Brave Hafling Publishing to publish S&W: Whitebox
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:02 pm 

I received mine two weeks ago.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:31 am 

I'm still waiting too. I'm glad you bumped this thread because I completely forgot about it. I wonder what the holdup is? :?

ok, so I went back in the thread to find their new link, and this is what I've learned

http://bravehalfling.com/

For those of you within the United States, Paypal sends you an email with a tracking number right after I purchase and place the postage on your boxed set(s). If you haven't received an email yet, yours hasn't shipped.

For those of you in Canada and around the world, I have to actually take your boxed sets to the post office, stand in line, hand in the customs forms (which seems to change depending upon who is working the counter ;) ), and then purchase the postage. I then go back to paypal and indicate on your purchase that it has shipped. I am not sure if this causes an automatic confirmation email to be sent out or not. Nor does it provide you with a tracking number.

I definitely haven't received a Paypal email tracking number, so according to the posting, mine hasn't shipped out....yet (I hope :) )

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:53 am 

Still waiting..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:14 am 

still waiting on mine as well....

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:13 pm 

John's been blogging quite a bit on http://bravehalfling.com/ as to what the specific cause of the holdups are.  Not trying to defend him or the apparent slowness, just saying that there's at least been information flow roughly once a week.

According to the latest entry, it looks like the very last boxes will have shipped by April 30th at the latest.  Add some shipping time to that, and you should have your order in your hands by mid-May at the latest.  After May 15th I'd break out the pitchforks in earnest, but it looks like these are on their way.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:25 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:John's been blogging quite a bit on http://bravehalfling.com/ as to what the specific cause of the holdups are.  Not trying to defend him or the apparent slowness, just saying that there's at least been information flow roughly once a week.

According to the latest entry, it looks like the very last boxes will have shipped by April 30th at the latest.  Add some shipping time to that, and you should have your order in your hands by mid-May at the latest.  After May 15th I'd break out the pitchforks in earnest, but it looks like these are on their way.

I forgot I even ordered this  :lol:   Well it may the last from this company

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:35 pm 

Some of these are being shipped in Bubble mailers (according to the blog). That is a recipe for smashed corners and broken boxes.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:58 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Am I the only one who has received a white box?  8O

I received mine a month ago.  I understand he had some major problems with the box company and had to go with another one.  But an email to everyone that bought one but still hasnt received them at some point would be nice.

John is a good guy and I am sure will get everything taken care of at some point.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:02 pm 

I guess its too late to pay for the shipping through Paypal.  I don't know why more people don't use this.  I use it almost exclusively.  Printing shipping online often saves about 10% or so of the shipping cost.  On a hundred packages that's a fair bit of money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:25 pm 

I did finally receive mine so they are slowly being shipped out.  Not the best packaging, but I'm not so much woried about collecting as playing with this set.

"Do I have an opening bid for this shrewish copy of Tegel Manor?" -Frank M

Mark Jaeger

ICQ YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:01 pm 

I ordered mine on January 11th, and I just got an email from PayPal with the shipping notice yesterday (April 24th). So, I guess he is still working his way down the list.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 am 

deimos3428 wrote:John's been blogging quite a bit on http://bravehalfling.com/ as to what the specific cause of the holdups are.  Not trying to defend him or the apparent slowness, just saying that there's at least been information flow roughly once a week.

That's all well and good but I sent him an email a month ago and had no response.  My first and last purchase from "Brave" Halfling.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:25 am 

Still no email since we talked about this more than a week ago.. :scratch:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:27 pm 

Dreadful customer service. My first and last S&W purchase.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:33 pm 

I'm glad I didn't take a punt on this now...  :(

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:22 am 

Received my original January order yesterday - very nice.

No damage from postage as they were in a large sturdy box.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:16 pm 

Hey guys, I had no idea you all had been talking about the WhiteBox Boxed Sets it in this thread or I would have kept you all up-to-date with the "box drama."

Like others have posted in this thread, I have been keeping folks up on all the delays and such on my website: www.bravehalfling.com, which as it was posted here, I had to move my site to when my original domain expired.

And many of you who did not find my new site have probably tried to contact me by an email address that does not exist ([email protected]) but seems to have been automatically generated by my site's shopping cart.

I don't like to do business like this and far too many things happened beyond my control, but everyone has a right to be angry. I have tried to be completely transparent about the whole situation and I am sending a free WhiteBox module with every one of the orders to try and make up for the far too long delay.

I could list all the hurdles I've had to jump in the last five months, but you can read them on my site. The last delay was that the company that had been supplying my shipping boxes went out of business and did not fulfill my last order, which is why the last 100 or so orders from January and March did not get shipped by the end April like I had promised. But now I have even better shipping boxes.

I would have emailed everyone about the delays, but I have not figured out how to do that through the paypal interface yet. :(

2/3rds of the orders have already shipped. The last few orders from January (around the 20th) and the orders from March are all going out over the next several days (sooner if I can).

Let me just say, the large number of sales of the WhiteBox Boxed Set far surpassed any of my expectations and the limited abilities of my one man, hobby publishing business.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you need more details.

US customers will get a confirmation email and a tracking number when your order ships and world-wide customers will just get the confirmation email that the order has shipped.

Again, I apologize for the far-to-long delay and for not finding this thread much earlier to help remain in contact with my friends at the Acaeum.

Brave Halfling Publishing

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:36 pm 

Thanks, John.  I posted to your blog, as you know, and you responded almost instantly.  I understand that circumstances beyond your control have delayed your plans to get these boxed sets shipped out.  This is certainly not life or death, and I thank you for your diligence in keeping your blog updated as events have unfolded.  I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

PreviousNext