Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 111123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:17 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I havent seen a copy of Starstone on Ebay in I dont know how long.  While it and Seren Ironhand are two of my favorite non-TSR modules, I dont own any of the Dimension Six books.  Are they any good?

I think there were two Starstones and one Seren last year.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:12 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I dont own any of the Dimension Six books.  Are they any good?

They are pretty good, although Furioso is really hard going if you're the DM. Way too much info and background reading before you play the game. Big investment time.
There is a very good line of adventures in almost the same format coming out of France from a company called Le Dernier Cercle. The mapwork and adventures are very high quality, but the language barrier prevents most people even looking at these. Nowadays with cheap scanners and online translaters, you can convert text to English very quickly and efficiently. Again, these are very uncommon, cropping up only a few times a year (some I've never seen on eBay).

TheHistorian wrote:I think there were two Starstones and one Seren last year.

That's right.
Curiously, I hear there may be republications in the future.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:15 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:That's right.
Curiously, I hear there may be republications in the future.

Still working on it :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:17 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Dimension Six books.  Are they any good?

I wouldn't know about Furioso.  I won a Furioso for relatively cheap...excellent condition a few months ago.  Now I'm afraid to open it.

The other Dimension Six stuff I have is decidedly OD&D-ish.

Does that make sense?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 am 

FormCritic wrote:The other Dimension Six stuff I have is decidedly OD&D-ish.

Does that make sense?

Yep; makes sense here. :)

FormCritic wrote:I wouldn't know about Furioso.  I won a Furioso for relatively cheap...excellent condition a few months ago.  Now I'm afraid to open it.

Don't be. Seriously. :D

It might require consideration if thinking about breaking the spine of a $50 book and using that in one-off game, making pencil annotations, etc., but if purely reading for interest/inspiration/enjoyment/research/etc. one method is just to cradle it in a DM's screen or large format cheap kid's book - and I used to get anything overly rare sent in those by default as they're pretty much indestructible - with a comic book bag underneath: no spine creases, bends, or thumbmarks and shouldn't break the spine on pretty much any book with very few exceptions (e.g. 3rd print woodgrain if not being careful). If paranoid about fingersmudges, say, or for lengthier reading/note transcription, it's easy enough to tape paper or clear strips to the outside cover and wrap those around to help hold the book open: better to use a large, cheap hardback in that case, for obvious reasons.
e.g.

Apols. if all that kinda goes without saying, but hey... ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:03 am 

FormCritic wrote:I wouldn't know about Furioso.  I won a Furioso for relatively cheap...excellent condition a few months ago.  Now I'm afraid to open it.

Don't be.
Furioso is a very common publication to find in NM condition, because no-one ever read or played it. I must have half a dozen of them, and practically every copy I've ever seen on eBay in in EX or NM condition, and neither have any effect on price. Seriously, it's a $20-30 module regardless of whether you read it or not. It's not going to go up in value any time in the forseeable future. Low demand, mediocre quality, stacks of them on the market in NM condition.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:17 am 

lokiwookie wrote:Excellent BIN for Midnight at the well of souls

** expired/removed eBay auction **

$15

Dang! Would've snapped that up had I seen it early enough.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:28 am 

Nice horsey pic David!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 am 

:lol:

Had to evict the Rahasia that's normally stabled there nowadays (along with R1 #1)

Added a couple of dollars for the sender to purchase, plus an extra pound or so in shipping costs but had no trouble surviving the box being mauled somewhat in transit.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Don't be.
Furioso is a very common publication to find in NM condition, because no-one ever read or played it. I must have half a dozen of them, and practically every copy I've ever seen on eBay in in EX or NM condition, and neither have any effect on price. Seriously, it's a $20-30 module regardless of whether you read it or not. It's not going to go up in value any time in the forseeable future. Low demand, mediocre quality, stacks of them on the market in NM condition.

Agreed.  Mine is nearly flawless as well, and it wasn't a big purchase.  Given the paper covers, these should be more beat up on average... so their never having been used is a good guess too.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:22 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Don't be.

Not that I doubt you... because I don't.
But; I only have one Furioso, which I obtained a few years ago at a cost of about $20 or so.
And the cover is truly not good at all, with stains and other problems.

Still, I have not seen one that is Minty that I can replace that one with that is as cheap as you guys seem to think they are selling for.
So please tell me where to find one of those ever so common minty cheapo copies?
Perhaps you would be willing to send one (or even two) of your many copies over?
Besides; Have you not heard that having More than two copies, is simply hoarding anyway.... :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:44 am 

Well, I'll just need to send you one of mine, John. I'm sure you can get stuff over there I can't get over here.
I pick things up whenever I can on eBay. I just don't buy stuff that's not minty unless I have no other choice.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:58 am 

The Dim6 is fairly common as far as nonTSR stuff goes.  Its not as common as the Bard Games items but you probably have maybe 4-6 copies of Furioso show up a year.  Some of the other titles are as common but some are more rare.  Town of Joundan seems to come up the most frequent but Nine Doctrines of Darkness are more rare.

Most of the modules are quite delicate and its tough to get a really nice copy without spine creases.  Furioso has a different constructions and does seem to hold up better.  I have had a few pass through my hands in excellent shape.  I would generally resell a Furioso for around $30 but they can be found cheap when no one is looking - I have picked up one or two for $5 or less.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:38 am 

ebooked Goodman Games DCC's, is that right?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:50 am 

Yep. They did 1-4 and then 5-8, but they were a big flop.
It'd be interesting to see if there were any freebies or bonus materials on the disks, and what the disks themselves looked like, buy to all intent and purposes, the products themselves are the same as the ones you buy in PDF from RPGNow/RPGDriveThru.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:56 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Yep. They did 1-4 and then 5-8, but they were a big flop.
It'd be interesting to see if there were any freebies or bonus materials on the disks, and what the disks themselves looked like, buy to all intent and purposes, the products themselves are the same as the ones you buy in PDF from RPGNow/RPGDriveThru.

It isn't hard to figure out why pdf files of the DCC classics for sale on disc were not a success.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:49 pm 

Rappan Athuk Reloaded, #220 of 1000.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:14 pm 

And speaking of Col. Lou Zocchi, his personal copy of the boxed Tekumel Swords and Glory Vol. 1.

And bagged . . . .

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 111123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 109110111