Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 111123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109110111
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:15 pm 

I saw a Castle Zagyg sell for about $320 on ebay.

The BIN was sitting there for the 10 months...but, it eventually sold.

Doesn't the question lean towards eventual timing?

How long will it take for that one person rare person who does not care about the price to find that auction?  Is it worth vesting for a year, or more for that to occur?

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:58 pm 

Given the numbers, and the virtual impossibility that the owner(s) of th IP have a clue what to do with it, I'd say $320 is a fair price for disputably EGG's final masterpiece.

It's also been over 2 years since the product was published, and in that time, not even a hint of an illegal PDF on the internet. That goes to show the value buyers are putting on their ownership of their sets.

Other than the inevitable fluctuations in people's disposable incomes, I do not see anything short of Trigee republishing this that would depreciate it's value. If she doesn't republish, the product will continue to rise in value, and may one day compete with the big money rares.

Note

Bill - Maybe a reprint/expansion of Castle Zagyg based on the notes Trigee have would be a welcome addition to FGG's already impressive lineup.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:16 pm 

Scathaigh wrote:I saw a Castle Zagyg sell for about $320 on ebay.

The BIN was sitting there for the 10 months...but, it eventually sold.

Doesn't the question lean towards eventual timing?
How long will it take for that one person rare person who does not care about the price to find that auction?  Is it worth vesting for a year, or more for that to occur?

It was .50c a month to list the Upper Works sets at the $300 or the $300+ bin, $6 a year, but I think the longest it took me to sell any given set was under 6 months.

For a $3 investment I found that an Upper Works boxed set will sell for twice the amount one will go for at auction on ebay.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:

It was .50c a month to list the Upper Works sets at the $300 or the $300+ bin, $6 a year, but I think the longest it took me to sell any given set was under 6 months.

For a $3 investment I found that an Upper Works boxed set will sell for twice the amount one will go for at auction on ebay.

I've got one that had the box destroyed in shipment (it's pretty knackered) but the contents are minty and complete.  I wonder if it's worth listing to see if I get any bites for that amount.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:57 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:
I've got one that had the box destroyed in shipment (it's pretty knackered) but the contents are minty and complete.  I wonder if it's worth listing to see if I get any bites for that amount.

Just make sure you sell with a bin and not a low start auction. Sadly, a lot of buyers just want the content and have to pay collectors prices, but I don't see how this particular set is going to be available as a legal pdf unless something happens with trigee.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:12 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Never heard of these for Traveller - starting price is low

Seller actually has a bunch of oddball (at least I've never seen some of these but I'm not a TRAVELLER expert) itesm for low starting bids

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:13 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

D1 Tomb of Abysthor in this lot. Pretty much what should determine the price. .99c min bid

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:04 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:I saw that on DF as well. Ghul really offered a once in a lifetime bargain with those. [snip]

And as far as ambitious prices, well, you don't ask, you don't get. And, while you can always lower a high asking price, you can't raise a lowball price when it is sold, like poor Ghul, who did move 27 UW boxed sets in one go, but basiclly gave away unique items which might have sold for more at auction just on their own.

Jeff walked into his sales eyes-wide open:  he and I spoke about different ways to sell the CZ sets awhile ago, including various ways to maximize the $$$ he could get.  He definitely spoke to other folks too, to get additional input.  In the end, he decided to sell the CZs as he did---I'm sure he was pleased with the sales, as well as the quick turnarounds on the payments.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:56 am 

grodog wrote:
Jeff walked into his sales eyes-wide open:  he and I spoke about different ways to sell the CZ sets awhile ago, including various ways to maximize the $$$ he could get.  He definitely spoke to other folks too, to get additional input.  In the end, he decided to sell the CZs as he did---I'm sure he was pleased with the sales, as well as the quick turnarounds on the payments.

Sorry Allan, just my opinion, but I feel that Jeff got boned in that sale.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:44 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Just make sure you sell with a bin and not a low start auction. Sadly, a lot of buyers just want the content and have to pay collectors prices, but I don't see how this particular set is going to be available as a legal pdf unless something happens with trigee.

I don't see anything happening with the Gygax publishing legacy within a reasonable time period.

Even when Gygax was alive, the Castle Zagyg project started out with an unrealistic plan and then wandered tragically (in my opinion) into multiple modules fleshing out the city of Yggsburgh and giving details about the surrounding countryside.  Details about everything, in fact, except what the project should have focused on...Castle Zagyg and the dungeons below.

If Trigee was going to publish, it would have seemed logical to me to get right on it.  I don't know what the dispute with Troll Lord Games was, but running off to Mongoose does not seem to have been a better decision.

Possibly, they'll dazzle us yet with a terrific legacy project.  I'm doubting it will happen.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:48 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Sorry Allan, just my opinion, but I feel that Jeff got boned in that sale.

No worries, Jason, and I wasn't trying to flog you for your thoughts, just wanted to give some background to Jeff's sale process.  I'm sorry if I came across as harsh at all---that wasn't my intent.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:51 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Even when Gygax was alive, the Castle Zagyg project started out with an unrealistic plan and then wandered tragically (in my opinion) into multiple modules fleshing out the city of Yggsburgh and giving details about the surrounding countryside.  Details about everything, in fact, except what the project should have focused on...Castle Zagyg and the dungeons below.

I happen to concur, but that's probably not much of a surprise :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:00 pm 

U.K. Tunnels & Trolls lot:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:52 pm 

RPG Price Guide:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/270847972824

Hadn't heard of this before.  Anyone have it?  Obviously, the prices are of little use (this is from the late 1990s), but I wonder if there is any useful information as far as editions/variations/printings?

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:31 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:RPG Price Guide:

Hadn't heard of this before.  Anyone have it?  Obviously, the prices are of little use (this is from the late 1990s), but I wonder if there is any useful information as far as editions/variations/printings?

I've got one.  Picked it up a few years ago for a couple of bucks at a local Half Price Books.  First printing (I assume there was only one) was from 1998.  The prices are completely ridiculous.  I keep it around just for laughs.  Here are a few prices from the book:

Bloodstone Pass - $5

R4 Doc's Island - $1.50

R3 Egg of the Phoenix - $3.50

RPGA3 The Forgotten King - $2

RPGA4 The Elixir of Life - $2.50

Complete Barbarian Handbook - $18 (Actually most of the "Complete" handbooks are $15 or more)

Tale of the Comet - $29.95

Pharaoh (Daystar West) - $3.50

It is barely usable for information gathering.  Much less so than Heroic Worlds.  For instance, some Judges Guild stuff is listed under "AD&D, Other Publishers" and is mixed in with items from other companies.  And all the City-State supplements are listed under their own category.  Tegel Manor was all the way in the back of the book instead of with the majority of the JG items.  Stuff is very hard to find.  :scratch:

TORG resellers would have done well back then.  Every price is in double-digits.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:17 pm 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Call-Cthulhu-BE ... 4cfb997ae1

$161.99 bin - I can't remember what the last one of these (with the supplement material) went for.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:42 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:

$161.99 bin - I can't remember what the last one of these (with the supplement material) went for.

That's actually not too bad.  I'd figure that group to go for about $140 in an open auction, so an eager buyer might jump on it.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:52 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:

The last one I saw on its own (without the supplement materials) went for $135. http://wiki.acaeum.com/at/list_auction_ ... oduct_id=8

A very good bin actually.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 111123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109110111