Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 111123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:14 pm 

stratochamp wrote:by the way, i have two other entertainment concepts items:
Long Live the King
Adventures of Kaldarius the Mage
i'll check when later, but i think my world of silverdawn does not have the map on the cover, we'll see.

Ooh. Never heard of those. More details, please.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:08 pm 

my world of silverdawn is just like King's copy.

The Adventures of Kaldarius the Mage 24pp Subtitled: First Annual Silverdawn Anniversary Adventure

Long Live the King 16pp copyright 1983.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:32 pm 

I haven't heard of "The Adventures of Kaldarius the Mage" - will add it to my want list.

I am looking for:

Wizard's Island
Rivals: The City of North Landing - have never seen this one
and now The Adventures of Kaldarius the Mage and alternate print of World of Silverdawn

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 pm 

I don't believe Rivals was printed (although it is listed on one of their fliers, but as we all know, many products that have been listed through the years were never actually produced). do you have any knowledge/evidence to the contrary Mark?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm 

I don't have any evidence to suggest if it was printed or not.  It is listed on the back of Peddler's Ferry as "RIVALS: The City of North Landing" and on the back of World of Silverdawn as "The City of North Landing", also on loose order form sheet for Search for the Lost City, Society of Sorcery, and Plateau Capital of Evil as "Rivals!".

It seems to be promoted enough to me that it was probably produced.  Printing up copies as they went was also a philosophy of the company so it may exist under all 3 titles if it was in development.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:46 am 

Eric Nelson Shook has a bunch of Pied Piper stuff (including Bottle City and The Living Room) up on Ebay right now:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:09 am 

Badmike wrote:Eric Nelson Shook has a bunch of Pied Piper stuff (including Bottle City and The Living Room) up on Ebay right now:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Mike B.

Bid with confidence! (but don't choose Media Mail, evidently):

enshook wrote:
The Living Room, by Robert Kuntz (Out of Print) published by Pied Piper Publishing SIGNED: 113/300.

If you choose media mail, I am not responsible for the condition of the item upon delivery.

I guess he doesn't bother packing securely if you choose the cheaper shipping method  :roll: .

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:17 am 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
I guess he doesn't bother packing securely if you choose the cheaper shipping method  :roll: .

He's a newbie. He doesn't know the buyer gets his money back if the item arrives damaged. He'll learn the hard way.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:21 am 

Probably. Too bad.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:He's a newbie. He doesn't know the buyer gets his money back if the item arrives damaged. He'll learn the hard way.

*shakes head*

Yup.  Some sellers don't figure it out right away.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:26 am 

A Metro Detroit Gamers tournament module:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

...this is the first time i see a copy on ebay! Ref to the BIN, the price is highly subjective... my guess is that this item will find a new home soon...

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:21 am 

Seller has some MERP modules in Shrink including Dunland and Mount Gundabad. Seller also has a Gazetteer Five Shires in Shrink

Umbar in Shrink (although the shrinl is damaged)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:22 pm 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantasy-Board-G ... 415d634d39

Boardgame lot:

Perry Mason
First Quest
Wizard's Quest
Dragon Pass

Under $20 at the moment.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:26 pm 

FormCritic wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Boardgame lot:

Perry Mason
First Quest
Wizard's Quest
Dragon Pass

Under $20 at the moment.

TSR made a Perry Mason boardgame?  Talk about not focusing on your core audience.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:36 pm 

Exactly.  They did everything except what they should have...freakin' AD&D.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Exactly. They did everything except what they should have...freakin' AD&D.

Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Hasbro didn't get as big as it is solely through Monopoly. Nor did it get there by releasing expansion sets for a single product. It diversified.

It's an attempt to use a recognizable commodity to sell product. I might question the choices they used, but an up-and-coming company can't expect to succeed by a one-product-billcard. It would be like a seed company selling only radish seeds.

The flip side of this is that D&D was a good seller as it turned out. Would TSR have stayed a hobbyist mindset if all they did was D&D? No Boot Hill or Gamma World. No towels or LJN toys. No entertainment division.

Would that have been enough to keep Gary and Co. going past 1985? 1984? 1983?

The mental exercises this brings up!  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:10 pm 

Hasbro is a completely different sort of company with an entirely different clientele. They probably don't even know what their employees at WOTC are doing.  They are a very bad paradigm for evaluating what happened to TSR.

TSR killed themselves with all of the side projects.  They ruined their company by scattering their efforts into questionable or even downright silly side projects that cost them customers and wasted their cash reserves.  

They even screwed up Dungeons and Dragons, splitting their game into two games, then three games and fiddling with new editions and new ways to dissipate their efforts.

It was the colossal and damn near unexplainable failure to understand their core market that killed TSR.

WOTC is doing the same thing to themselves right now.  They struck it rich in the card game phenomenon, then struck it rich a second time, but their decisions since have been mystifying in the extreme.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:00 pm 

FormCritic wrote:WOTC is doing the same thing to themselves right now.  They struck it rich in the card game phenomenon, then struck it rich a second time, but their decisions since have been mystifying in the extreme.

Sorry Mark, I appreciate the comments just not 100% understanding, second time rich being D&D?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 111123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 109110111