Australian Realms
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:34 am 

I found a source for copies of this magazine.  The prices are reasonable, but the shipping to the US is costly.  Is anyone else interested in specific issues or (almost) sets?  A combined shipment might be able to spread out the shipping costs enough to make it viable.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:42 am 

Wow. I have been hunting these for years and I live in Australia! I am still missing numbers 1,2,7 and 8 as well as Wair-Rae: Unae Book I and the six miniatures.

Would love to get the items I lack. Can I help in any way?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:22 am 

I'm not familiar with this publication.  Is it a general gaming pub or a rules set specific publication?

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:53 am 

General gaming - the most successful Australian (never would have guessed from the title, right?) mag to come out.

Brett (not the source I've found) has a nice page detailing all the issues:  http://www.arielarchives.com/ARealms.html

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:44 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I found a source for copies of this magazine.  The prices are reasonable, but the shipping to the US is costly.  Is anyone else interested in specific issues or (almost) sets?  A combined shipment might be able to spread out the shipping costs enough to make it viable.

Well then count me in on a bulk order if you get enough interest.  I'm always up for new source material!

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:20 am 

I know that most back issues of Australian Realms and the first Unae setting book, the Wair-Rae Chronicle can be sourced from the gaming shop Tactics in Perth - www.tactics.net.au

On a similar note, a novel set in Unae is now out and about. The Fall of Ossard is available from Amazon.com in the US, or through most major book retailers in Australia. It was released in September 2009.

Aside from a continuation of the Unae novels, nothing else new is planned at the moment.

I hope that helps.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 pm 

Well I didn't know about the novel.. going to have to get that now..

Brette:)

(and what are you doing up this time of night.. all us aussie should be asleep!)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:30 pm 

For those ordering Australian Realms magazines, can we get the novel from Tactics as well?  Are you close enough nearby (or affiliated with Tactics) to sign one?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:55 pm 

Colin is in Perth (I'm assuming due to his blog) and so is Tactics.. so this should be possiable.. I'll wait for him to wake up;) ..

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:56 pm 

I am in Perth, and about to go into work - which is about half a block from Tactics. I don't think they stock the novel but will check. If they do, I will sign what stock they have and also report back later today as to what issues of Realms they have.

If they don't stock the book, Borders Perth has plenty of copies (and some signed). We did a launch there back in October.

The book's not a typical gaming novel, it gets compared by male readers to The Name of the Wind (by Rothfuss) more so because of its layered feel. Female readers tend to link it to Isobelle Carmody or Robin Hobb because of the female lead's coming of age tale.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 pm 

I believe there is already an order under way...

It's linked to aussie gaming so thats good enough for me for my collection;)

I've pm'ed you about a signed copy

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14 pm 

I've supplied them with some signed copies of The Fall of Ossard, so they can quite happily sell it on.

Just for the record, they do still have all Australian Realms issues and spin off product (The Wair-Rae Chronicle, A-Team comic collection, and A-Team miniature packs), but are running low. When they're gone, they're gone.

The Fall of Ossard is available through bookshops in Australia (they have signed copies at Borders in Perth). Otherwise, you'd need to order it from Amazon.com (just the US Amazon) - of course, they'll be unsigned.  

Hope all that helps.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:55 pm 

They don't have all issues of AR available.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:06 pm 

Oh, sorry, when I dropped in there yesterday they said they had them all, but I was talking to the owner, not the guy actually running the shop who'd probably know.

I did have a quick look at the magzines in section, and they certainly looked to have most of them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:51 am 

Thanks and welcome to the Acaeum Colin. I just ordered my last four missing issues - now I'll have the complete run. I am wondering about the miniatures set though.....

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:00 pm 

I received my AR magazines today.  Condition was much nicer than I expected; this is clearly new old stock.  All issues were complete with inserts (polybagged issues still bagged).

It looks like I may have ended up with some extras as well: issue 2 and the Wair-Rae sourcebook.  If anyone needs those to fill holes, PM me and we'll work something out.

Now to sit down and read through some of these - hopefully they were worth the effort!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:18 am 

i'm after  an article from AR issue #13.

could someone help?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:05 am 

Our Aussie Realms are still in the mail but should be here any day now :)

Next