Castle Zagyg, Yggsburgh, Districts
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:20 am 

What I've found if you're interested in the hard copies...

in the US:
CompleatStrategist has Yggsburgh, Dark Chateau, Storehouse and East Mark
you can search in a couple ways...

http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/in ... on=GOFETCH

http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/in ... on=GOFETCH

(btw, they even still have the City of Brass boxset.)

If you're willing to do an international purchase, this place called Leisure Games in the UK still has Storehouse District for sale (the rest are out of stock but still in their list). Maybe Mbassoc, Ashmire, Faro or Lawrenson have dealt with this company before?

http://www.leisuregames.com/cgi-bin/sh0 ... 3475#a3475

This place in Austria has East Mark, Storehouse
http://www.fanen.com/rollenspiele/s--1_ ... e9fc967e9c

good hunting! :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:43 am 

I think the only physical product I'm missing is the Brown cover version of Dark Chateau now.  Not sure if I'm feeling completist enough to worry about that one though.

Thanks for the links Mr. Spock,  I was surprised by the price on East Mark.  I was going to kick myself for picking one up on ebay (which should be arriving soon) until I saw the shipping cost  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:47 am 

I have East Mark on eBay for £12.99, I think.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 am 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:I think the only physical product I'm missing is the Brown cover version of Dark Chateau now.  Not sure if I'm feeling completist enough to worry about that one though.

Thanks for the links Mr. Spock,  I was surprised by the price on East Mark.  I was going to kick myself for picking one up on ebay (which should be arriving soon) until I saw the shipping cost  :lol:

Yeppers.

BUT, at the top of the site on EVERY page there is a little symbol of the USA and states FREE SHIPPING in the contenintal USA.

So, I read the blurb that leads to the explanation that is linked through that symbol...

Our approach to giving you a great deal is simple: Free shipping for all orders over $25.00 by UPS Ground, and 10% off to anyone who wants to become a member for the price of only $10.00.

So (From the Complete Strategist) you get FREE shipping if your order is over $25 inside the continental USA... using UPS Ground delivery (IE. 1-2 weeks delivery).

I would have saved $27.75 on shipping with an order of just 3 items.
Free Town and 2 copies of Dark Chateau...

At first the free shipping would not work, so I called the 1-800 number and talked with them on the phone.
While talking with them I went through it once again and BINGO it worked...

However I then asked the fellow to clarify that they actually have those items in stock...
THEY HAVE NO Castle Zagyg stuff whatsoever.
NADA NONE!
And they have not had any Castle Zagyg stuff for many months..

Still, I knew it was too good to be true, a copy of Dark Chateau (the Grey version) for just over $11?!
I was told that the Web DUDE who SHOULD be updating the web sites shopping lists lives out of state and they cannot get a hold of him to update the site...
RIGHT....A.H.s...  :roll:

I will never get that hour of wasted time back again... :evil:
Not to mention the cost of that phone call.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 am 

:D  I always make the assumption that sites do not have any CZ stuff, because most online retailers do not update their webpages or have any means of knowing whether they have stock or not. Accoring to their site you could have bought tens of thousands.

The only company online that I have ever come across that actually has the stock it claims to have is Noble Knight Games. The rest are just fishing for hits in search engines.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:17 am 

I was going to say that I doubt these places really have anything except for maybe fanen (they seem to keep their catalog up to date online).

I tried buying some CZ stuff from Leisure Games early last year and after checking out, paying etc, a week or 2 later they email me to say none of it is available anymore and they can't get it in so are going to refund.  In the meantime, the Canadian dollar got a bit stronger so I ended up losing a few cents in the money conversion refund.

The Compleat Strategist also seems to list a few books that were never published: Canting Crew Revisited (never heard of this one).

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:21 am 

Mars wrote:....The Compleat Strategist also seems to list a few books that were never published: Canting Crew Revisited (never heard of this one).

yes, I saw that also.
Wondered if perhaps I had missed something... somewhere along the line.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 am 

3425 GFW: Canting Crew Revisited  $19.95   978-1-929474-74-5
3426 GFW: World Builder Revisited  $19.95   not available

Course Canting Crew Revisited also was labeled being #3421 at least in my notes.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 pm 

Anybody have a copy of the East Corner (PDF only) that they are willing to part with? It's the only one I don't have. Not being a big PDF guy, I missed the boat when Troll Lord had it for sale and the rug got pulled from under them. I'm guessing most of your stories are much the same. :?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:01 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:However I then asked the fellow to clarify that they actually have those items in stock...
THEY HAVE NO Castle Zagyg stuff whatsoever.
NADA NONE!
And they have not had any Castle Zagyg stuff for many months..

Still, I knew it was too good to be true, a copy of Dark Chateau (the Grey version) for just over $11?!
I was told that the Web DUDE who SHOULD be updating the web sites shopping lists lives out of state and they cannot get a hold of him to update the site...
RIGHT....A.H.s...  :roll:

I will never get that hour of wasted time back again... :evil:
Not to mention the cost of that phone call.

Oh man, that sucks! What kind of business is that where so many items in their list are not even in stock?!? And I was just reading that T&T thread, too... :(

I wonder if that Swords and Sorcery City of Brass set is not in stock as well?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 pm 

City of Brass - Noble Knight Games has it cropping up regularly are pretty good prices. Between NKG and eBay it shouldn't be too difficult to chase down unless you want it immediately. The price on that remains stagnent, at or below RRP, just like Castle Whiterock.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:04 pm 

Compleat Strategist is mostly a real world store(s), not an online seller.  That may explain some of the problem.

If anyone is looking for the non-boxed set CZ items (districts and such), let me know; there may be a couple left on local stores' shelves.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:15 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Compleat Strategist is mostly a real world store(s), not an online seller.  That may explain some of the problem.

If anyone is looking for the non-boxed set CZ items (districts and such), let me know; there may be a couple left on local stores' shelves.

Yep I am in the market for sure.
CZ: The Free Town of Yggsburgh: Town Halls
.... and some others.
Mostly those others being the PDF items.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:33 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Compleat Strategist is mostly a real world store(s), not an online seller.  That may explain some of the problem.

Too true.  I did the online Zagyg-dance with them a few months ago.

However, I did purchase a CZ:UW from them a year ago with no problems.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 pm 

Maybe they should change their name to the InCompleat Strategist  :lol:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:30 pm 

misterspock wrote:Maybe they should change their name to the InCompleat Strategist  :lol:

Compleat Optimist?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 pm 

Strategically Dissapointed Optimist?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:16 am 

Troll and Toad?

PreviousNext