Traveller PDFs on RPGNow & RPGDrivethru
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 pm 

Actually reading the rest of the "fair use" agreement in 4a they say making PDFs of the whole book is going too far.  They also say that magazine articles are okay as long as the author gives permission but it is up to you to find those authors and get their permission.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:44 pm 

In a related note, RPGnow/DriveThruRPG has free "Guide to . . ." PDFs for Traveller and related products.  The PDFs have product history, descriptions, etc.  The Twilight: 2000 PDF even has print runs listed.

I could not get the bundle to download (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_i ... s_id=65112), so I downloaded them individually.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:46 pm 

Based upon what I recall regarding the Digest Group Publications material for MegaTraveller, it's more likely that Marc Miller made agreements that transferred the copyright over to him, either before or after the dissolution of GDW. The time frame is unknown to me, but given that the DGP material for MegaTraveller is held for ransom (the owner wants six figures for it) and doesn't appear as far as I know in the MegaTraveller CD-ROM that Marc produces, the voluntary transferral of copyrights to Marc is a far more likely scenario than anything underhanded.

For the record, when Starter Traveller was released, Marc's name appeared in it as the author, with the other three members of GDW as contributors. Artwork was likely purchased under an agreement that transferred ownership and all republishing rights to Marc. As for the rest of the works, the rights may have been purchased for reasonable sums of money, or agreements made that transferred ownership. I wish I could say for sure I was right, but this is all speculative and I just don't know one way or another.

Previous