Old Fantasy Games Unlimited Wargames
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:13 am 

Hi Guys

In a different life I used to play and collect (somewhat) wargames.  I have sold or traded all but my favorites ove the years but today uncovered some odd ones.  They are:

Legion -Wargame rules by FGU copyright 1976, also came packed with Fire Hack and Run (copyright 1979)universal skirmish rules.  These are packed together in a ziplock bag.

Broadsword Wargame rules for medieval battles copyright 1977 (actually have 2 copies of this one)and it came packed with a copy of Down Styphon:A Musket and pike war game (copyright 1977) both by FGU

Also canadian wargamers journal #18-38

and a copy of Firefly :A Challenging game of WW2 Copyright 1987 by tabletop games.

This stuff is not RPG I know buts lots of you guys have mega-knowledge :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:43 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Hi Guys

In a different life I used to play and collect (somewhat) wargames.  I have sold or traded all but my favorites ove the years but today uncovered some odd ones.  They are:

Legion -Wargame rules by FGU copyright 1976, also came packed with Fire Hack and Run (copyright 1979)universal skirmish rules.  These are packed together in a ziplock bag.

Broadsword Wargame rules for medieval battles copyright 1977 (actually have 2 copies of this one)and it came packed with a copy of Down Styphon:A Musket and pike war game (copyright 1977) both by FGU

Also canadian wargamers journal #18-38

and a copy of Firefly :A Challenging game of WW2 Copyright 1987 by tabletop games.

This stuff is not RPG I know buts lots of you guys have mega-knowledge :)

Down Styphon has some cross collectable appeal as it is a game based on a 50's sci-fi novel called Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen By H.Beam Piper. Piper's popularity rises and falls and this particular supplement has gone for all kinds of prices over the years.

Current prices are an ebay thing, but as with everything else in this economy it is mostly a buyers market (except for the truly rare and sought after).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:44 pm 

A number of these games are still available through FGU but their website isn't the greatest so most people probably pass it by.  Their stuff is mainly all old stock but they have produced a few new items and some pdfs too.

Down Styphon is still available for $4.00 and Broadsword is $5.00.  It looks like they are out of the other two.  Legion is the same format as Gladiators (which is still available for $5) but the other ones like Citadel and the other one can go for $25-$40 (which probably means more like $20 in today's market).

I don't think any of these were shrinkwrapped or sold in ziplock bags so those have probably been added later.

What years are the Canadian wargamers journal from?