Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 111123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:49 am 

And here was me thinking that that Sphinx roleplaying game would slip below the radar.  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0620498336

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:08 am 

Yes, nearly 100€ less than what Mark paid his copy :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:38 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
I might just be Mike's evil twin. Yes, back in the ancient days on rec.games.frp.marketplace there were seven regular resellers back then, briefly part of the organization O.G.R.E. Online Game Resellers Evildoers or some such. I can't even remember who everyone was now, though I think we were all listed on Dave Papay's website.

Holy Crap I forgot about that!  It was me, you, Michael Cox of Dragonstrove, Titan games original owner (forgot his name), Sages Guild, Hit Pointe, and Estra Zo, some dude from austin Texas that eventually sold all his gaming stuff and began selling fish online! Yes those were the days.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:27 am 

Badmike wrote:
Holy Crap I forgot about that!  It was me, you, Michael Cox of Dragonstrove, Titan games original owner (forgot his name), Sages Guild, Hit Pointe, and Estra Zo, some dude from austin Texas that eventually sold all his gaming stuff and began selling fish online! Yes those were the days.

Mike B.

Titan Games = Quincy Kozol (sp) and he had this amazing warehouse of RPG items that I remember Michael Cox talking about. I think it was Estra Zo I traded 2 orange B3's off to for a tremendous amount of more common stock. And back then Noble Knight was merely a gleam in the internet's eye.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:53 am 

red_bus wrote:And here was me thinking that that Sphinx roleplaying game would slip below the radar.  :D

** expired/removed eBay auction **

=> viewtopic.php?p=168006&highlight=#168006 ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:05 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Is there a way to differenciate Outlaw press reprints and legit 2nd print? Before having the copy in hands of course :)

Hello Everyone!

I'm selling the Starfaring on eBay.   According to RPG.net's Game Index, the Outlaw Press version has a Red cover.   Mine has the Pink cover from FBI in 1976.  

To the very best of my knowledge, I am selling an original.  

See the two covers
http://index.rpg.net/display-covers.phtml?mainid=4093

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:25 pm 

I remember seing pink cover from Outlaw Press too. Considering info on RPGNet, it seems that Outlaw Press red cover is the 2009 pdf version, and their 2007 version is digest size pink cover as the 2nd original print.

http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtm ... onid=15220

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Last edited by lokiwookie on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:26 pm 

I'll be interested to see how much this Adventure Games Publishing book goes for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:30 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:I'll be interested to see how much this Adventure Games Publishing book goes for:

Jo you need to put a link your sig to your rpgmarketplace store.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:31 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:I'll be interested to see how much this Adventure Games Publishing book goes for:

I think that maybe the first I've seen of an Adventure Games Publishing book being sold on Ebay.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:36 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:I remember seing pink cover from Outlaw Press too. Considering info on RPGNet, it seems that Outlaw Press red cover is the 2009 pdf version, and their 2007 version is digest size pink cover and the 2nd original print.

http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtm ... onid=15220

Mine is 8x11 and pink.  There is no mention of Outlaw Press either on the covers or inside.   I have not seen any Outlaw Press reprints (other than online) so I do not know if they do anything to identify their product.  

I don't take the RPG.net Index as the final official authority, but its all I've found online that helps determine the differences between the FBI and Outlaw versions.

As I've said, I believe that I am selling an excellent condition original copy and if there is a way to identify a Shipman clone from a FBI original other than size and cover color, I am very happy to oblige.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:02 pm 

Totally missed that reference! whoops. Looks like I do not get past the guardian...  8O

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:03 pm 

Plaag wrote:I think that maybe the first I've seen of an Adventure Games Publishing book being sold on Ebay.

NKG still has 9 copies of XXXI at $8.95: James still has a stack of those, too. :?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:08 pm 

red_bus wrote:Totally missed that reference! whoops. Looks like I do not get past the guardian...  8O

:lol:

Bad habit of mine dropping references that I can point back to later, if required: not that those end up being used very often (thanks, Steven! :))

Wasn't bidding any higher even with mutant spelling, though. ^^

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 pm 

spinachcat wrote:Mine is 8x11 and pink.  There is no mention of Outlaw Press either on the covers or inside.   I have not seen any Outlaw Press reprints (other than online) so I do not know if they do anything to identify their product.

Thanks for the confirmation: I was fairly sure that your copy for a FBI original rather than Outlaw Press, given the other items you had up for sale. I don't know which reprints did/didn't state that clearly, so that'll be fun and games in the future...

Was still surprised that Rick only made 500 copies of the second print given how long those were on sale for. That Traveller whatchamacallit has a lot to answer for, I think. ^^
spinachcat wrote:As I've said, I believe that I am selling an excellent condition original copy and if there is a way to identify a Shipman clone from a FBI original other than size and cover color, I am very happy to oblige.

I don't think he issued certificates of unauthenticity, unfortunately.

btw, you're playing down Starfaring in your listing since it was published /before/ MA, not after. Just as well not everyone believes everything that's written on Wikipedia. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 pm 

Fez I, but a zero feedback seller:  

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 pm 

Seller grantdalgliesh is selling the original Harn paintings of maps:

. . .  

If the seller is Grant Dalgiesh, then he is the publisher of Harn and the son of the original publisher.  I don't know if the elder Dalgiesh is still active in Columbia Games.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:26 pm 

Seller zenwired has an Upper Works at $112.50 with 3 days to go:

. . .  

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 111123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 109110111