Hackmaster Modules
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:30 pm 

Does anyone here know about those Hackmaster Modules? Are they compatible with AD&D or is the Hackmaster system changed a bunch? I don't know much about it, but was curious for some info. I figured I'd get a quicker answer here than anywhere else.

D.

---
D-Rock Roberts
Cardboard Carnage

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:32 pm 

There are quite a few Hackmaster fans here. Most of them have been put up on the Acaeum Wiki:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:HackMaster

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:01 pm 

Cardboard Carnage wrote:Does anyone here know about those Hackmaster Modules? Are they compatible with AD&D or is the Hackmaster system changed a bunch? I don't know much about it, but was curious for some info. I figured I'd get a quicker answer here than anywhere else.

D.

The original Hackmaster modules are basicly AD&D, but most have been turned into a parody of the original module.

I would recommend Little Keep on the Borderland. Although a mild parody it is an exceptional expansion to the original B2 module. I believe after it was released WOTC took a tighter control over their approval process and demanded more parody and much less useful game elements.

Hackmaster (and Kalamar) material are currently being dumped on ebay for a song. Lots of 20 to 30 modules and supplements have been selling for around $100

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:05 pm 

Thanks for the replies! I appreciate the info and that link!

D.

---
D-Rock Roberts
Cardboard Carnage