Heritage Reunion - The Sequel - 2009 - discussion!
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:03 am 

Brian posted the original thread in the classifieds @ viewtopic.php?t=9004&start=0&pos

Did anyone attend this event last year?  It sounds like fun :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:22 pm 

I was living in Thailand last year, so I missed it.  I'll see if I can dig up any inside info (I work for Reaper).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 am 

Hi Everyone,

I have not posted here in a while, so please forgive me!! I was there for the Heritage Reunion last year and had a great time! There were many people from the old Heritage company including Willard Dennis (Master Mold maker for Heritage), Max Carr (Heritage Sculptor), David Helber (Heritage Sculptor / Art Director), Howard Barasch (Heritage President), Al, and a few other ex-employees that I am totally forgetting (damn old age).
 The event started on Friday evening with a few of us (Willard Dennis, David Helber, Jim Wampler of http://www.mudpuppygames.com; Galacta 3, and my son and I) going out to eat and talking about the past. That was a lot of fun, but my 11 year old son would beg to differ!
 On Saturday, the morning started with David Helber bringing in box after box after box of Heritage memorabilia, and Galacta scenery / terrain for an event that would be held later that day. There was so much Heritage stuff there it filled the Asylum break room at Reaper. While David was getting setup, Max Carr was also prepping for the upcoming Warlord game (based on his original rules; not the Reaper version).  The game started around 10:00am and ended a few hours later, probably due to my lack of knowledge of the game, but in my defense I was on the edge of the board surround by water and a narrow bridge to get over!! Oh and don't let me forget about the reinforcements that would never arrive due to my sons encounter will a sea serpent on the high seas :D  It was still a fun learning experience, and everyone seemed to have fun!!!
  While David Helber was prepping for his Galacta game, most of the people were in the break room talking, and others including Willard, Jim, and myself got a tour of Reaper. While there, Ed Pugh allowed us to cast some old Heritage figures (for personal use only), from a few old molds that Willard owns. I really enjoyed learning how to cast figures from a true master (Willard). If you have never cast figures before it is a little intimidating with that hot molten metal, the heat coming from the ladel (and through those thick gloves I might add), and quickly; yet steadily pouring it into this 2" hole in the hopes that you used the right size ladel and did not put in too much or too little. My first figures did not cast well, because I did not put enough, but after a few more attempts I was getting the hang of it. The only figure I was not able to cast well was the Dungeon Dweller Frost Giant. I did finally get a souvenir copy of the Frost Giant, but that was thanks to Howard's tutelage. I think we all spent about 2 hours spinning up figures, with most of them going back into the melting pot to be used over and over again!! That was the most fun ever :D
  Sometime later that evening, David Helber had finalized setup, and was ready for us to join his Galacta adventure. The set up was amazing, and well thought out. David sure has a knack for taking everyday junk and turning into some kind of futuristic terrain pieces!! I wish I had taken photos of his beautiful setup before my son literally destroyed it by placing a bomb on some energy crystals. That one incident had all of us air breathers transporting to other areas. I can't remember what time the game ended, but I know it was dark out, and we all had fun!
  Sunday was all about cleaning up, more talking, more touring of the Reaper facility, and having some of the ex-Heritage sculptors review the book I am working on. Okay … shameless plug here http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/Book/Book.html.
  I really enjoyed going to the 25th Anniversary Reunion and look forward to this years as well. Willard has agreed to teach me how to make molds, and I cannot wait to learn. If you want to play some old games of Heritage Galacta or Warlords, meet some of the ex-employees, cast some old Heritage figures, or learn to make some molds, then by all means make the trip to Reaper. As this point in time, most of the same people who were there last year should be there again this year. I have contacted Duke Seifried about attending this year, but with his health concerns we are waiting to see what the doctors say. He has a son that lives right outside of Dallas, so we hope that he can make it. If there is some other Heritage game anyone would like to play, just ask and I am sure we can get one started. I do have some photos from last year's reunion on my website http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/Heritage_2008/index.html. If anyone wants more information just, send me an email and I will try and answer your questions.

Later,
David Campbell
http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info

"Keeping alive the Heritage of Dungeon Dwellers"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:59 pm 

Willard has sent a reminder out:
It's that time. The gathering is taking place this weekend, and not much has changed as far as plans go. The only real change is that David and Max are starting to stress some about whether their games will be well recieved, or a bust. They need not fret, I have never seen one of their games yet that was not enjoyed, at least by the winners. When you get there, if you do not see anyone you recognize, ask where the Heritage group is, because we may not be in the main due to other people playing the Reaper games, etc.

The Reunion will be held at:
Reaper Miniatures
9062 Teasley Lane
Denton, TX 76210
(940) 484-6464

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:56 pm 

David from Dungeon-Dwellers says
If you want to read about our adventure, click below

http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/Forum/ ... 11&tid=632

If you want to see the pictures from the 2009 Heritage Reunion, click below

http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/Herita ... index.html