Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 100 of 111123 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:42 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

FEZ 1 with no folder with wear and markings - $9.99 min bid

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:53 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
One of the many reasons why the seller is responsible for the condition of an item during shipping is that the buyer has no way of knowing whether the damage occured during shipping or the seller simply sent a damaged item to start with.

There is also no reason why media mail should be less safe to use as a shipping method than any other. Ship in a box and you can safely pad an media item and it will arrive safely.

What many ebay sellers do is pad their shipping prices rather than the items they are sending.

The one reason I don't mail more items media mail (except for sets of books or large amounts of items) is simply because it takes longer to arrive. Longer in the hands of the USPS, IMO, is more opportunity for damage to occur or the item to be lost. Another advantage to sending priority mail is the flat rate charges (makes it easy to figure our your shipping and print it out at home), and the free supplies. But as Jason said, media mail is perfectly adequate for most items and as long as it's well-packaged it shouldn't be a problem.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:20 am 

I have received most of my collection by media mail and have had no problem.  Usually the seller places a 8 x 11 piece of cardboard in the package and stamps it DO NOT BEND and everything is good.  Can only remember one incidence of damage (corner bump) from media mail.

I prefer Mike's method though, as it takes less time to get to me and eliminates almost any chance of damage.

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:01 pm 

Badmike wrote:Another advantage to sending priority mail is the flat rate charges (makes it easy to figure our your shipping and print it out at home), and the free supplies.
Mike B.

Although you cannot print Media Mail postage directly from the USPS site, you can use the PayPal shipping wizard to print Media Mail postage.  The only extra charge when using the Paypal service is due to the fact that Delivery Confirmation is automagically added for $0.19. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

This seller has a number of the old AD&D boxed miniature sets

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:17 pm 

Mostly Avalon Hill, but still the biggest Runequest lot I've seen in a long time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160672691052

Hmm, that's interesting... why don't we see more RQ collections being sold off?

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:24 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Hmm, that's interesting... why don't we see more RQ collections being sold off?

I already sold off most of my Runequest 2nd Ed a few months ago.
They went quickly, enough.

Is there a strong following the AV Runequest editions?
I still have to sell my copies of those.

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:53 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Mostly Avalon Hill, but still the biggest Runequest lot I've seen in a long time:

Hmm, that's interesting... why don't we see more RQ collections being sold off?

I suspect:

1)  A lot less Runquest to sell in the first place.

2) The average Runquest gamer is somewhat less likely to sell off his collection.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:33 am 

Necromacer module Vault of Larin Karr hidden behind the crap books

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:14 am 

FormCritic wrote:
1)  A lot less Runquest to sell in the first place.

Well, sure, there is less available than (A)D&D, but I thought back in the day it was one of the better sellers, which should translate to more coming up for sale now.  Other games in the strong-seller-but-not-D&D tier, say Traveller, show up regularly.  Maybe RQ was further down the popularity list than I thought.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 am 

I'm always astonished that anyone bought and played any of these other roleplaying games.

I was/am such a D&D partisan that I forget others wanted something different.

Then again...I guess I did spend a long while playing Shadowrun and Warhammer 40,000

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:16 am 

Seller has a number of CoC items starting at .99c min bid

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:36 am 

CoC Delta Green Eyes Only .99c min bid but hefty $10 shipping

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alarums-Excursi ... 43aac1a59c

WOW!

Really Jason?

Seems VERY ambitious to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Zagyg-Up ... 43aac19e51

So is this one.

About a month ago; I saw around 27 unused NM Box sets of CZ-Upper Works that each came with either ORIGINAL hand drawn Maps or other hard to find C&C Items being sold by the OTHER author on another site (Not on E-Bay) selling for far less.

What gives?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:03 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

WOW!
Really Jason?

So is this one.
About a month ago; I saw around 27 unused NM Box sets of CZ-Upper Works that each came with either ORIGINAL hand drawn Maps or other hard to find C&C Items being sold by the OTHER author on another site (Not on E-Bay) selling for far less.

What gives?

Jason is probably just testing the waters, I do it all the time, especially when no sellers have the same item up on ebay.  I believe I've sold a SW copy for $300 before, so it's not out of the question.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:56 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

WOW!
Really Jason?

So is this one.

What gives?

I saw that on DF as well. Ghul really offered a once in a lifetime bargain with those.

As far as the A&Es the only early issues I saw pass hands before were a collection sold privaetely here on the Acaeum several years ago. I have never seen a #4 or #5 etc... offered up for sale before anywhere. They are perhaps the most well known fanzine and with a small 100 copy release over 35 years ago. How many of that 100 very fragile copies still exist I don't lnow. Maybe my prices will bring out more early A&E issues at competitive prices.

And as far as ambitious prices, well, you don't ask, you don't get. And, while you can always lower a high asking price, you can't raise a lowball price when it is sold, like poor Ghul, who did move 27 UW boxed sets in one go, but basiclly gave away unique items which might have sold for more at auction just on their own.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:35 pm 

Okie Dokie; Just asking.

I sold around 15 issues (earilest was #11; IIRC) of A&E for around $20-$35 each a few months ago.

They were all BINs and all sold to the same buyer within a very short time of my posting them.

I admit to not having seen an Issue #5 though.

As for other Castle Zagyg Box Sets.

One sold (one split corner on box, otherwise EXC) for $161.05 (20 bids) in an auction on e-Bay in Sept.

I was thinking of bidding on it myself.

Like you said, you can lower the prices later if they do not move.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:51 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I was thinking of bidding on it myself.

If you were thinking of bidding on it then the price was definitely too low :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 100 of 111123 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 109110111