Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 30 of 111123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 am 

faro wrote:"It took me four or five years before I even anyone who had the game.  I heard once that a copy was sold at Gen Con around 1997 and a couple of game searchers had this game on their list but they had not found it" is about right... The last copy (I think; it was several years ago) vanished pdq at ~$300 BIN.

There was a copy at the Gen Con auction in 2008.

I don't recall if it sold or what the final bid was, but I'm sure you can locate it on one of the spreadsheets they put together.  I believe the term "ridiculously rare" was used as a selling point by one of the auctioneers.  :)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:59 am 

The ToT has one posted as well:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1279

I remember TFM buying it for a lot.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:43 am 

lokiwookie wrote:The Two Towers: Could you give more information about this game and this company please?

Ah yes, poor Rich; an old friend. Still doing fine I trust; I see him at GenCon regularly.

Back in the '70s, Rich Jordison created and published a few wargames under the unincorporated company name "Fact & Fantasy Games" (mislisted in the 2T citation here as 'the Fantasy Game Co.'). Unfortunately many of his games were based on LotR, and the estate whacked him and he destroyed all the existing copies (yes really) as part of the settlement.

Rich also created some wargames based on ERB's Mars, but learning from the Tolkien affair, he rewrote them to be a "green planet" game instead of "red planet". ;> Thus we have the "Warriors of the Green Planet" series of multiple games, all actually suitable for Mars with a little judicious editing & renaming.

Of Rich's illegal Tolkiens, Minas Tirith is indeed more easily found, but Two Towers has come up regularly.

A more generic wargame item is Siege tho it is rather hard to find (and I'm still watching for one at a more reasonable price).

Frank

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:40 pm 

hmm amazing that they destroyed nearly all copies. I was thinking that in this kind of copyright problem, they only forbid the release/publication but do not track copies to destroy them.

Since you are there Frank, could you take a look to this thread please?
viewtopic.php?t=10296
Mars said that perhaps you could recognize this module. I am looking for any information on it.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:59 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Perhaps because prices decrease month after month.

I didn't look to TSR prices, is it the same pattern?

I think pretty much everything is down across the board.  Here's some more that stunned me... first three issues of Warpstone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0626536416

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0626542368

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0626544008

The first issue used to be an easy $200-300.  Maybe this just wasn't advertised well, but... wow!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:08 pm 

Collectors become more reasonable :)
Actually I don't know if it is a good or a bad new. Good new because we will be able to pick up a lot of stuff at fair price. But bad new because if we want to sell our collection one day, we will not able to grab a lot of money...

I won several warpstone issues. Later issues, from 12 to 17 for 1€ each. But they are more common isn't it? Anyway, the seller did not ship them... :(

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:10 pm 

For example, the Serpent Island that Ian is selling

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Only one bid?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:31 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:

I think pretty much everything is down across the board.  Here's some more that stunned me... first three issues of Warpstone:

The first issue used to be an easy $200-300.  Maybe this just wasn't advertised well, but... wow!

Geez I prob would have bid them up if i had seen..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:41 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:
Geez I prob would have bid them up if i had seen..

Brette:)

Mars wrote:or Brett (when he remembers)

:lol:  :lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 pm 

Even if Talislanta is not rare and each book can be easily be find for a few $, it is an interesting lot for who wants to start a Talislanta collection

http://cgi.ebay.com/Talislanta-book-lot ... 0490926908

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:46 pm 

Not in good condition but, for $75 BIN, an EotPT is always interesting ;)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:03 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Even if Talislanta is not rare and each book can be easily be find for a few $, it is an interesting lot for who wants to start a Talislanta collection

I have to think that the current scanning project will crush prices:

http://talislanta.com/?page_id=5

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:31 am 

This is... interesting?

:?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:21 am 

TheHistorian wrote:
I have to think that the current scanning project will crush prices:

I am not sure that collectors are interested in pdf. But it is a very interesting project to scan every Talislanta books to play with.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:39 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I have to think that the current scanning project will crush prices:

Prices for Talislanta aren't very high and I think there will always be a market for those people who want to hold a book in their hand.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 am 

Hi,

speaking with my reseller hat on, talislanta is largely to be avoided.

This caught my eye. I don't know much about minis, is it really worth that much?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Cheers,

malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:28 pm 

Sealed Master of the Universe RPG

I remember that someone here was looking for this game.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:50 pm 

lawrenson wrote:
This caught my eye. I don't know much about minis, is it really worth that much?

Well, six bidders at £100+, and three bidders at £200+, so...

no, not to me.   :lol:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 30 of 111123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 109110111