Necromancer Games - Product list?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:49 pm 

I'd say they are Necromancer Games products rather than Kenzer products. Presumably Kenzer just provided the printing process?

Another strange one is the Zayene reprints where 1 to 3 were published hardcopy, but only 1 was publisged PDF, and then 4 was published with an unmatching cover through Gamelords.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:25 pm 

Exactly.  A different publisher than usual.

Most Necromancer books were published through Sword and Sorcery Studios, with White Wolf product codes.

There were also pubications bearing the names of Webb and Peterson, published through Sword and Sorcery Studios, but without any mention of Necromancer Games

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:45 pm 

Bill Webb and Clark Peterson had Necromancer Games around the same time White Wolf had their Sword & Sorcery fantasy line Scarred Lands.  Though the first item for White Wolf's S&S was the Creature Collection to get out a monster book for the new 3.0 before WotC did, or around the same time since WW had the early ogl.
White Wolf, Troll Lords, Kenzer were all printing partners, but WW was the main one and the others only used due to the amount of material that couldn't get through the WW printing schedule alone, so they were allowed to go through the other companies.
Zayene never had #4 printed through Necromancer Games due to a falling out with Peterson and Kuntz (not going into it here).

If I had the time I could write more, I've was active with WW and the Scarred Lands through their Chat rooms at the time and with Necromancer Games when they began to appear on those same chats.  Which is how I was given the opportunity to write for them (Bard's Gate :D )

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:38 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Already being done.  Check out the Acaeum Wiki:  http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Check out this thread for details:  viewforum.php?f=8

Thanks for the leads.
I'm impressed by the layout and volume of work that's been done so far on the Wiki.  
<very happy>
Looking at "sword & sorcery studios" under "companies", and finding one entry, I'm guessing that the data entry part of the project will be the clincher on its success. Is this the role of the "editing" that one of the subthreads was talking about?
(I couldn't find WW or NG in the list of companies, so I selected Sw&So Studios.)
Gary

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:14 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Another strange one is the Zayene reprints where 1 to 3 were published hardcopy, but only 1 was publisged PDF, and then 4 was published with an unmatching cover through Gamelords.

Different Worlds, actually, and you can still pick up copies from Tadashi @ http://www.diffworlds.com/kalibruhn.htm

Plaag wrote:Zayene never had #4 printed through Necromancer Games due to a falling out with Peterson and Kuntz (not going into it here).

Spot-on, Shane.  See above for link :D

Plaag wrote:If I had the time I could write more, I've was active with WW and the Scarred Lands through their Chat rooms at the time and with Necromancer Games when they began to appear on those same chats.  Which is how I was given the opportunity to write for them (Bard's Gate :D )

Which parts did you write, btw?:  I hold BG in high regard among NG's products!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:12 am 

grodog wrote:
Which parts did you write, btw?:  I hold BG in high regard among NG's products!

I think I made a list (not sure if a file or on paper someplace).  Let's see from just memory (we are talking writing this in 2000/2001 with a 2006 release): Coins, Most of the groups/clans/etc (if not all), Most of the NPCs with descriptions of appearance (if not all) and some without, Cults, various places - some areas more then others, inspiration for the thieves guild adventure - Casey changed the map from a dungeon to a manor but the shadow rogues (called something else in the book) were my idea and the glimmer gem(?) was mine, some of the magic weapons.  I believe I made the list on paper now that I think about it, but if I have a file on my computer shall try and check that later today.  Do know I have the old files on a CD or two.

Just remembered the chat of White Wolf for S&S- it was Fangsfall. Whew finally got that out of my head.

Me and Casey still keep in touch, a bit less now then before.  I've got other mentions in products, but minor things really, nothing like the material I did for Bard's Gate.  Though we do have another city/adventure awaiting the Troll Lords getting it in the printing pipeline.  But heck I waited a long time for Bard's Gate to be printed I'm fine waiting for this one.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:35 am 

RPGNow / DriveThru is having a sale for GM's day till March 8, the Necromancer Games PDFs are 25-50% off by the looks of them.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:25 pm 

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/d20/d20.htm

OK, now get out your Necromancer research hats....

