Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 111123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:40 am 

Zenopus wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Magazine from 1975 - most of the issue is Warlock, an D&D variant developed at Caltech, predecessor of Complete Warlock from Balboa Games.

Didn't one of these sale not too long ago?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:46 am 

Yes, I think Bracton reported he bought it? I didn't follow that auction.

Edit - Here's his post:
viewtopic.php?p=185571#185571

He got it for ~$12-13 including shipping - a great price.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 am 

Seller has a rare Silverdawn adventure:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Search-Lost-Cit ... 1e66e6096b

A few other nice items there but prices are a bit on the high end IMO.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:19 am 

Hey everyone,

Seller has some Lovecraft Fanzines for those interested in CoC .

eBay listings

Best regards,

Ronald

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:49 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Seller has a rare Silverdawn adventure:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

A few other nice items there but prices are a bit on the high end IMO.

So why is this rare module in demand?

Is Silverdawn a campaign setting?

Just curious...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:54 pm 

Very loosely, World of Silverdawn was a fantasy campaign setting. As I understand it, it has no specific tie to early D&D in any way, but there was a World of Silverdawn folio with map, and then a dozen or so additional elaborations of areas of the Silverdawn world.

Maybe one of the collectors who has some on these can be more specific. I'd be interested to find out if anyone has ever managed to collect the set.

Either way, the lack of any real substance to the products, and there not being any tie in to D&D, has kept them out of my collection over the years. They do fetch a pretty penny for those who do collect them though, on account of the low numbers printed (probably down in the low hundreds, if not less, for each title).

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:06 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Very loosely, World of Silverdawn was a fantasy campaign setting. As I understand it, it has no specific tie to early D&D in any way, but there was a World of Silverdawn folio with map, and then a dozen or so additional elaborations of areas of the Silverdawn world.

Maybe one of the collectors who has some on these can be more specific. I'd be interested to find out if anyone has ever managed to collect the set.

Either way, the lack of any real substance to the products, and there not being any tie in to D&D, has kept them out of my collection over the years. They do fetch a pretty penny for those who do collect them though, on account of the low numbers printed (probably down in the low hundreds, if not less, for each title).

Wasn't it mostly a PBM game?

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:07 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
Wasn't it mostly a PBM game?

I have most of the Silverdawn books and none of them are PBM.  I do believe that Silverdawn started out as a PBM but I only assume that because of what is listed on Tome of Treasures.

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=109

The PBM was released in '81.  Everything else was released after it.

As Ian stated, there isnt much substance to Silverdawn.  But they are quite rare.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:20 pm 

Yep, they are short books but the campaign setting was publicized in Dragon Magazine for years and the same company also did the official Dungeons & Dragons PBM so there is some affiliation with TSR.  I am still missing a couple of the books.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:51 pm 

Like Mars says, they're a bit short and not too engaging... I like the lay-out & cover appearance and the setting is consistent from scenerio to scenerio... over-all, if you like obscure, they're just the ticket :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:59 pm 

I am a bit curious about something though.  The majority of the copies of The World of Silverdawn I have seen are of the sort that Tome of Treasures shows and the one davidc has pictured.  The one I have is quite different.  The cover is glossy white with the gold lettering just like all the other books, but the cover doesnt show a portion of the map.  The title is more in the middle of the cover.  Publishing date is the same.  The interior intro page of mine is different than the one on ToT as well.

Ah hell, I'll just post some pics.

Front cover:

First page:

Inside back cover w/ ordering info:

Map:

Does anyone else have a copy that looks like mine?  And does anyone know if it's an earlier or later printing?

Sorry, but the second and third pics are sideways even though my camera didnt take them that way and I rotated them on Photobucket.  Dont have time to mess with it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:08 pm 

My copy of The World of Silverdawn has the map on the front cover, and the first page looks the same as yours, John.  But the inside back cover of mine is blank; no ordering information.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:28 pm 

Would seem to imply that the map cover is first then.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Would seem to imply that the map cover is first then.

I'd normally think that as well, but the copy Mars posted on ToT shows the same cover as the one Bracton has.  And the back shows a list of products that include The Village of Peddler's Ferry which didnt release until '83.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 am 

Nyarna?

That sounds nothing like Narnia.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:12 am 

CZ:UW at $0.99 opening bid:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:25 am 

Decent BIN for a 2nd ed MERP hardback:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:55 pm 

by the way, i have two other entertainment concepts items:
Long Live the King
Adventures of Kaldarius the Mage
i'll check when later, but i think my world of silverdawn does not have the map on the cover, we'll see.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 111123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 109110111