(NTRPG Con & Goodman DCC)  DCC #C9 Tomb of the Blind God
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:03 am 

I'm sorry for the commercial post here guys.  I know this announcement isn't going to be of much interest to very many of the regulars here at the Acaeum.   :wink:

But I wanted to let folks that are planning on attending the North Texas RPG Con (NTRPG Con) know that Goodman Games will have copies of this year's convention module, DCC # C9 Tomb of the Blind God by by Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel and featuring a new Erol Otus cover, available at the con.  

These special release DCC # C9 modules will feature the First Year NTRPG Con logo on the front cover, commemorating the convention's first year.

I don't know what the price will be and I don't know how many copies there will be, but Joseph Goodman wanted to throw out some solid support for this gaming convention, especially being the first year and all, and we thought this would be a good way of doing that.  

As more details become available, I'll pass along the information.

Jon "tacojohn" Hershberger

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:17 am 

tacojohn4547 wrote:I'm sorry for the commercial post here guys.  I know this announcement isn't going to be of much interest to very many of the regulars here at the Acaeum.   :wink:

But I wanted to let folks that are planning on attending the North Texas RPG Con (NTRPG Con) know that Goodman Games will have copies of this year's convention module, DCC # C9 Tomb of the Blind God by by Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel and featuring a new Erol Otus cover, available at the con.  

These special release DCC # C9 modules will feature the First Year NTRPG Con logo on the front cover, commemorating the convention's first year.

I don't know what the price will be and I don't know how many copies there will be, but Joseph Goodman wanted to throw out some solid support for this gaming convention, especially being the first year and all, and we thought this would be a good way of doing that.  

Niiiiiice!!!!

Thanks to Joe Goodman...an old schooler at heart.

And thanks to Jon for seeing this through.  One six pack of Shiner coming up, Jon (and you have to cannonball the entire thing before running one of your sessions..... 8O )

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:26 am 

Aw shucks... :oops:

FYI Mike - I'll put one (or maybe two) of these modules into your hands for the auction or the raffle, whichever, depending on how many Joseph prints and how the attendence turns out and stuff like that.  Lots of variables to weigh, naturally.  But it might be kind of fun to see what this brings on auction.  

Jon

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:45 am 

tacojohn4547 wrote:Aw shucks... :oops:

FYI Mike - I'll put one (or maybe two) of these modules into your hands for the auction or the raffle, whichever, depending on how many Joseph prints and how the attendence turns out and stuff like that.  Lots of variables to weigh, naturally.  But it might be kind of fun to see what this brings on auction.  

Jon

We are planning an after-con auction of many items (including the Paul Jaquays donations) to help defray costs, so that would be a good plan.  I hate Doug to have to sell a kidney or something just so we can break even..... :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 am 

tacojohn4547 wrote:I'm sorry for the commercial post here guys.  I know this announcement isn't going to be of much interest to very many of the regulars here at the Acaeum.   :wink:

Can non-attendees purchase these modules?  If so, what will be the process?  My guess is that, either Goodman Games would have to do it, OR someone willing to collect money and ship for those wanting a copy needs to volunteers, OR non-attendees need to contact attendees on their own and make arrangements.  If I may be so bold, option 3 makes the most sense just because I'd hate to see all these "orders" being handled by one person.  This thread could serve as the match-making tool.

So, who wants to buy a copy for me?  Smarmy, you feel like helping me out again? :)   Or are you even going? :?:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 am 

Looked to me like only 2 will be available for auction after the convention.

Perhaps I misread the first post though.
I know I would like to have 3 or 4 copies myself.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:09 am 

Hi,

I would like just one please, if anyone is being kind?

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:00 am 

benjoshua wrote:So, who wants to buy a copy for me?  Smarmy, you feel like helping me out again? :)   Or are you even going? :?:

BenJoshua...Sorry man...I'm going to be on vacation with the family and will be missing this Con, dangit.  I wish I could help out, but hopefully they will have a few available for non-attendees on the Con website.  I surely want one as well.

Note to self:  Next year, plan NTRPG Con first... vacation second, or better yet, combine the two.  ;)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:06 am 

Hi All,

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could get just one copy for me as well.  :)

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 am 

You guys should ask Lord Otus to sign them, too.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:57 pm 

bombadil wrote:You guys should ask Lord Otus to sign them, too.   :D

This guy is a genious!  :!:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:25 pm 

bombadil wrote:You guys should ask Lord Otus to sign them, too.   :D

Yes, have him sign all of them!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 pm 

Ok, looks like the post is over here as well ...

Be nice to keep them all in one place so we don't have to post multiple times...

so here goes.

We don't have a total number of these modules that will be printed and available for purchase yet... as soon as we know, we can make a more informed decision on how to proceed.

I am working with Goodman Games to commit to buy all modules printed so they don't have to worry about having any left over. That way we can work on a larger number. (that means between 100-200 copies max)

In any event, depending on that number we will make sure all attendees have the option to buy at least one copy, we will set aside some (1-5) copies for future raffles/auctions, and then have a sign up page for those wishing to buy any remaining copies... all remaining copies will be available in order of sign up (including attendees or non-attendees), and again depending on number of copies, 1 or 2 copies could be purchased.

This will allow Con attendees the option to own more copies than those that don't attend, yet allow everyone the option to have a copy.

We will post here, and email everyone when the sign up page is available. If you wish to be notified via email, please send me an email at [email protected] and I'll get you on the email list.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 am 

Hi Doug -

I tried that email address a couple of times to register for a notification, but it bounced both times, with a 550 connection refused...

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 am 

mdr003 wrote:Hi Doug -

I tried that email address a couple of times to register for a notification, but it bounced both times, with a 550 connection refused...

Regards

Mike

I got through fine a moment ago. :?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 am 

Hi,

nope, bounced me as well -says I'm SPAM  8)

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:19 pm 

I think my message got through - at least it didn't come back and call me spam.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:01 pm 

Some times our mail server here won't let anything form the UK, China, Australia etc come through... keeps the SPAM down to basically nothing ... I don't think I even get SPAM these days (don't remember the last time I got SPAM anyway)...

So, just PM me here with you email address and I'll put it on the list

Next