Troll & Toad sale on goodman 4th ed DCC Line
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 41, 2, 3, 4
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:19 pm 
 

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p294343.htm ... teid=42_93

Anyone interested in collecting these this would seem to be the time.

They had 112 of these sets of the first 11 DCC 4th ed modules this morning.

I guess these are being dumped. Its about $4 a module + shipping.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 728
Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 18, 2021
Location: Maitland, Florida

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:37 pm 
 

74 left now.  Thanks for the heads up, Jason.


If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 864
Joined: Apr 16, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2021
Location: Mobile, Alabama

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:37 pm 
 

Thanks indeed Jason.... Make that 71 in stock.

:)


Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:38 pm 
 

I used FACEBOOK (has to be in all caps) in the coupon code area and got an additional 5% off, btw 8)

so that was my first order through Troll & Toad. Hopefully everything will arrive well and I'll have a pleasant experience. I'll let you know how it goes, of course.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:50 pm 
 

misterspock wrote:I used FACEBOOK (has to be in all caps) in the coupon code area and got an additional 5% off, btw 8)

so that was my first order through Troll & Toad. Hopefully everything will arrive well and I'll have a pleasant experience. I'll let you know how it goes, of course.


That's an incredible deal. $38 (+shipping) then for 11 modules. I know one of them was a bargain module (I think it was DCC#59) but the retail on these was around $160 to start.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 728
Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 18, 2021
Location: Maitland, Florida

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:42 pm 
 

Since I have the sickness that makes me do a spreadsheet of everything, here's the breakdown with cover prices:

Dungeon Crawl Classic 053: Sellswords of Punjar                                 $14.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 054: Forges of the Mountain King                $14.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 055: Isle of the Sea Drake                        $14.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 056: Scions of Punjar                                $12.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 057: Wyvern Mountain                                $11.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 058: The Forgotten Portal                                $15.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 059: Mists of Madness                                $2.00
Dungeon Crawl Classic 060: Thrones of Punjar                                $13.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 061: Citadel of the Corruptor                        $12.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 062: Shrine of the Fallen Lama                        $13.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 063: The Warbringer's Son                        $21.99

Total $150.90

64 left.


If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:52 pm 
 

lucyjoyce wrote:Since I have the sickness that makes me do a spreadsheet of everything, here's the breakdown with cover prices:

Dungeon Crawl Classic 053: Sellswords of Punjar                                 $14.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 054: Forges of the Mountain King                $14.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 055: Isle of the Sea Drake                        $14.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 056: Scions of Punjar                                $12.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 057: Wyvern Mountain                                $11.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 058: The Forgotten Portal                                $15.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 059: Mists of Madness                                $2.00
Dungeon Crawl Classic 060: Thrones of Punjar                                $13.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 061: Citadel of the Corruptor                        $12.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 062: Shrine of the Fallen Lama                        $13.99
Dungeon Crawl Classic 063: The Warbringer's Son                        $21.99

Total $150.90

64 left.


Wow $21.99 for #63? Was it a bigger module or was there a price increase?

When did #63 come out? 4th edition prices on ebay have gotten pretty low for the most part.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 728
Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 18, 2021
Location: Maitland, Florida

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:00 pm 
 

#63 was the  "Official Dungeon Crawl Classics GenCon 2008 Tournament Module" from Goodman games.  The review I read about it wasn't posted until Oct of last year, so not sure of the publication date.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/reviews/26 ... odule.html

Very positive review.


If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3343
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:30 am 
 

Shame shipping to here kills the price otherwise I might be tempted myself for that sort of money!   8O


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 am 
 

Sales of these slowed down. Still 62 sets left. They sold at least 50 0f these sets in one day (and I believe that number).

Ive picked up the core set to 4th edition and a number of adventures. I want to give it a try and see how it is as a tactical fantasy boardgame. If I close one eye and look at 4th edition as a wargame Im hoping it works. But I can't stomach it as an RPG let alone the succesor to AD&D.

Maybe it is better that Goodman dropped the classic module look, but when you see these module from a distance they look bland, a blob band of color in the middle of white.

I just wonder how 4th edition is doing. They are releasing a ton of supplements for it, but the price on them quickly falls to half retail and below. Even Hommlet dropped in price a around Christmas (dont know what it selling for now).

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:24 am 
 

A few of the game stores I have been to recently are selling all their 4e stuff at a discount.  Not sure how much new 4e stuff they are getting in either - the pickings look pretty slim.

As a guess, it probably means that in 10 years from now there won't be as much cheap 4e stuff as there has been D20 in todays market.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:30 am 
 

Mars wrote:A few of the game stores I have been to recently are selling all their 4e stuff at a discount.  Not sure how much new 4e stuff they are getting in either - the pickings look pretty slim.

As a guess, it probably means that in 10 years from now there won't be as much cheap 4e stuff as there has been D20 in todays market.


In ten years I wonder if we will be at 7th edition.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:35 am 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:In ten years I wonder if we will be at 7th edition.


Probably not a 7th yet but most likely onto the 5th Edition.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:39 am 
 

Mars wrote:
Probably not a 7th yet but most likely onto the 5th Edition.


I think they must be working on 5th or at least 4.5 already. When sales drop below a certain level Id bet Hasbro will want them to start selling a brand new set of corebooks. Figure a new edition every 3 or 4 years, maybe more if they get desperate for cash.

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 864
Joined: Apr 16, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2021
Location: Mobile, Alabama

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:47 pm 
 

T&T are burning the weekend oil!  A few minutes ago, I received an email with the UPS tracking number for the sets I ordered.  On second thought, maybe it is just the Toad working as we all know the Troll shies away from the burning oil. :)


Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4485
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:29 pm 
 

I had to get in on this lot.  Thanks Jason.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:06 pm 
 

My set just arrived today. Quick shipping. They came shrinkwrapped in a massive block and in excellent condition.

According to the site there are 6 sets left in stock (down from 112 on the 1st).

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:35 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:My set just arrived today. Quick shipping. They came shrinkwrapped in a massive block and in excellent condition.

According to the site there are 6 sets left in stock (down from 112 on the 1st).


I think the stock number indicates how many they have in the store at the moment.  They bring large quantities of stuff to the warehouse, reduced the stock in the store.  Then when it sells out, they replenish and sometimes raise the price.

How much was the shipping for those sets to you?  I am wondering if it would be cheaper to have them shipped to someone in the US then forwarded using a Flat Rate box?

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:13 pm 
 

Mars wrote:
I think the stock number indicates how many they have in the store at the moment.  They bring large quantities of stuff to the warehouse, reduced the stock in the store.  Then when it sells out, they replenish and sometimes raise the price.

How much was the shipping for those sets to you?  I am wondering if it would be cheaper to have them shipped to someone in the US then forwarded using a Flat Rate box?


$11 for me to have it shipped here. No media rate was offered. Total $51

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4485
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:22 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:
$11 for me to have it shipped here. No media rate was offered. Total $51


Same for me, and mine arrive today as well.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 41, 2, 3, 4