Paul Jaquays' Donations to the North Texas RPG Con
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:34 am 

Ok,

Here is the final list provided by Paul on what he plans to donate to the Con this year.

I'll look them over with Mike and we will decide what will be raffled, and what will be auctioned after the Con (we don't have time for an auction at the Con, so items will be listed for auction after the Con... probably at RPGMarketplace.com)

I will get pictures and/or scans of all these items so they will be online at some point (if Paul brings them to the Con, then of course I can't get pics online until that afternoon/evening).

Copied from an email:
To: Doug Rhea
Date:        2009/05/02 19:42
Subject:        NTRPGcon Donations

Doug:

I apologize for this dreadful delay in getting back to you about donations.

I plan to donate the following for auction at the con:

-Dragon's Crag
a large color signed and numbered lithograph based on the cover for Dragon mountain.

-Mus
a largish signed and number color lithograph based on the cover of the TSR novel, Mus of Kerbridge.

-A set of four signed and numbered black and white drake prints (8.5 x 11")

-A copy of CityBook VI which Rick Loomis says is out of print (new condition)

-A copy of Central Casting: Heroes for Tomorrow (new condition)

-A piece of original art from the Judges Guild version of Caverns of Thracia.  It depicts the a man about to succumb to the god Thanatos. Original art is roughly 8 1/2 x 11 inches in size, ink, tempera paint, and printed film on paper and acetate. Art was water damaged at some point in it's history. In the printed version, the robed figure is printed in blue in and hovers spectre-like in the hallway.

Last edited by ScketreWhisp® on Sun May 03, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:57 am 

They sound very cool, Doug :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:06 pm 

Of course I want a picture of the last item :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:26 pm 

ScketreWhisp wrote:Ok,

Here is the final list provided by Paul on what he plans to donate to the Con this year.

-A piece of original art from the Judges Guild version of Caverns of Thracia.  It depicts the a man about to succumb to the god Thanatos. Original art is roughly 8 1/2 x 11 inches in size, ink, tempera paint, and printed film on paper and acetate. Art was water damaged at some point in it's history. In the printed version, the robed figure is printed in blue in and hovers spectre-like in the hallway.

Can we phone in a bid? :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:31 pm 

The more "regular" items will probably be raffled off at the con (citybook and central casting, probably signed by Paul as he did the covers I believe). The artwork will probably be auctioned later....so everyone will have a shot at it.  Unless, I suppose, someone makes us an offer we can't refuse at the Con... :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:16 pm 

misterspock:

Any "auctions" we have will be after the Con, either at RPGMarketPlace.com or on eBay ...

Since art is a bit different than just game collecting, Mike said it's probably best to use eBay to get the best price and exposure.

So since this is to help offset the cost of the Con, those items will probably go on eBay.

The items I suspect will be seen on RPGMarketPlace.com might be additional copies of special modules that have been created for the Con by different vendors supporting the Con, or other items that the most interest would come from those that attended or wanted to attend.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:00 am 

ScketreWhisp® wrote:misterspock:

Any "auctions" we have will be after the Con, either at RPGMarketPlace.com or on eBay ...

Since art is a bit different than just game collecting, Mike said it's probably best to use eBay to get the best price and exposure.

So since this is to help offset the cost of the Con, those items will probably go on eBay.

The items I suspect will be seen on RPGMarketPlace.com might be additional copies of special modules that have been created for the Con by different vendors supporting the Con, or other items that the most interest would come from those that attended or wanted to attend.

Any new information on this front.
And the other items that are going to be acutioned as well?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM