Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 111123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:33 am 

Nice item for the DCC completist at a good price:

DCC C9 Tomb of the Blind God

White Cover Variant with Dundracon Logo

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Enjoy. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:55 am 

after a quick search I see at least 6 different ed's.. thats just overkill..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:50 pm 

Not sure if anyone here is enough of a Traveller collector to care about this:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Or any of the other manuscripts being offered by the seller.  I guess these could be considered to be Traveller "pre-pubs".  No COA's but I dont know how easy these would be to fake.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:54 pm 

I pinged the seller re: the rights situation, and he's retaining IP rights to the mss. content for now.  They sound pretty cool, but other than knowing that they're by the J. Andrew Keith (and that Tadashi had a really high opinion of his work), I don't know much about the Traveller scene (beyond what I picked up here, of course :D ).

His reply:  

heracleides on eBay PM wrote:Dear grodog_of_greyhawk,

I bought the manuscripts and copyright from Andrew and published them as Cargonaut Press in the late 1990's. Was also negotiating for the purchase on an unpublished RPG system written by both Keith brothers set in Poul Anderson's Terran Empire of the Dominic Flandry novels. Sadly, Andrew passed away before he could send me the manuscript for examination and Bill Keith was understandably too upset to pursue the effort and not overly interested in having it published in any event. Andrew was a great guy and very talented; the handwritten "Scam" manuscript I am selling was written over a period of three days and has virtually no corrections or revisions. He just set down and wrote. Truly amazing. Anyway, at the time of his death, I put up a memorial web page for Andrew; while I no longer maintain it, you can still view it here if you're interested: http://www.freelancetraveller.com/jakeith/jakeith.html

- heracleides

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 am 

Jorune prepublication spiral-bound edition of books from 1985 boxed set!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SkyRealms-Jorune-In ... 336a4221ff

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 pm 

TFM has a Tombs of Valla up with no reserve or ridiculous BIN.  I guess a missing dungeon map will do that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Scott-Clegg-To ... 45fc572df1

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:TFM has a Tombs of Valla up with no reserve or ridiculous BIN.  I guess a missing dungeon map will do that.

He has a copy of the Nimolee book up too (at not so terrible a price):

Its a beast of a book but one of my favourites.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 pm 

I have a copy of Nimolee and really enjoy it.  Recommend it.  

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:06 pm 

CDM3 Watchers of the Sacred Flame

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:19 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:TFM has a Tombs of Valla up with no reserve or ridiculous BIN.  I guess a missing dungeon map will do that.

Five double folded map sheets are missing from this product, all supplied loose. If the winner is an Acaeum member and wants to contact me, I can let you have a copy of mine to help with play and reading the adventure.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:Jorune prepublication spiral-bound edition of books from 1985 boxed set!

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I might go around $50 for an excellent+ copy of the 1985 Jorune box set, with the box in great shape.  Not doing $100...for some reason I have an antipathy towards spiral bound items :)

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:23 pm 

Treasure Chest from Bearhug Productions (1979). Don't know about it.

US only.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:18 pm 

grodog wrote:I pinged the seller re: the rights situation, and he's retaining IP rights to the mss. content for now.  They sound pretty cool, but other than knowing that they're by the J. Andrew Keith (and that Tadashi had a really high opinion of his work), I don't know much about the Traveller scene (beyond what I picked up here, of course :D ).

His reply:  
heracleides on eBay PM wrote:Dear grodog_of_greyhawk,

I bought the manuscripts and copyright from Andrew and published them as Cargonaut Press in the late 1990's. Was also negotiating for the purchase on an unpublished RPG system written by both Keith brothers set in Poul Anderson's Terran Empire of the Dominic Flandry novels. Sadly, Andrew passed away before he could send me the manuscript for examination and Bill Keith was understandably too upset to pursue the effort and not overly interested in having it published in any event. Andrew was a great guy and very talented; the handwritten "Scam" manuscript I am selling was written over a period of three days and has virtually no corrections or revisions. He just set down and wrote. Truly amazing. Anyway, at the time of his death, I put up a memorial web page for Andrew; while I no longer maintain it, you can still view it here if you're interested: http://www.freelancetraveller.com/jakeith/jakeith.html

- heracleides

Thanks for the copy.
Nice to see a rapid, comprehensive response this time as opposed to the deadly silence (and listings going private) when they were selling those masses of forged 'zines. Maybe they know a bit too much 'bout where /those/ came from? :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:49 pm 

Scathaigh wrote:
I might go around $50 for an excellent+ copy of the 1985 Jorune box set, with the box in great shape.  Not doing $100...for some reason I have an antipathy towards spiral bound items :)

I wouldn't go that high for a set, in any condition (plus I have like 3). Spiral bound items are difficult to store, for sure (can't stack 'em, can't shelve 'em), but they do have the Teves signatures, however recent (last week, LOL). I'm not particularly interested in these, myself, though it's more that I'm on a book-buying kick at the moment and don't feel like spending the cash.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:08 pm 

Master board from Avar ending soon

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:40 pm 

And, would you be willing to sell or trade one of those Jorune box sets for less than $50?

~Scathaigh~

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
I wouldn't go that high for a set, in any condition (plus I have like 3). Spiral bound items are difficult to store, for sure (can't stack 'em, can't shelve 'em), but they do have the Teves signatures, however recent (last week, LOL). I'm not particularly interested in these, myself, though it's more that I'm on a book-buying kick at the moment and don't feel like spending the cash.

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:03 pm 

Scathaigh wrote:And, would you be willing to sell or trade one of those Jorune box sets for less than $50?

~Scathaigh~

PM sent :).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 am 

Nice Harn lot:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 111123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 109110111