Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 111123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2568
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 22, 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:15 am 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0582657010



Interesting... and confusing because this is a reputable dealer, from whom I've bought discounted new items before.



:scratch:


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:18 am 
 

TheHistorian wrote:
** expired eBay auction **


Interesting... and confusing because this is a reputable dealer, from whom I've bought discounted new items before.

:scratch:




I suspect this is likely an April Fools joke listing and the joke is being played by the lister on someone at the company (or us other E-Bay members) or if this is a mom and pop store, then perhaps either mom or pop is joking the other.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2568
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 22, 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 am 
 

Ah, funny... ish.


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 am 
 


** expired eBay auction **




Wilderlands of High Fantasy Box Set

PLUS

City State of the Invinsible Overlord



Both in the same listing.



Any bets on where this one will stop?

My guess is just $180...



I would not have listed those two items together.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Sep 06, 2021
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:43 pm 
 

Bracton wrote:Rappan Athuk Reloaded, #220 of 1000.


** expired eBay auction **




I saw this one sell high like the rest of you, but then I noticed it was relisted  :?: I wonder what's going on :?



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT



Edit: just saw Ashmire's comment, but it looked liked it was set in Ebay UK for some reason.. :oops:



Here's the original bidding history

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... wauto=true

I see now a 0 feedback dude came in at the end, but the seller opted not to 2nd chance to next highest person?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6493
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:53 pm 
 

Maybe because the (0) buyer and the seller are the same person?
I wonder if it sells for a lower price this time round whether some other catastrophe will prevent the sale happening, or maybe another mystery shopper will snap it up.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . gummy bears.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:06 pm 
 

misterspock wrote:

I saw this one sell high like the rest of you, but then I noticed it was relisted  :?: I wonder what's going on :?


** expired eBay auction **


Edit: just saw Ashmire's comment, but it looked liked it was set in Ebay UK for some reason.. :oops:

Here's the original bidding history
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... wauto=true
I see now a 0 feedback dude came in at the end, but the seller opted not to 2nd chance to next highest person?




Could be the second place bidder also feels the price may have been elevated by a Shill Bidder, and if so refuses to buy it.

The 2nd or lower bidder have no obligation to buy it after all.

If the Zero Feedback bidder was a shill, then the shilling started WAY early at just $125-$127.5 and continued all the way to $207.5....

IMO, shilling on ANYTHING, especially items like this one is simply STUPID with a Capital STUPID...

Those things never go cheaply anyway.

It aint worth it (Well, it aint ever worth it IMO... but...)



I have turned down more than one Second Chance offer when I ended in second or a lower spot on items I wanted.

Sometimes due to feelings of the listing having been (perhaps) shilled and sometimes because I am simply no longer interested at the higher price.

A lot more than one actually.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3828
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:51 pm 
 

misterspock wrote:

I saw this one sell high like the rest of you, but then I noticed it was relisted  :?: I wonder what's going on :?


** expired eBay auction **


Edit: just saw Ashmire's comment, but it looked liked it was set in Ebay UK for some reason.. :oops:

Here's the original bidding history
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... wauto=true
I see now a 0 feedback dude came in at the end, but the seller opted not to 2nd chance to next highest person?




I would also wonder about the bidder with the 34 feedback.



In an auction that doesnt end for days why would you bid twice just to jam the cost of the item up? 1 bid will let you track it, these bids just push it to certain levels.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Sep 06, 2021
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:40 pm 
 

I see what you guys are saying, and I think you're right. If I had been the second high bidder, I would've bailed on an offer because of the suspicious nature as well. That 34 bidder s***m could very well be a shill, too, as I dug around for info a little.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6493
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:57 pm 
 

I don't think so, ref the 34 bidder. But the 0 bidder and the cancelled sale is suspicious.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . gummy bears.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1865
Joined: May 01, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2021
Location: Almost Lake Geneva, WI

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:04 pm 
 

misterspock wrote:That 34 bidder s***m could very well be a shill, too, as I dug around for info a little.
I assume you noticed that 100% of s***m's bids were on elwoodslayer's items.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Sep 06, 2021
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:57 pm 
 

Exactly...too suspicious

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6493
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:01 pm 
 

No, I missed that, but we're talking about a guy bidding on two items only from one seller in 30 dsays. Hardly suspicious. In order to accumulate 34 feedback from different eBayers, he has to buy or sell. And in order to register as a seller, he has to have 5 feedbacks. So at the very least he has to be an active seller who has bought from four other buyers other than the seller in the past, and have 29 buying customers.

This is a case of eBay's statistics being misleading, and the crappy anonymous system preventing people clariftying the situation.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . gummy bears.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:17 pm 
 

ExTSR wrote:I assume you noticed that 100% of s***m's bids were on elwoodslayer's items.


Report it!


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6493
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:19 am 
 

Can you guys in the States see more than this (34) bidder bidding on more than two auctions from this one seller? In the UK we only see bidding on two auctions.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . gummy bears.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Sep 06, 2021
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:20 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Can you guys in the States see more than this (34) bidder bidding on more than two auctions from this one seller? In the UK we only see bidding on two auctions.


I only saw the bidding on two auctions, both with the same seller in the past 30 days and obviously on both the Reloaded auctions.

here's the link of the profile page we were looking at





edit: I can't seem to get the link above to work quite right in the post, so I stuck it in quotes



edit: I guess that link won't work unless you're in the auction bidding history and click on the specific anonymous bidder. Oh well.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6493
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:17 pm 
 

Just curious...

If a guy has an eBay account with 34 feedback and he only buys stuff occasionally, and he bids on RAR up to say $120 and then bails out, and then he bids on the same auction when it's relisted, why is that suspicious and make him a fraud?

By the same reasoning, anyone who bids on only a few items a year is a fraud. Or anyone who bids on a relisted item?

I was presuming you guys had more information seeing as the US has different privacy laws to the UK. I was assuming you guys had some other evidence that this guy was suspicious other than the fact that he bid on a relisted item.

I don't get it. That one's gone way over my head.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . gummy bears.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Sep 06, 2021
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:00 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Just curious...

If a guy has an eBay account with 34 feedback and he only buys stuff occasionally, and he bids on RAR up to say $120 and then bails out, and then he bids on the same auction when it's relisted, why is that suspicious and make him a fraud?

By the same reasoning, anyone who bids on only a few items a year is a fraud. Or anyone who bids on a relisted item?

I was presuming you guys had more information seeing as the US has different privacy laws to the UK. I was assuming you guys had some other evidence that this guy was suspicious other than the fact that he bid on a relisted item.

I don't get it. That one's gone way over my head.


I think you're making a good point and I know there's no definitive proof that the 34 buyer was a shill. I'm just thinking it was suspicious activity too after Jason thought something else about the bidding pattern was odd. Yes, it may be as you say and the guy is just after this one particular Reloaded set.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 111123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 109110111