Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 79 of 100123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 9899100
Author


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 870
Joined: Apr 16, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 25, 2021
Location: Mobile, Alabama

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:33 am 
 

Nice item for the DCC completist at a good price:



DCC C9 Tomb of the Blind God

White Cover Variant with Dundracon Logo

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





Enjoy. :)


Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2459
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 06, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:55 am 
 

after a quick search I see at least 6 different ed's.. thats just overkill..

Brette:)


Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:50 pm 
 

Not sure if anyone here is enough of a Traveller collector to care about this:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





Or any of the other manuscripts being offered by the seller.  I guess these could be considered to be Traveller "pre-pubs".  No COA's but I dont know how easy these would be to fake.


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5660
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 25, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:54 pm 
 

I pinged the seller re: the rights situation, and he's retaining IP rights to the mss. content for now.  They sound pretty cool, but other than knowing that they're by the J. Andrew Keith (and that Tadashi had a really high opinion of his work), I don't know much about the Traveller scene (beyond what I picked up here, of course :D ).

His reply:  

heracleides on eBay PM wrote:Dear grodog_of_greyhawk,

I bought the manuscripts and copyright from Andrew and published them as Cargonaut Press in the late 1990's. Was also negotiating for the purchase on an unpublished RPG system written by both Keith brothers set in Poul Anderson's Terran Empire of the Dominic Flandry novels. Sadly, Andrew passed away before he could send me the manuscript for examination and Bill Keith was understandably too upset to pursue the effort and not overly interested in having it published in any event. Andrew was a great guy and very talented; the handwritten "Scam" manuscript I am selling was written over a period of three days and has virtually no corrections or revisions. He just set down and wrote. Truly amazing. Anyway, at the time of his death, I put up a memorial web page for Andrew; while I no longer maintain it, you can still view it here if you're interested: http://www.freelancetraveller.com/jakeith/jakeith.html

- heracleides


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 am 
 

Jorune prepublication spiral-bound edition of books from 1985 boxed set!



http://cgi.ebay.com/SkyRealms-Jorune-In ... 336a4221ff


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 pm 
 

TFM has a Tombs of Valla up with no reserve or ridiculous BIN.  I guess a missing dungeon map will do that.



http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Scott-Clegg-To ... 45fc572df1


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6095
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 24, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:TFM has a Tombs of Valla up with no reserve or ridiculous BIN.  I guess a missing dungeon map will do that.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





He has a copy of the Nimolee book up too (at not so terrible a price):

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





Its a beast of a book but one of my favourites.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1787
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 04, 2020
Location: Indianapolis

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 pm 
 

I have a copy of Nimolee and really enjoy it.  Recommend it.  

Martin

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 340
Joined: Mar 23, 2010
Last Visit: Feb 18, 2016
Location: France

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:06 pm 
 

CDM3 Watchers of the Sacred Flame

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **


  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6439
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 25, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:19 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:TFM has a Tombs of Valla up with no reserve or ridiculous BIN.  I guess a missing dungeon map will do that.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **



Five double folded map sheets are missing from this product, all supplied loose. If the winner is an Acaeum member and wants to contact me, I can let you have a copy of mine to help with play and reading the adventure.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Active Collector

Posts: 96
Joined: Apr 05, 2011
Last Visit: Mar 09, 2020
Location: Oregon

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 pm 
 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:Jorune prepublication spiral-bound edition of books from 1985 boxed set!

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





I might go around $50 for an excellent+ copy of the 1985 Jorune box set, with the box in great shape.  Not doing $100...for some reason I have an antipathy towards spiral bound items :)


~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

 YIM  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2496
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 25, 2021
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:23 pm 
 

Treasure Chest from Bearhug Productions (1979). Don't know about it.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





US only.


Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:18 pm 
 

grodog wrote:I pinged the seller re: the rights situation, and he's retaining IP rights to the mss. content for now.  They sound pretty cool, but other than knowing that they're by the J. Andrew Keith (and that Tadashi had a really high opinion of his work), I don't know much about the Traveller scene (beyond what I picked up here, of course :D ).

His reply:  
heracleides on eBay PM wrote:Dear grodog_of_greyhawk,

I bought the manuscripts and copyright from Andrew and published them as Cargonaut Press in the late 1990's. Was also negotiating for the purchase on an unpublished RPG system written by both Keith brothers set in Poul Anderson's Terran Empire of the Dominic Flandry novels. Sadly, Andrew passed away before he could send me the manuscript for examination and Bill Keith was understandably too upset to pursue the effort and not overly interested in having it published in any event. Andrew was a great guy and very talented; the handwritten "Scam" manuscript I am selling was written over a period of three days and has virtually no corrections or revisions. He just set down and wrote. Truly amazing. Anyway, at the time of his death, I put up a memorial web page for Andrew; while I no longer maintain it, you can still view it here if you're interested: http://www.freelancetraveller.com/jakeith/jakeith.html

- heracleides

Thanks for the copy.
Nice to see a rapid, comprehensive response this time as opposed to the deadly silence (and listings going private) when they were selling those masses of forged 'zines. Maybe they know a bit too much 'bout where /those/ came from? :)


"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:49 pm 
 

Scathaigh wrote:
I might go around $50 for an excellent+ copy of the 1985 Jorune box set, with the box in great shape.  Not doing $100...for some reason I have an antipathy towards spiral bound items :)


I wouldn't go that high for a set, in any condition (plus I have like 3). Spiral bound items are difficult to store, for sure (can't stack 'em, can't shelve 'em), but they do have the Teves signatures, however recent (last week, LOL). I'm not particularly interested in these, myself, though it's more that I'm on a book-buying kick at the moment and don't feel like spending the cash.


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2496
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 25, 2021
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:08 pm 
 

Master board from Avar ending soon

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **



Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

 WWW  

User avatar

Active Collector

Posts: 96
Joined: Apr 05, 2011
Last Visit: Mar 09, 2020
Location: Oregon

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:40 pm 
 

And, would you be willing to sell or trade one of those Jorune box sets for less than $50?

~Scathaigh~

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
I wouldn't go that high for a set, in any condition (plus I have like 3). Spiral bound items are difficult to store, for sure (can't stack 'em, can't shelve 'em), but they do have the Teves signatures, however recent (last week, LOL). I'm not particularly interested in these, myself, though it's more that I'm on a book-buying kick at the moment and don't feel like spending the cash.


~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

 YIM  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:03 pm 
 

Scathaigh wrote:And, would you be willing to sell or trade one of those Jorune box sets for less than $50?

~Scathaigh~



PM sent :).


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2044
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 11, 2021
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 am 
 

Nice Harn lot:



http://cgi.ebay.com/HARN-Lot-Columbia-G ... 865wt_1398

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1295
Joined: Nov 24, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 07, 2021
Location: Brescia, Italy

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:49 am 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Nice Harn lot:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **





Not shipping outside the US  :cry:  (by the way, if there was an American willing to bid on this lot for me please send me a PM  8) )

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 am 
 

Necromican:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **



You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 79 of 100123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 9899100