Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 80 of 111123 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:32 am 

for the world is hollow, and i have touched the cellophane...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:36 am 

stratochamp wrote:for the world is hollow, and i have touched the cellophane...

Best television episode title ever!  Nice twist. :P

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:11 am 

stratochamp wrote:for the world is hollow, and i have touched the cellophane...

Or perhaps "Come Acaeum brethren! Let us worship in the Cello Fane!"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 am 

Bracton wrote:
faro wrote:A bit high, perhaps: $35-60 has been more the norm for those I've seen.
I don't think he's selling them in bulk any more, either, since they're useful to draw in buyers for other sales (although if you were to offer $100 each, perhaps... ;)).

High by $2.54?   :?

Though given your comment, David, I'm wondering if these are perhaps more common over on the other side of the pond.  I've been on the lookout for a Seren Ironhand for a couple of years, and this is the first one I recall seeing in quite a while.  (Well, other than TFM's, which at a $150 BIN is a bit on the pricey side.   :P  )

The majority of those were actually in the $35-45 range - mostly from the same seller - with a few outliers higher. Does that make you any happier? :)

Yes, there have been fewer more recently since they've been saving them to draw in customers for other sales, as explained.

Citing Kynan's copy parallels the old effect seen with WoM: list an item high enough for long enough and, so long as no other copies come along, the "value" of an item is mentally adjusted upwards. Thus, for example, if a previously $100 item is relisted at variable amounts between $300 and $500 there's a good chance it will be snagged at $300 "because someone has seen it at $500"... even if it never sold.

Similarly, I'm going to be amused if those rare - and rather good - NWS rules go for $750 because they've been seen at $1,000-$1,500 before! Rather less likely given the content/niche market, but y'never know.

Anyhow... I was replying to Ian that $80-100 was perhaps a bit high - not commenting on the actual sale price - but now that that range has been mentioned it could just as easily become the new "target" if someone remembers that without the context of the discussion.

Should be a nice copy, that one, regardless. :)

(And, no, not more common over here!)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:11 am 

Good BIN for a copy of Tollenkar's lair:

http://cgi.ebay.com/250825356246

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:50 am 

faro wrote:
The majority of those were actually in the $35-45 range - mostly from the same seller - with a few outliers higher. Does that make you any happier? :)

Yes, there have been fewer more recently since they've been saving them to draw in customers for other sales, as explained.

Citing Kynan's copy parallels the old effect seen with WoM: list an item high enough for long enough and, so long as no other copies come along, the "value" of an item is mentally adjusted upwards. Thus, for example, if a previously $100 item is relisted at variable amounts between $300 and $500 there's a good chance it will be snagged at $300 "because someone has seen it at $500"... even if it never sold.
Similarly, I'm going to be amused if those rare - and rather good - NWS rules go for $750 because they've been seen at $1,000-$1,500 before! Rather less likely given the content/niche market, but y'never know.

Anyhow... I was replying to Ian that $80-100 was perhaps a bit high - not commenting on the actual sale price - but now that that range has been mentioned it could just as easily become the new "target" if someone remembers that without the context of the discussion.
Should be a nice copy, that one, regardless. :)

(And, no, not more common over here!)

All good points.  Having only been watching out for these for the last year or so, I wasn't aware of the earlier sales history.  But fortunately, I do my best to find happiness elsewhere than the prices of collectibles.    :lol:

And I certainly wasn't quoting Kynan's price as indicative of the market.  But if it does tend the market for items I own higher, all the better.   :D

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:34 am 

Again, Seren Ironhand is one of those items in my list of top ten non-TSR D&D products of all time. Like Starstone, it's something that should not be missing from anyone's collection.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:54 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Again, Seren Ironhand is one of those items in my list of top ten non-TSR D&D products of all time. Like Starstone, it's something that should not be missing from anyone's collection.

Okay, then sell me one.  :)

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:10 am 

All sold out I'm affraid.
Not even a persoanl copy.
I sold my copies about two years back.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:23 pm 

reading the back cover of "Seren Ironhand" it doesn't seem a fascinating adventure, IMHO.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:40 pm 

vault keeper wrote:reading the back cover of "Seren Ironhand" it doesn't seem a fascinating adventure, IMHO.

Part of the draw is the authorship I suppose.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:40 pm 

Castle Zagyg Upper Works, UK seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Castle-Zagyg-Uppe ... 2564070113

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:17 am 

dwarf wrote:Castle Zagyg Upper Works, UK seller

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

That's just weird. I assumed this was the box I just put up, went to check and found it was Jon's. We put the auctions up within minutes of each other! Mine's more collectible though because I went the extra mile and dropped a hole punch on the lid when I was listing it. The hole punch worked - it made a hole. I strongly recommend doing this if you enjoy storming around your room for 10 minutes swearing to high heaven.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:10 am 

:lol:
Glad you can see the funny side.
I feel your pain.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:16 pm 

Might be something in this pile of stuff of interest to someone:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:22 pm 

I guess this item is for serious Traveller completists only:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Crystal-1985-T ... 1c1be88845

The sellers feedback is kinda odd though.  8O  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:40 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I guess this item is for serious Traveller completists only:

The sellers feedback is kinda odd though.  8O  :?

"This is the ONLY known copy of the game "

... really?

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:47 am 

beasterbrook wrote:
"This is the ONLY known copy of the game "

... really?

I'm doubtful too.  I can find a few images from the game on the internet so I think there are other copies known to be out there.  Wouldn't be surprised if you can find an online copy to download and play either.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 80 of 111123 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 109110111