OOP Prince August Miniatures- where to find them?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:37 pm 

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and from reading many of the posts, I know there are long-standing mini-collectors out there.  I've been looking for several miniatures from the Fantasy Characters line of Prince August mins out of Ireland.  They are a little bit taller than Parthas, but for those who know what I"m talking about, the detail on these are great.

Any suggestions of where to find them, or if any mini dealers/sellers have a stock of them?

Any help is great, thanks.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:39 pm 

Didn't that store Mars went to have a bunch of these? Heh, would be kind of ironic and a tad silly...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 pm 

Hello,

Yes, the store I went to had a bunch of these - some boxed sets and a bunch of blisters.  I think the store is going to be around for a few more weeks and I might try to get back there one more time.

So, if you have a list of what you are looking for, I would gladly pick them up for you.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:20 pm 

Mars wrote:Hello,

Yes, the store I went to had a bunch of these - some boxed sets and a bunch of blisters.  I think the store is going to be around for a few more weeks and I might try to get back there one more time.

So, if you have a list of what you are looking for, I would gladly pick them up for you.

You should start making offers on everything.  Maybe you can get an even larger discount.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:51 pm 

I've thought about that :)  The big trouble is that he isn't sure exactly what his future plans are - maybe out of business, maybe relocate into a smaller space, etc.  It doesn't really sound like he really knows when he is going to get the boot out of his current space either.

Suppose I made an offer of $1 per blister - do you think I could get my money back on that?  There are lots of Ral Partha 01 series, lots of Reapers, lots of misc stuff that I don't know if it even sells.

Again though, if anyone is looking for something in particular let me.  I have a list of some Ral Partha 01 and 02s that I will look for already.  I went through the Reapers last time I was there - didn't find any giants or composite creatures though.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 pm 

Mars wrote:Suppose I made an offer of $1 per blister - do you think I could get my money back on that?  There are lots of Ral Partha 01 series, lots of Reapers, lots of misc stuff that I don't know if it even sells.

Mmmm . . . dollar a blister, maybe you can make your money back.  The problem is the price of shipping.  Benjoshua would know better than I how MIP minis from various manufacturers sell.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:02 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Mmmm . . . dollar a blister, maybe you can make your money back.  The problem is the price of shipping.  Benjoshua would know better than I how MIP minis from various manufacturers sell.

I'd have a pretty good idea if I could see them.   $1.00 a blister should work well usually for monster blisters, but character blisters, it's hit and miss.  It also depends on the monster.  Things with wings and bigger monsters are best.  Orcs & goblins are probably the weakest selling monsters, but kobolds actually do fairly well, so it's not just their size or hit points.

The main thing you have going against you is the cost of shipping to the US, but the dollar is strong, so that might help.  I don't know if that's much help, but your situation brings back good memories.  I cleaned out a store when it went out of business and bought all it's minis.  Good luck! 8)

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 am 

Hi Mars,

Thanks for the offer to look for the Prince August stuff for me.  I'm interested in any of the Fantasy Character minis, the CH line, and or any monsters or any other figs that fall under this list at the Stuff of Legends website.  Here it is:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/sol/prince ... ntasy.html

More specifically, I'm looking for CH30, CH25A, CH15, CH09, GL1, and VL1

These have been OOP for so long, I'm doubtful that they would have them, but anything you report back would be great. Thanks.