ICE MERP discussion thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 41, 2, 3, 4
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:40 pm 
 

My Shire doesn't have a color map, Herm. Where did you see that it did?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 431
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:23 pm 
 

Whale Tagger wrote:My Shire doesn't have a color map, Herm. Where did you see that it did?

The back of the module says it includes "Color Maps -- vivid renditions of the Shire in T.A. 1640 and in T.A. 3018."


Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6098
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 05, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:43 pm 
 

Guy Fullerton wrote:The back of the module says it includes "Color Maps -- vivid renditions of the Shire in T.A. 1640 and in T.A. 3018."


There are black and white maps of the Shire in TA 1640 and TA 3018 on pages 190-200.  Are the colour ones the same as the ones inside the book?

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 431
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:06 pm 
 

Dunno, sorry. I don't own The Shire. (I don't collect 2nd ed MERP stuff.)


Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2044
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 11, 2021
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:47 pm 
 

They seem to appear on Ebay without the maps, but it is this one by Sheriff Frog that states explicitly that it includes the map, that makes me think there is one:




** expired eBay auction **

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2568
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 22, 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:20 am 
 

For a shrinkwrapped item, the seller may be making an assumption.  You should ask him about that.

  


Collector

Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 14, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2010
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:52 am 
 

Hi there

I have a copy of The Shire (#2017) and it does have a colour poster map inserted into the book. On one side is the The Shire, TA 3018 and the other side is The Shire, TA 1640.  It is not like the other maps that you usually find in ICE MERP supplements - more cartoonish.

Hope this helps,

Ian

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2044
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 11, 2021
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:41 pm 
 

Ryhope Wood wrote:Hi there

I have a copy of The Shire (#2017) and it does have a colour poster map inserted into the book. On one side is the The Shire, TA 3018 and the other side is The Shire, TA 1640.  It is not like the other maps that you usually find in ICE MERP supplements - more cartoonish.

Hope this helps,

Ian


Great! Thanks Ian. I think that confirms that it should have a map. Welcome to the Acaeum!

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2568
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 22, 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:47 pm 
 

Don't know much about MERP collecting details, but remembered the map discussion when I saw this:  
** expired eBay auction **




Didn't know if it would help.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 78
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 10, 2019
Location: Los Angeles

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:22 am 
 

Didn't realize these things could be valuable... I've got the following MERP 2E, all in Very Fine - NM condition:

Angmar
Lake-Town
Elves
Mirkwood
Dol Guldur
Moria
Palantir Quest
The Shire

Along with several MERP 1E items, as well. Heck, I could retire!  :o  I just wished I'd picked up more of these BITD...

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2044
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 11, 2021
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:53 am 
 

Here is a 'Shire' with maps, four days to go and the bidding is already at $98!




** expired eBay auction **

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2763
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2021
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 am 
 

Ryhope Wood wrote:Hi there

I have a copy of The Shire (#2017) and it does have a colour poster map inserted into the book. On one side is the The Shire, TA 3018 and the other side is The Shire, TA 1640.  It is not like the other maps that you usually find in ICE MERP supplements - more cartoonish.

Hope this helps,

Ian


Welcome mate.  feel free to post around.  :D


Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6098
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 05, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:36 pm 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Here is a 'Shire' with maps, four days to go and the bidding is already at $98!


I guess the question that remains is: Is the map really worth $85?  I picked up the one without the map for $15.50.

 WWW  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2044
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 11, 2021
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:06 pm 
 

Mars wrote:
I guess the question that remains is: Is the map really worth $85?  I picked up the one without the map for $15.50.


Ah. But aren't all us collectors completionists?  :wink:

Mind you, $15.50 great price for a play copy.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:17 pm 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:
Ah. But aren't all us collectors completionists?  :wink:

Mind you, $15.50 great price for a play copy.


This week I got a fair to good condition Lost Realm of Cardolan at Half Price Books for $5.98.

How did I do?  

There's no separate map or anything.  Is there supposed to be one?


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 431
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:53 pm 
 

Lost Realm of Cardolan doesn't include a fold-out map, but it does include 8 pages of color maps that initially come stapled into the center of the module:
- two-page city map of Tharbad
- two-page overland map of northern Cardolan (shows Bree and Amon Sul near the top edge)
- two one-page overland maps of southern Cardolan
- one page city map of Suduri + map key
- one page showing the three overland maps in smaller scale with annotations


Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:54 pm 
 

Guy Fullerton wrote:Lost Realm of Cardolan doesn't include a fold-out map, but it does include 8 pages of color maps that initially come stapled into the center of the module:
- two-page city map of Tharbad
- two-page overland map of northern Cardolan (shows Bree and Amon Sul near the top edge)
- two one-page overland maps of southern Cardolan
- one page city map of Suduri + map key
- one page showing the three overland maps in smaller scale with annotations


Naturally.  :cry:


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:35 am 
 

FormCritic wrote:Naturally.  :cry:

HPB takes returns on books . . . I have returned a few books because they were incomplete (no map) or because I changed my mind.

And, yes, maps always seem to go missing on MERP modules.  :(

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 41, 2, 3, 4