Brave Hafling Publishing to publish S&W: Whitebox
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:55 pm 

Has everyone received their white box?

I am still waiting, but not freaking. Just curious.

And I have to say I think I need to get that new village module...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:04 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Has everyone received their white box?

I received mine last week.  It was shipped in a box with those tasty biodegradeable packing peanuts.   :D

In a totally unrelated transaction, the OD&D White Box that I won on eBay arrived shipped in a padded envelope.  :x

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:I received mine last week.  It was shipped in a box with those tasty biodegradeable packing peanuts.   :D

In a totally unrelated transaction, the OD&D White Box that I won on eBay arrived shipped in a padded envelope.  :x

OMG. That reminds me of a couple auctions of some basic sets and a Knights of Camelot that were shipped to me the same way. :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:14 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Has everyone received their white box?

I am still waiting on mine BB.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 pm 

Still waiting for mine to arrive as well.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 pm 

bbarsh wrote:And I have to say I think I need to get that new village module...

The Village of Larm isnt new but the version that they just released is apparently a revised version.  I picked up the original a while back.  It reminds me of Hommlet in a lot of ways.  There are a lot of odd little encounters and some interesting NPC's to say the least.  One of which is the local baker, Frank Metzer, along with his three apprentices: Tim, Jim and Steve.  Frank only uses all-natural ingredients and has several quite yummy looking items to choose from including kringle, macaroons, and pie-crust cookies.  The kringle is only 14 silver pieces.  Pretty affordable if you ask me.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 pm 

I just want this thread to go away.
So I do not have to keep seeing how I missed out.

Stop posting here please?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:03 pm 

Still waiting fro mine.  Any UK Acaeum members got theirs yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:31 pm 

From a Dragonsfoot thread ( http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 8&start=15 ) and the current main page of BraveHalfling.com ( http://bravehalfling.com/ )
The first 50 boxed sets have shipped!

The problem is that my box-maker only sent me 50 boxes. When I contacted him to find out where the rest of my boxes were, he told me he thought I didn't need the rest until May. This did not make me happy. I have canceled my contract. While I can make boxes myself, I cannot make them fast enough to get everyone's orders shipped asap.

So I have ordered a huge number of boxes from a company that has been making boxes for 111 years. They will have all of my boxes to me within two weeks. In addition, their boxes are going to be twice as durable (thicker material with double-secured corners) as the first 50 that have already shipped - so they should easily last for a very long time.

As a way of making up for the terribly long wait everyone has had to endure, I'm going to ship a brand-new WhiteBox module out with all the remaining boxed set orders. It is going to be the only time this module will be made available for WB. It is my way of saying "thank you" for all your patience.

And for all those folks who have been wondering when they can order a WhiteBox boxed set, I'll will begin taking further orders on March 15 (for shipment beginning on April 1).

So . . .

(1) The first 50 boxes have a different (lighter-weight) construction than all successive boxes.  The publisher has also stated that the first print run was 250 boxes.  Should the first 50 be called "First Printing, First Box" and the next 200 "First Printing, Second Box"?

(2) I am unclear whether the pre-ordered Second Box White Boxes will have one or two modules. [Edit:  I don't know why I thought more than one module was a possibility.]

(3) The third wave of White Boxes will be available on March 15.  Presumably this is still the First Printing, Second Box.

(4) Individual booklets are available from the publisher.

Last edited by JohnGaunt on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:08 am 

Well this is a bit irksome:

As a way of making up for the terribly long wait everyone has had to endure, I'm going to ship a brand-new WhiteBox module out with all the remaining boxed set orders. It is going to be the only time this module will be made available for WB. It is my way of saying "thank you" for all your patience.

And from the Dragonsfoot thread:

While all of the boxes (other than the "first 50" that have already shipped) will be the same, the 4 WB booklets inside will feature the new WB logo (rather than just the S&W logo and "WhiteBox" text). The box will also contain Matt's Primer, a set of dice, a pad containing 10 of Verhaden's digest-sized character sheets and a color poster of the single volume WB cover (no graph paper or pencil).

So the first 50 people who managed to buy it miss out on the character sheets, color poster and the "special module" (not to mention a sturdier box).  The people that were able to order the second round of boxes lose out on the graph paper and a pencil.

It seems to me that the first 50 people who ordered it are getting a bit of a raw deal here.  I'm very happy with my purchase even though it didnt come with the character sheets that it was advertised with.  But now we find out that the people that had to wait a couple of extra weeks or so to get theirs are getting the character sheets plus a few extra items just because of a short delay?

I'm thinking it would have been better if the seller had waited and shipped all of the orders at the same time that way the contents of the boxes would all be the same and people wouldnt be confused as to what to expect once they receive them.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:19 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I'm thinking it would have been better if the seller had waited and shipped all of the orders at the same time that way the contents of the boxes would all be the same and people wouldnt be confused as to what to expect once they receive them.  :?

The only difference between the pre-orders is the box construction and a module.  And the fact that the first set of pre-orders has already been sent out.

The normal orders do have different contents:
Swiped from the Dragonsfoot thread wrote:While all of the boxes (other than the "first 50" that have already shipped) will be the same, the 4 WB booklets inside will feature the new WB logo (rather than just the S&W logo and "WhiteBox" text). The box will also contain Matt's Primer, a set of dice, a pad containing 10 of Verhaden's digest-sized character sheets and a color poster of the single volume WB cover (no graph paper or pencil).

The normal orders will get 10 character sheets and a color poster but no graph paper or pencil.   This has the potential to get very confusing if people start Frankensteining sets by purchasing extra booklets.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:47 pm 

I am still trying to make some sense of this. I dropped my $40 for a first print and now I am not sure what I am getting.
I  purchased on Jan. 20 as part of the final 50 copies in the first print run.
Still don't have one and all I can find now is something about at second printing shipping after April 1.
Anybody dealing with the same issue or have news?

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:57 pm 

Still waiting on mine as well.

"Do I have an opening bid for this shrewish copy of Tegel Manor?" -Frank M

Mark Jaeger

ICQ YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:02 pm 

No news, but here is the contents of the first print run:
  • White box
  • One pencil
  • Six dice
  • Books I, II, III, and IV
  • A Quick Primer for Old School Gaming booklet
  • Thin pad of graph paper (squares)
  • Advertisement for TARGA and S&W Reference Sheets

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:02 pm 

Is anyone still waiting I haven't received mine after ordering on 11 January!  I'm not happy. :evil:

I have emailed [email protected] and had no response.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:09 pm 

Hi,

havent got mine either.

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:39 pm 

Still waiting.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:02 pm 

Am I the only one who has received a white box?  8O

PreviousNext