Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 111123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:22 am 

Chucho68 wrote:What is this? I am not sure it's non-TSR:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

There are a couple different prints of Part 1 for those completists.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:28 am 

What are the differences? Is it possible to know without opening the shrink?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:

Were any of these PBMs Roleplaying?

There were a small amount of PBM RPG's, but not many (I didn't play any of them back in the day...)

Paper Mayhem was the PBM magazine for the US, and Flagship was the PBM magazine for the UK.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:44 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Maze-Zayene-1- ... 1e6258aeab

Here you go, one of Noble Knights Zayene listings.

One bid at $25...

Just wait a few days for this one to end and watch for the next one, or visit the web site and snag a set there.

BTW: I was mistaken about the price these are listed for at NKG...

You can get the entire set, with another module (Garden of the Plant Master in shrink wrap) for a total of $39.95 at the NKG web site.

And it looks like the exact same lot of items as is listed on E-Bay, so you might wish to go after one of those auctions.

$7.95 is a little high for shipping, but not totally rediculous.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:

Here you go, one of Noble Kinghts Zayene listings.
One bid at $25...

Just wait a few days for this one to end and watch for the next one, or visit the web site and snag a set there.

Watch the shipping cost, he tends to make up his prices by overcharging on shipping :evil:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:51 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:

Here you go, one of Noble Knights Zayene listings.
One bid at $25...

I got my copy by hanging about and bidding my $21 price until I won.  It's amazing how long these sets have been on sale....years now.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:55 am 

FormCritic wrote:
I got my copy by hanging about and bidding my $21 price until I won.  It's amazing how long these sets have been on sale....years now.

I got mine at Gencon for $3.00 per copy, I remember when they went for over $100 per set.  He must have 100's of sets :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:05 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I got mine at Gencon for $3.00 per copy, I remember when they went for over $100 per set.  He must have 100's of sets :?

I'm sure he has already sold hundreds of these sets too.  I have probably bought about 8 sets myself.  My general strategy is to get in a bid on an auction for around $25 or so.  He then often makes a second chance offer so even if you didn't win the auction he may offer to sell it to you for $25.  The packages he sells now no longer include one of the advertising sheets (so he has final run out of 1 of the items).

The difference in printings in noticable on the back so you don't need to take it out of shrink - I think one has a product number and the other does not (but would have to double check).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm 

My 2 copies have the product code. I got it from NKG few years ago (IIRC) with the flyer. Product code indicates a 2nd printing so?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

FGU Privateers and Gentlemen boxed set

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:56 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:My 2 copies have the product code. I got it from NKG few years ago (IIRC) with the flyer. Product code indicates a 2nd printing so?

Thank you all (Gnat, Mars, Loki, Black, Form)!!

Hector.

BTW, Gnat: paid for your Fantasy Game Aid already!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:My 2 copies have the product code. I got it from NKG few years ago (IIRC) with the flyer. Product code indicates a 2nd printing so?

I managed to find 1  of my copies and it has the product code in bottom left and isbn in bottom right.  I know the other print is missing one (or possibly both of those items).  Both came from NK in their packages - I'm not sure they have ever notice the printing difference.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:21 pm 

Chucho68 wrote:
Thank you all (Gnat, Mars, Loki, Black, Form)!!

Hector.

BTW, Gnat: paid for your Fantasy Game Aid already!

Saw that, thanks!
Already posted some things this morning.
Will mail it tomorrow if possible.
Have a lot to do though so it might be Friday morning.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:22 pm 

Ironhedge manifesto. Very rare. Included in the Ironhedge boxed set but was sold separately too.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:58 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Ironhedge manifesto. Very rare. Included in the Ironhedge boxed set but was sold separately too.

"This book is so rare you may never see for sale on ebay again!!!".  Makes me think I should list my spare copy.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm 

Mars wrote:"This book is so rare you may never see for sale on ebay again!!!".  Makes me think I should list my spare copy.

Previous copy just over $10; and the one before just under? Not that I'm watching in particular, mind you.

"Game of Swordfigts, Thiefery, Magic, Treasure, Monters, Power, and Lawlessness"

... Chaos knows no spelling boundaries, indeed. (Well, OK, one ypto was on the original)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:28 pm 

True, rare but not sought after. I am not looking for it particularly, but I didn't remember an auction recently on ebay. Perhaps one or 2 years ago?

I am still looking for a plain black box version though.

I noticed at least 3 different prints of the box set, with some differences Manifesto book as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:52 pm 

What interests me is the idea of an adventure that is "vintage 1987."

In my mind, 1987 was so late to the vintage RPG party that the lights were already off.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 111123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 109110111