Scroll down on the link above until you come to the Necromancer Games products list.

As you will note, the list is incomplete, but there are a few products shown on the list that need clarification:

Items that appear to be vaporware:

WW8353 Wrath of Orcus
WW8355 D2 The Sword of Air
WW8356 D3 Curse of the Damned

Items that I believe exist only in PDF:

NCG1000 W1 (W0) The Wizard's Amulet
W1A The Crucible of Freya: Supplemental Adventure Ideas and Encounter Areas
R1S Rappan Athuk: The Upper Levels: Bonus R2-47 Special Encounter
R1W Rappan Athuk: The Wilderness Areas

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:33 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
Items that appear to be vaporware:

WW8353 Wrath of Orcus

Items that I believe exist only in PDF:

There is even more 'vaporware' (have a list on my computer) but some of that may get released.  I don't know what Bill Webb is working on, but am sure nothing will appear until the POD service gets resolved.  Plus he's busier now on his farm.

The Wizard's Amulet  has only existed as a PDF (and iirc 2 versions - one when the 3.0 ogl was released and I think they updated it to 3.5).  They have a lot of freebies for the earlier products, but not everything despite having a password in the books does.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:42 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Items that appear to be vaporware:

WW8353 Wrath of Orcus

Can anyone confirm this?

FormCritic wrote:Items that I believe exist only in PDF:

There're many more than this, most of which were still available for download when last I looked.

The Wizard's Amulate was the ENnie Award Winner for 2001 for "Best Free Product". R1A was followed up by R2A The Wilderness Areas Cont'd. There's N1W Set's Daughter.

Anyone got a link to, or a copy of, R1S Rappan Athuk: The Upper Levels: Bonus R2-47 Special Encounter or W1A The Crucible of Freya: Supplemental Adventure Ideas and Encounter Areas?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:16 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
FormCritic wrote:Items that appear to be vaporware:

WW8353 Wrath of Orcus

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm not a Necromancer insider so I don't suppose I can really confirm or deny anything but what I do know is that these were solicited early on in the d20 rush, never shipped via Alliance Games Distributors and had their orders de facto canceled by Alliance after sitting on the pre-order list for a couple of years.  That means that Necromancer never gave them official notice of product cancellation.  Whether or not they were ever released in PDF I have no idea.  I very quickly got tired of trying to keep up with d20 PDF releases. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:50 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:There're many more than this, most of which were still available for download when last I looked.

The Wizard's Amulate was the ENnie Award Winner for 2001 for "Best Free Product". R1A was followed up by R2A The Wilderness Areas Cont'd. There's N1W Set's Daughter.

Anyone got a link to, or a copy of, R1S Rappan Athuk: The Upper Levels: Bonus R2-47 Special Encounter or W1A The Crucible of Freya: Supplemental Adventure Ideas and Encounter Areas?

RA

R2A

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:47 pm 

Hiya Shane

Just checked the link and it is password protected.

Anyone know where the password is located?

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:57 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Hiya Shane

Just checked the link and it is password protected.

Anyone know where the password is located?

The last time I downloaded something from Necromancer Games I had to use the password from the module's credits page.

For R2-4 there was a riddle to be solved:

http://www.necromancergames.com/prod_support.html

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:02 pm 

Cheers Paul,

Now, have to do some digging  :)

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:41 am 

Been right through R1 typing in names.
Are you sure this isn't an R2 Supplement miss-files?
Anyone manage to open this?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Been right through R1 typing in names.
Are you sure this isn't an R2 Supplement miss-files?
Anyone manage to open this?

Someone slap me. :oops:

Necromancer games states the following;

"(R2-47 Download Password Answer: "Belgos," the name of the male vampire from the encounter keyed to hex "R2-47" from the classic module The Vault of the Drow.)"

I be dumb.

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:49 am 

I have them saved on a CD with the passwords in the file name for ease.

ShaneG.

PreviousNext