Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 111123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:25 am 

Mars wrote:
Yep.  When you do this and select "No, I want to contact the seller" you get the message:

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

and you can't type in a message and send it off.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the answers regarding Court of Ardor.
And Mars is exactly right, that's what happened to me too. :(

Best regards,
Ronald

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:40 am 

Yorbalinda_dave wrote:
Hi MetamorphosisSigma,
I am selling this set on Ebay and noticed your message. I found this item, in this condition, at an estate sale. I have no intention to defraud anyone with this item. The packaging does appear to be "as new" from Skyrealms Publishing. The books inside the plastic are in pristine condition and the plastic wrapping is of a thick industrial type, not a cheaper shrink wrap. I would however appreciate anyone's confirmation on if this was the way this game was shipped. I make every attempt to list my items with honest descriptions. I would absolutely change this item if confirmed that this was not original packaging.

Thank you,
Yorbalinda_Dave

Thanks for responding here, and providing some additional info. I didn't mean to say or imply that you as the seller were doing anything wrong. I understand a lot of these items are being auctioned by sellers who aren't necessarily in a position to know if the state the items is in is "original". I was just curious if any of the members here (some of whom, unlike myself, might have purchased this boxed set when it was first released) could confirm that these books were shrinkwrapped inside the box by SRP. I've never heard of a publisher doing that, and was speculating to myself that perhaps it was something done by a game store between 1985 and now to keep the contents together...?

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:57 am 

No offense taken. I was actually quite pleased someone was talking about this item. Your question of it's authenticity is well placed and potential buyers should always be dubious and ask questions. I would be happy to post more images of this packaging if any of the collecting experts here could make a determination. Perhaps if no answer is found here I will try to contact WayesBooks, it seems they have a good knowledge of this set.

Thanks again,
Yorbalinda_Dave

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:43 am 

Decently priced MERP lot, even if that Umbar doesn't come with a map:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:01 pm 

Nope, nothing to see here, move along:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0501951990

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:36 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Nope, nothing to see here, move along:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I hate that you have a nose for hidden gems... :(

But if it had not been you, no doubt someone else would have peeked inside and posted here.

The seller is obviously clueless.

So many hidden gems in such a crowded lot with the WRONG picture posted, and little description.

If this was my stuff; I would most certainly have listed several items in this lot seperately.

As for the rest of you... yes please do move along, nothing to see here.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:27 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I hate that you have a nose for hidden gems... :(

At least I waited until it had gotten some attention.  Saw it right away, but didn't post until it hit $100.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:28 pm 

I've never seen a copy of Cryptych

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:45 pm 

Nice Morrow Project lot:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Not quite a complete set but at around $7 per book (including shipping costs) its still a pretty good deal.  Resellers usually list these at $15 - $20 (or more if its shrinked) per book.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 am 

They normally sell for around $5 which is what this one is at now.

I know some of you still do not have a copy.

Nothing better to explain in detail what certain weapons look like, or what they were designed to do and in what situations.

And then the same for Aromo, then the same for Castles...

Classic Game Aid.

Great for showing young players and a great help for DMs.

Get one...  8)

I have two copies.

One is quite shelf worn, the other will eventually take that copies place.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:43 am 

All the World's Monsters 1 and 2...but not in great condition, along with other books

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-Manual-II-F ... 4158ad293d

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:44 am 

FormCritic wrote:I've never seen a copy of Cryptych

It was a fairly short lived magazine covering RPGs and CCGs, if I remember right.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:56 pm 

misterspock wrote:All the World's Monsters 1 and 2...but not in great condition, along with other books

I asked the seller for more info about the condition, and he's posted the answer. Then I realized that's actually ATWM vol I (red) and III (yellow). The seller has them listed incorrectly as I and II in the auction. If you expand the picture you can see the III on the cover of the yellow copy. I sent him another message so hopefully he'll correct it.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:25 pm 

Zenopus wrote:I asked the seller for more info about the condition, and he's posted the answer. Then I realized that's actually ATWM vol I (red) and III (yellow). The seller has them listed incorrectly as I and II in the auction. If you expand the picture you can see the III on the cover of the yellow copy. I sent him another message so hopefully he'll correct it.

Yes, Volume II of that series is Blue in color.
In order:
Volume I Red
Volume II Blue
Volume III Yellow

And for those that have any interest, there are several pringtings of each Volume.
Some have rougher (not shiny) paper stock covers, and others (1st Prints) are loose sheets that are hole punched for a 3 ring binder.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm 

I'd love to have a perfect bound edition of ATWM Volume II in order to match my perfect bound copies of I and III.

Did they ever print a perfect bound III?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 am 

Not sure what "Perfect Bound" means...

I have a copy of Vol. II that is the rougher paper stock with staples.
Do not know if Vol. III ever came in that format.

As for loose leaf pages, I have Vol I and Vol II in that format.
Do not know if Vol. III ever came in loose leaf format.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 am 

Perfect bound is the square pressed binding with the heated glue. Don't recall seeing ATWMII in that format. The PB ATWM was a later reprint. The first printing was stapled. Can only assume they didn't get around to reprinting II.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:28 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Perfect bound is the square pressed binding with the heated glue.
Don't recall seeing ATWMII in that format.
The PB ATWM was a later reprint.
The first printing was stapled.
Can only assume they didn't get around to reprinting II.

Please see this thread (just posted).

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11357&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The thread above shows pictures and printing data (copyright page) for all the copies of ATWM that I have.
The Copies that are Loose leaf Format are certainly 1st prints (Vol I and Vol II).
Stapled Format for Vol II clearly states 2nd print on copyright page.
Every copy I have (of any Vol) was published by Chaosium, Inc.
I have Never have seen any prints/reprints that suggest other publishers have produced these books in any format.

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 111123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 109110111