps and posters belong to which box set after so long! Cross-posting my eBay listings sounds like a plan. I appreciate the help!

Personally, I would post them to the Facebook group "RPG Auctions" first. More likely to get top dollar there than you would from eBay.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:02 pm 

MadCatUSA wrote in Recently rediscovered my Planescape collection:
acropolis wrote in Recently rediscovered my Planescape collection:Thanks for the input! Yeah, everything's in very good condition and the sets are complete — though it took me a while to sort out which maps and posters belong to which box set after so long! Cross-posting my eBay listings sounds like a plan. I appreciate the help!

Personally, I would post them to the Facebook group "RPG Auctions" first. More likely to get top dollar there than you would from eBay.

And the fees are a lot cheaper!!!

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord