Paul Jaquays
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:30 pm 

Ok, as many of you know, Paul will be attending the North Texas RPG Con.

He has signed up for all the "events" (BBQ, Breakfast, Reaper Mini Tour) , but I wasn't sure if he was actually going to take the time to be at the Con the whole weekend since one of his original emails stated he planned to there Friday night.

So after emailing him for better clarification, I also asked about what item he was looking to donate to the raffle, since he mentioned bringing an item.

Here is his latest response (we will probably put any items he brings on RPGMarketPlace.com when the time comes - save all the eBay fees). Hope the items he mentions are interest to those that follow Paul's work :)

To:        "Doug Rhea"
Date:        2009/04/20 11:30
Subject:        RE: North Texas RPG Con - updates

Doug:

My intent is to hang out as much as possible that weekend. I plan to drive in from Rockwall.

I definitely want to contribute to the support of the con with some art to auction off. I need to sort through some of my older pieces ... e.g.; from the Judges Guild period. I still have a few pieces of that around and it seems somehow appropriate ... or if I still have them, one of the covers I did for old Michicons (late 70s).

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:45 pm 

Someone attending make sure to get a picture of said Judges Guild piece please :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:54 pm 

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:25 pm 

SWEET

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:45 pm 

Shane,

We will have lots of cameras around.

I will be hooking up a notebook with a live WebCam maybe 2 to run all day, it should be on a 3G connection, so if we have a good signal there, a number of people can connect at once. I'll have a URL setup at that time, most likely webcam1.ntrpgcon.com and/or webcam2.ntrpgcon.com.

We will also have a digital video camera on a tri-pod that can record about 56 hours of video to the internal hard drive, so I plan to tape the entire Con and get snap shots form it later. I am sure we will be holding up items in front of various cameras all day to get some shots.

Also, closeups and/or scans will be placed on RPGMarketPlace.com once they get online as well.

Here are other email from Paul about the Con:

Date:        2009/03/15 10:13
Subject:        RE: NTRPGCon

Doug:

I'll be happy to talk about anything from Judges Guild to Microsoft, from The Dungeoneer to Halo Wars.

I may also plug the Guildhall at SMU ... not because the attendees are interested in how to get into the game industry, but because everyone knows a child, grandchild, neice/nephew, neighbor kid who wants to know how to break in.

Signing stuff simply goes with the territory.

What I WON'T be able to do is run games. I haven't played or run a traditional RPG in at least 7 years (more like 15 ... other than a few sessions in Sandy Petersen's RQ games), and am sadly, sadly out of practice.

I can also bring a few pieces of vintage art just to show (stuff that may have last been shown at some distant GenCon), and definitely contirbute something for the raffle.

Date:        2009/03/15 11:37
Subject:        RE: NTRPGCon

Doug:

I currently plan on attending Friday evening. I'm going to commute to the convention, rather than stay in Bedford, though.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:49 pm 

Wish I could make it down there - to meet Paul would be pretty darn cool! I always enjoyed running The Caverns of Thracia!

Eulaliaaa!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:22 pm 

i think Paul sounds like an ideal candidate to play in one of my games.....

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 pm 

Folks, in the case any of you were interested, Pual Jaquays has agreed to an interview a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait to see his answers. The interview will be translated for the magazine in Italian, but I'd like to post the original English language text somewhere :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:42 pm 

Alexander1968 wrote:Folks, in the case any of you were interested, Pual Jaquays has agreed to an interview a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait to see his answers. The interview will be translated for the magazine in Italian, but I'd like to post the original English language text somewhere :)

8)

Absolutely, I would like to read that.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:04 am 

Aneoth wrote:
8)

Absolutely, I would like to read that.

Well, perhaps we could start an English language section of the magazine ;) if we had any English speaking contributors by the way...

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 am 

Sorry, not me. I am a very poor collector.   :(
In more ways than one too.  :oops:
There are others here who might be able to help though. 8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 am 

Alexander -

I'd love to see an English version of that interview, and maybe publish it in Fight On! someday. Paul is on the list of people we'd like to dedicate an issue to, so if you could give me his contact information or pass mine on to him (calithena at gmail dot com; www.fightonmagazine.com) I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

Looking for your old-school fantasy roleplaying fix? Don't despair...Fight On! Check it out at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/FightOn.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:25 pm 

Calithena wrote:Alexander -

I'd love to see an English version of that interview, and maybe publish it in Fight On! someday. Paul is on the list of people we'd like to dedicate an issue to, so if you could give me his contact information or pass mine on to him (calithena at gmail dot com; www.fightonmagazine.com) I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

email sent with the interview.  8)