LuLu order arrived today
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:32 pm 

Voucher works in UK too!

In answer to Ashmire, service is very good, well packed, my Fight On! order arrived in 4 days.... p&p charges appear to be a flat rate £4.99, so this adds considerably to the cost, unless you spend loads!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:34 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:You can get 15% off Lulu book purchases through May 9th using the coupon code BOOK4MOM.  I know it works as I just used it to purchase the remaining copies of Fight On! I don't have.

Awesome. THANKS for posting that code!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:57 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote in LuLu order arrived today:I got my Fight On! #3 in the mail yesterday.  It is the first one I have ordered and I decided on it instead of the others simply because of it's Judges Guild content.  While reading through it I was absolutely blown away by all of the great stuff in there.  Rob Conley's Wild North addition to the Wilderlands, James Mishler's County of Haghill article, and the fifth circle of Hell from Geoff Dale were particularly enjoyable.  The only real complaint for me is the layout of the articles.  I think Knockspell is a bit cleaner looking and easier on the eyes while reading.  Fight On! #3 was $10 and is 150 pages.  Knockspell #2 is only 86 pages while being a dollar more.  Both seem to have a good amount of artwork mixed in with the articles and advertisements.

I will definitely have to pick up the other issues of Fight On!.  I will continue to pick up Knockspell as well, but I wonder about the page count and price differences.  I dont know anything about publishing but maybe a few other people can fill me in.  :)

I bought a large lot of RPG stuff recently (and you can see pictures of the lot in Classifieds) and one of the items within was Fight On! issue #3.  I was surprised at how thick a volume it was.  I read the table of contents.  It looked interesting.  I kept reading, and it was pretty good!  It was like a Dragon Magazine except there weren't tons of ads limiting the content and most of the content was excellent.  I particularly like the mini module, "Spawning Grounds of the Crab-Men."  Anyway, I don't know if the other volumes are as good, but issue #3 sure impressed me.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:54 am 

I own most of the issues of FO! (and Knockspell) and have enjoyed using things from them many times. Very cool items.

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Previous