Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 111123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:25 pm 

Ashmire, I sold my Special Edition for £25 a few months ago.
TheHistorian, I sold my 24-issue lot of Imagines for £50 in April.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:37 pm 

I knew it was a darn sight less than 600 bucks!  

Perhaps I should get into this valuation business...

:lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:26 pm 

It's Dillow week on Ebay:

Goldchester and In the Service of Saena Sephar together. Perhaps a bit too pricy, but I've seen a couple of Goldchester's go for over $70

** expired/removed eBay auction **

and, Murder in Irliss

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:49 pm 

I posted this in the JG section, but there's some non TSR stuff this seller has listed, too. Companions, Murder in Irliss, Steve Jackson Sorcery, etc.

I don't recall everyone's ebay names, but this is someone on the acaeum, correct? Who's in Ohio...chromaticknight?

eBay listings

edit: sorry I didn't see Hermit posted the Murder in Irliss above... :oops:

Last edited by misterspock on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:01 pm 

Here's a 1st print Gamma World booklet, with the map, dice (no box :( ) and in good condition (see his notes about a small stain/yellowing)

Seller also has a Metamorphosis Alpha

and a bunch of SPI stuff

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:11 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:The only thing I see as objectionable is when you quote ridiculous prices.

Again, an example of any of these prices I have quoted that you question would be appreciated

No follow-up?  No examples? No discussion?  Just name calling?  I normally respect your opinions but it seems like you have a beef with me because I disagree with you on the valuation of Phantasy Conclave?

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:25 pm 

Mars wrote:
No follow-up?  No examples? No discussion?  Just name calling?  I normally respect your opinions but it seems like you have a beef with me because I disagree with you on the valuation of Phantasy Conclave?

One last reply then you go back on my ignore list.

You are trying to rip off the phantasy conclave author. I think it is pretty disgusting. I realize you contact authors and publishers over small press stuff and snag up their inventory or remainders, but coming up with ridiculous price quotes to try and buy off this guys remaining stock is just plain offensive.

I had respected your contribution to the rpg hobby but after that I don't want to have anything more to do with you.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:04 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:You are trying to rip off the phantasy conclave author. I think it is pretty disgusting. I realize you contact authors and publishers over small press stuff and snag up their inventory or remainders, but coming up with ridiculous price quotes to try and buy off this guys remaining stock is just plain offensive.

Wow!  I don't even know how to respond to that.  You are completely out of line.  Most authors I buy from have full disclosure on what I intend to sell their items for and I offer either a price to buy their copies outright or a percentage (determined by them) of the final sale.  In some cases, my percentage is 0.  In case you don't understand that, it means that all profit goes back to the author - Fantasy Unlimited items is a good example of that.  I have sent the author around $1000 so far.  Others I do make some money on.  In other cases, where there are limited copies, I end up selling one on Ebay to find the value and then buy another copy from the author for that price paying market value.  Even for items, that I buy from Ebay or private listings that are severely undervalued, I will sometimes send kickback money to the seller.

My motivation for tracking down any of these items is to obtain them for my collection or the Tome.  Its greedy asshats like you that are an offense to the hobby.  People like you who want to artificially inflate the value of an item just so you can screw some buyer to put a few extra dollars in your pocket.  Its despicable that you are trying to hide behind the author of Phantasy Conclave here when its clear this is about you trying to sell your copy for $200 when its probably only worth $100.  I guess we can put a price on your integrity - about $100.  Notice, that no one else here puts the value at anything close to what your value - yep just you.  I guess this should be a surprise considering you use Ebay to fish for noob suckers.  Did you end up selling any of those BINs for Judges Guild Journals at $120 each?  Looks like their valuation is still in the $10-$15 range.

I had respected your contribution to the rpg hobby but after that I don't want to have anything more to do with you.

That's good to hear.  I wish I could say the same to you but I don't respect your contribution to the hobby (don't think you've actually made any); don't respect your inflated valuations to turn a profit and don't respect your business practices of trolling for noobs on Ebay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm 

Hey - forgive me, I'm butting in here - two guys that I respect have a private grievance.  

Why not follow through on what you both have written about letting the matter drop...at least in public?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm 

astenon wrote:Ashmire, I sold my Special Edition for £25 a few months ago.
TheHistorian, I sold my 24-issue lot of Imagines for £50 in April.

Not bad on the Special, not so good on the regulars (especially if those were complete).
The first two bundles of 12 in binders each picked up a relatively easy $75 only a few months ago without any "advertising".

Can go either way, I guess, but even allowing for the draw of a full set in one auction with free postage in the US - where they are more difficult to pick up - a top-end around/above $200 would be a bit of a push, at present, unless really, really nice. Can certainly get 'em for less, but they have gone for more than that in the past.
I doubt Kynan is working to a best offer of those dimensions or, if he is, it would interesting to see likewise with the Beholders. ;)
02c anyhow...

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:09 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Why not follow through on what you both have written about letting the matter drop...at least in public?

I don't plan on continuing it and I certainly don't plan on holding any private conversations about it - its clear that's not worth any time or effort.  But I will defend myself when some muppet comes out of the closet to make nonsensical unjustified claims to and try to manipulate the market because they have something to resell.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:30 pm 

Mark i have written before that you are a credit to our hobby and that is as true today as it was then. thank you for your efforts in turning up small press products and bringing them to a wider collecting audience.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 am 

CSIO hard cover  
BIN seems a bit high to me but maybe he's willing to negotiate (taking offers at least).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:42 am 

stratochamp wrote:Mark i have written before that you are a credit to our hobby and that is as true today as it was then. thank you for your efforts in turning up small press products and bringing them to a wider collecting audience.

+1

I bought several small press items from Mark and always at an attractive price (considering prices on ebay). I guess that Mark would have got much more money by selling on ebay most of small press items he found.

I am not sure it is very honest to inflate prices of common items. Recent items are absolutely not rare or semi-rare, actually even uncommon. Seeing that some recent boxed sets could worth more than their retail prices is something totally insane considering the number of released copies.
This kind of prices will stop as soon as most of people will have their copy since the number of released copies is sufficient to satisfy all collectors, their children, and the children of their children  :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:11 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:CSIO hard cover  
BIN seems a bit high to me but maybe he's willing to negotiate (taking offers at least).

The BIN is a little high, but not that far off of recent prices.

Offer him $50.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-lot-8-White-W ... 27b24b5ab6

Anyone looking for White Wolf mags?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:14 am 

Copy of Bards Gate with a $10 BIN:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:50 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:

Anyone looking for White Wolf mags?

Bah!  US-only. :(

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 111123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 109110111