Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:16 am 

Hey everyone,

Seller has some great items up for grabs (JG, Role Aids, etc)

eBay listings

International shipping too. :)

Best regards,

Ronald

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 am 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

Seller has some great items up for grabs (JG, Role Aids, etc)

eBay listings

International shipping too. :)

Best regards,
Ronald

Wonder what the BINs were before they were bid on.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:26 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Wonder what the BINs were before they were bid on.

Hey Jason,

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember that some of the items didn't have a BIN, just an opening bid.

The ones that I am pretty sure didn't have BIN's were:
Nanorien Stones
Beastmaker Mountain
Gen Con IX Dungeons
Inferno
First Fantasy Campaign
and
Wraith Overlord.

Best regards,
Ronald

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 am 

Some pretty impressive prices on small press stuff lately.

I bid $62 on this "Search for the Lost City" bit didn't win:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Was going to bid on this 1st print Melanda, but decided if I wanted to fork out the bucks I'd go for one with the dice (has anyone seen one with dice?). It went for $112

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330613125077 ... 136wt_1135

Was tempted to bid on this also. Casciano's 1977 'Book of the Dragons'

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Was going to bid on this 1st print Melanda, but decided if I wanted to fork out the bucks I'd go for one with the dice (has anyone seen one with dice?). It went for $112

I don't think Melanda ever came with dice.  Character generation doesn't even use them.  I think this is the 3rd copy of this one I have ever seen and none have had "dice".  None of the 2nd prints (which show up a few every year) have had dice either.  You might be thinking of Witch Hunt or something like that.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:50 pm 

Ending prices are really surprisingly high.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:59 pm 

Casciano I expected to go that high. That copy of Milanda is pretty rare, but I wouldn't have expected people to be willing to pay that much for it. Maybe $30-40 too expensive IMO.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:27 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Casciano I expected to go that high. That copy of Milanda is pretty rare, but I wouldn't have expected people to be willing to pay that much for it. Maybe $30-40 too expensive IMO.

Agreed, probably $30-40 high but it is the nicest of the 3 I have seen and is rare and I've been looking for a copy for 8+ years now.  The list of items I need is also getting shorter so I have been a bit more aggressive when they do show up.  I think all I need for Melanda is a 1st print Lake of Parity then it will be complete.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:30 pm 

Well, congradulations then. :D
What are the other things on that 'Want List'?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:40 pm 

Mars wrote:
Agreed, probably $30-40 high but it is the nicest of the 3 I have seen and is rare and I've been looking for a copy for 8+ years now.  The list of items I need is also getting shorter so I have been a bit more aggressive when they do show up.  I think all I need for Melanda is a 1st print Lake of Parity then it will be complete.
i noticed that he called it copy #90, and i was skeptical, so i looked at mine, and sure enough there was a little #80 in the upper left hand corner looking exactly the same. and iirc i got my copy directly from John Corradin about 18 years ago(and before anybody floods him with requests, this was a beautiful last copy that they had set aside, but we were old strat-o-matic baseball buddies, and they knew of my collection, so they helped me out). i'm assuming that the reason hermit from pluto is referencing dice is because the bible, aka heroic worlds, references dice. but the copy they gave me did not have any, nor did any of the other copies of the second edition that they had around....

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:46 pm 

rhynne wrote:
Hey Jason,

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember that some of the items didn't have a BIN, just an opening bid.

The ones that I am pretty sure didn't have BIN's were:
Nanorien Stones
Beastmaker Mountain
Gen Con IX Dungeons
Inferno
First Fantasy Campaign
and
Wraith Overlord.

Best regards,
Ronald

I was checking the completed auctions for this seller and there were some low priced BINs showing. Wondered if someone had tried to low ball these items with hopeful bids.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:53 pm 

Mars wrote:
I don't think Melanda ever came with dice.  Character generation doesn't even use them.  I think this is the 3rd copy of this one I have ever seen and none have had "dice".  None of the 2nd prints (which show up a few every year) have had dice either.  You might be thinking of Witch Hunt or something like that.

Mars is right, I have owned about a half dozen copies over the last 20 years, none have had dice.

Mike B.

EDIT:  I apologize, this was a 1st print, I have owned exactly one and it was given to me by the author(s) for helping to auction off some of their stuff on the old RPG marketplace on Usenet.  It didn't have dice, either.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:02 pm 

I have had two copies of the 1st print pass through my hands, neither came with dice. Never had a 2nd printing though. Never really felt like one.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:16 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Mars is right, I have owned about a half dozen copies over the last 20 years, none have had dice.

Mike B.

EDIT:  I apologize, this was a 1st print, I have owned exactly one and it was given to me by the author(s) for helping to auction off some of their stuff on the old RPG marketplace on Usenet.  It didn't have dice, either.
while their products are not highly thought of (in fact was it you badmike who said not to put all their products together because it would create a huge vortex of suck ? or words to that effect), they were intelligent and fun guys to game with. every year they put on huge larps with their extended gaming group. they run thoughtful, imaginative frp games that emphasize actual roleplaying over power mechanics. it's just too bad their products aren't better (i couldn't personally say, i've never taken any of their modules out of the shrink).

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:35 pm 

stratochamp wrote:while their products are not highly thought of (in fact was it you badmike who said not to put all their products together because it would create a huge vortex of suck ? or words to that effect), they were intelligent and fun guys to game with. every year they put on huge larps with their extended gaming group. they run thoughtful, imaginative frp games that emphasize actual roleplaying over power mechanics. it's just too bad their products aren't better (i couldn't personally say, i've never taken any of their modules out of the shrink).

It might have been me that said that. Their stuff is pretty bad (and the "artwork" is worse). They still hold the yearly LARPathon in a local hotel (I think it might actually be over the MD border), called "Relaxicon". I only attended once--not my scene. They are nice guys, though.

The only game I've ever actually played with John C. was Magic: the Gathering, believe it or not, and only once. It was a booster draft, and we ended up being the last two players left, and then he whooped my ass :).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:56 pm 

Full set of Phineous Phigures WITH packaging! I dig the drawing of Fin on the side of the box with his hand out asking for "Ten Bucks!"

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:58 pm 

stratochamp wrote:while their products are not highly thought of (in fact was it you badmike who said not to put all their products together because it would create a huge vortex of suck ? or words to that effect), they were intelligent and fun guys to game with. every year they put on huge larps with their extended gaming group. they run thoughtful, imaginative frp games that emphasize actual roleplaying over power mechanics. it's just too bad their products aren't better (i couldn't personally say, i've never taken any of their modules out of the shrink).

While their products are pretty bad (the value to usefulness ration may be more out of whack with these than any other 3rd party release during the time period), my dealings with the gentlemen themselves have always been good.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:44 am 

stratochamp wrote: i'm assuming that the reason hermit from pluto is referencing dice is because the bible, aka heroic worlds, references dice. but the copy they gave me did not have any, nor did any of the other copies of the second edition that they had around....

Yes. Spot on. I was going on Heroic Worlds and must be wrong. I did think it strange that such a supplement would have dice.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111