White Wolf Magazine - Early Issues
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:10 pm 

i was managing a game distributor in 1990, i sent a letter to stewart wieck inquiring about ww #1 (as we had just bought copies of #2-7 from them, and has a standing order for their new products). this was his 8/20/1990 reply: i'm sorry, but other than a personal copy, there are no extra copies of ww #1 remaining. however there is an extra copy of the following: 1)curse of the undying-a full length ad&d adventure we published soon after ww #3 2) arcanum #1-this is very rare. this was printed before ww #1. when we decided to change the name to white wolf magazine we renumbered at #1. there are only 30 of these in existence. let me know if you are interested in either of these items and how much you are willing to offer for each. also, you should subscribe to white wolf magazine if you haven't already. sincerely, stewart wieck

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:33 pm 

stratochamp wrote:i was managing a game distributor in 1990, i sent a letter to stewart wieck inquiring about ww #1 (as we had just bought copies of #2-7 from them, and has a standing order for their new products). this was his 8/20/1990 reply: i'm sorry, but other than a personal copy, there are no extra copies of ww #1 remaining. however there is an extra copy of the following: 1)curse of the undying-a full length ad&d adventure we published soon after ww #3 2) arcanum #1-this is very rare. this was printed before ww #1. when we decided to change the name to white wolf magazine we renumbered at #1. there are only 30 of these in existence. let me know if you are interested in either of these items and how much you are willing to offer for each. also, you should subscribe to white wolf magazine if you haven't already. sincerely, stewart wieck

So you told him, "No way, no one will ever be interested in this 'Curse of the Undying' thing or the 'Arcanum #1' and advised him to shred the remaining copies."   :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:30 pm 

I'd guess a swap for a #1 wouldn't work, either. :D

+thx for the timeline on when that adventure was published, Bill. :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Previous