Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 111123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:34 am 

TheHistorian wrote:
Sorry about that.  I didn't mention it until the price got past what I cared about.  :)

Actually, the price is over what I would pay for it so no prob :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 pm 

And it wast still a very good ending price!  Congrats to the buyer, if on here :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:50 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
have seen both of these a few times but are pretty hard to get hold of.

a vanquished foe was at GenCon a few years ago. i went to buy it but was beaten there by another Acaeum member.... might have been one of the Burntwire Bros...cant remember now!

Al

There was two in one year!  I Got one of them for around $250 IIRC

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 am 

grodog wrote:And it wast still a very good ending price!

Indeed.  Considering what we say More/Tales Of Terror go for a few months back, that seems like a bargain for Courting Madness.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:32 am 

For those who may have missed it, there's a pretty decent price on what appears to be an excellent condition copy of Tradervale over in the Classifieds. As a book, it's one of those that's cropped up in people's Top 5 non-tsr publications. It's a nice little generic village, meant as a base to kickstart compaigns from, with a goodly measure of trade and traffic to hang adventure hooks on. Kinda similar to Hommlet in size, with descriptions of the inhabitants and their businesses.

Given the rarity of the item (maybe 5 copies in the past 7 years on eBay with the same copy making 3 of those appearances), the $120 asking price is bang on the button IMO. I can only say that by selling US only, he's excluding some of the more enthusiastic collectors in Europe.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:28 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Given the rarity of the item (maybe 5 copies in the past 7 years on eBay with the same copy making 3 of those appearances), the $120 asking price is bang on the button IMO. I can only say that by selling US only, he's excluding some of the more enthusiastic collectors in Europe.

I think this one is a bid deceiving in rarity.  I use to think it was an ultra-rare years ago but don't think it is quite so rare now.  It has been a little while since I saw one of these on Ebay but I think a number of them are missed and go cheap.  I have had 4 extra copies of this pass through my hands alone in about the last 7 years.  I would generally ask $100 but end up charging about $80.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:05 am 

TheHistorian wrote:
Indeed.  Considering what we say More/Tales Of Terror go for a few months back, that seems like a bargain for Courting Madness.

I missed the end of the auction unfortunately. No way of knowing what the highest bid was of course but this I would have beaten  :(

I really have to get me some snipe software

PS And thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 pm 

xRalphx wrote:
I really have to get me some snipe software

I like bidnip.com - there may be a free alternative out there, but this has been reliable for me for a long time at a fair price.  If it looks interesting, let me know - I can get a referral bonus when you sign up if you reference me.  :)

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:12 pm 

Warlock's Tower:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Cairn of the Skeleton King:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-school-modu ... 25698fc426

Tower of Blood:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-school-modu ... 25698fc80a

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:13 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

<If this is an Acaeum member, I apologize for outing you here, but......>

I think this one belongs in both "interesting items" and "silliest" categories.

The seller has a lot of Thork's G series Lulu modules up for sale.

However, the seller only wants to charge $11.38 for "economy shipping."   8O

Wow - good thing I'm getting the economy deal!   :scratch:

In addition, I'm supposed to be wide eyed with joy that the seller says, I charge only 50 cents for handling .   :roll:  

Wow - it only costs 50 cents for you to put the modules into an evelope.  :scratch:

I am so grateful!  :?

(I guess Ebay is now also taking a cut of the shipping costs....which is apparently why it is no longer possible in their reporting system to report a seller for avoiding Ebay fees by overcharging for shipping.)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:14 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Cairn of the Skeleton King:

Tower of Blood:

Same seller, same incredibly great "economy" shipping.

But - don't miss the great 50 cent offer he's willing to give you for handling fees!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:29 pm 

The seller must also be a business since they are charging 7% NJ tax.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:51 pm 

SW Elfquest box at a reasonable price:

No way to ID first or second printing from the outside, as far as I recall.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:15 pm 

FormCritic wrote:<If this is an Acaeum member, I apologize for outing you here, but......>

I think this one belongs in both "interesting items" and "silliest" categories.

The seller has a lot of Thork's G series Lulu modules up for sale.

However, the seller only wants to charge $11.38 for "economy shipping."   8O

Wow - good thing I'm getting the economy deal!   :scratch:

In addition, I'm supposed to be wide eyed with joy that the seller says, I charge only 50 cents for handling .   :roll:  

Wow - it only costs 50 cents for you to put the modules into an evelope.  :scratch:

I am so grateful!  :?

(I guess Ebay is now also taking a cut of the shipping costs....which is apparently why it is no longer possible in their reporting system to report a seller for avoiding Ebay fees by overcharging for shipping.)

Best guess is calculated shipping for Parcel Post (I didn't see the auction pricing before it ended). I see approx. $6 for being close on the East Coast, while you're out on the other ocean. Looks like he planned on roughly a 4lb. package, which is quite overkill.

I actually charge $1.19 'handling', as that's what the envelopes cost me at the PO, but I add that in the shipping, which I still lose on anyway.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:37 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Best guess is calculated shipping for Parcel Post (I didn't see the auction pricing before it ended). I see approx. $6 for being close on the East Coast, while you're out on the other ocean. Looks like he planned on roughly a 4lb. package, which is quite overkill.

I actually charge $1.19 'handling', as that's what the envelopes cost me at the PO, but I add that in the shipping, which I still lose on anyway.

You list it as part of shipping, so I have no problem with that.

Why not put the modules into a priority shipping envelope with some cardboard?  That would still cost less than the "economy" shipping price.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:03 am 

A calthonwey still below 10 bucks and less than 6 hours to go:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 am 

A nice copy of DGutS by Guidon:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 am 

I am not into cthulhu but i remember that this is somehow sought after:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 111123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 109110111