GTF! Mine's in shrink and I ain't opening it to find out 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 am 

Just a quick poll...
How many maps in your CZ:UW?
Also, wouldn't mind knowing how many people bought copies in shrink.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:54 am 

you only have one copy?? ^^

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:17 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:you only have one copy?? ^^

:oops:  I edited the poll to allow votes for more than one copy after I entered my vote. I think I've got another copy or two somewhere. I can't get to those others yet as they are in a storage facility, but I'll open them up and check in a fortnight now that I know some don't have all four maps.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:38 am 

Opened one from shrink and it has 4 maps.  Other is still in shrink.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:50 am 

Mine was in shrink, has 4 maps.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:27 am 

Four maps in mine.  Arrived from TLG without shrink.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:58 am 

My single copy was purchased at Gen Con last year without the shrink.  IIRC all of the copies sold there were not shrinkwrapped.

I am of the opinion that my copy has three maps.  But the sheet with the map of the countryside around Castle Zagyg is double-sided.  I am not looking at it right now but if I remember correctly, both sides are almost exactly the same with a few exceptions (I am guessing that one side is the DM's copy and the other side is the players copy).  The second sheet is of the castle ruins and the third sheet is the map of the below ground encounters (caves & storerooms).

If you are one of the people that chose four maps, do you actually have four separate sheets?  Or are you counting the one that has maps on the front and back of the same sheet as two separate maps?  Thanks for clarifying.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:07 am 

My Czech UnderWorld game (CZ:UW) has 52 maps.

....Praytell. What does CZ:UW stand for?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:40 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:If you are one of the people that chose four maps, do you actually have four separate sheets?  Or are you counting the one that has maps on the front and back of the same sheet as two separate maps?  Thanks for clarifying.

Four map sheets, one double sided colour 'green' of the surrounding lands, one single sided colour 'light brown' of the Mouths of Madness, two single sided black & white, storeroom level and castle presinct level.

HermitFromPluto wrote:My Czech UnderWorld game (CZ:UW) has 52 maps.
:lol:  :lol:

HermitFromPluto wrote:....Praytell. What does CZ:UW stand for?

Troll Lord Games' Castle Zagyg Upper Works

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:06 am 

If the GenCon print really doesn't have the color version of the Mouths of Madness then people can easily remove that map should the GenCon version be worth more.  If the reverse is true then people just need to find the Eastmark Gazetteer's map of that.
Is this the first year that the GenCon releases from Troll Lords don't have something truly different then later releases :?: They are getting better at printing it seems :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 am 

I am beginning to suspect maybe there are packing errors. Can anyone confirm that the colour Mouths of Madness map os printed on the revers of the black & white Storerooms map?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:52 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:If you are one of the people that chose four maps, do you actually have four separate sheets?  Or are you counting the one that has maps on the front and back of the same sheet as two separate maps?  Thanks for clarifying.

Four separate sheets
1.  Double sided Castle Zagyg Wilderness Map (Player Map on one side and Castle Keeper's Map on the other) mostly green with hexes.
2.  Unnamed mostly brown map with bluff elevations and what appears to be underground rooms.
3.  Mouths of Madness and The Storerooms (Level One) black and white map.
4.  Ruins of the Castle Precincts black and white map.

My set was ordered from the Troll Lords website right before the cutoff.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:21 pm 

Avurax wrote:Four separate sheets
1.  Double sided Castle Zagyg Wilderness Map (Player Map on one side and Castle Keeper's Map on the other) mostly green with hexes.
2.  Unnamed mostly brown map with bluff elevations and what appears to be underground rooms.
3.  Mouths of Madness and The Storerooms (Level One) black and white map.
4.  Ruins of the Castle Precincts black and white map.

My set was ordered from the Troll Lords website right before the cutoff.

I have the same four sheets.

I ordered my never-shrunk copy from Troll Lords over the phone around the time of their last sale in 2008.

All of the shrinkwrapped copies that I purchased were purchased from the retail chain.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:17 pm 

I have three copies purchased directly from TLG that came without shrink. All of them have the four separate map sheets.

Then, I have a fourth copy that I purchased from an eBay seller (dicehead) that also came unused without shrink, and it does not contain the color Mouths of Madness map. I know that he sold several copies with BINs below retail. I wonder if they were all this way.

Also, is it correct that none of the shrinkwrapped copies came directly from TLG? In my experience, they never shrinkwrap anything.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:03 am 

MoM map - Thankfully it isn't required to consider the set complete. It is just repeat information. Hopefully the market won't move either way on it's presence or absence, because it's so easy to put one in or take one out if it were favorable to do so.

Shrinkwrap - In my experience, TLG do not shrinkwarp. I asked Steve specifically to wrap mine in seran wrap (this was end of November, shipping early December) to stop one box rubbing against another, and to give additional support to the corners, and he did so. This tells me that if they could have shrunkwrapped them at that poit, they would have already been doing so. If they had the facility, they would also not be shipping out Towers in an unshrunk box to this day. So I'd say shrinkwrap was put on at the whim of whatever reseller was passing them on. You can get shrinkwrapped OCEs and 1st print DMGs at T&T, so I think the shrinkwrap thing is a nice little newbie hook for ebay, and that's about it.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:14 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:MoM map - Thankfully it isn't required to consider the set complete. It is just repeat information. Hopefully the market won't move either way on it's presence or absence, because it's so easy to put one in or take one out if it were favorable to do so.

Shrinkwrap - In my experience, TLG do not shrinkwarp. I asked Steve specifically to wrap mine in seran wrap (this was end of November, shipping early December) to stop one box rubbing against another, and to give additional support to the corners, and he did so. This tells me that if they could have shrunkwrapped them at that poit, they would have already been doing so. If they had the facility, they would also not be shipping out Towers in an unshrunk box to this day. So I'd say shrinkwrap was put on at the whim of whatever reseller was passing them on. You can get shrinkwrapped OCEs and 1st print DMGs at T&T, so I think the shrinkwrap thing is a nice little newbie hook for ebay, and that's about it.

I bought 20 copies. 6 came shrinkwrapped. 14 did not. The TLG copy I have for myself arrived without shrink. 6 of the copies I bought from FRP games came shrinkwrapped the later copies from FRP games came unshrinked. I will check the 14 open copies for maps. I will say that almost every open copy I have checked has rubbing on the back of the white map booklet from the color ink of book 5 and advise any collectors with open copies to bag their booklets and maps seperately. I would also store the box carefully. It is fragile and appears to be extremely sensitive to shelf wear and crushing.

As far as the shrinkwrap. This was either done by FRP games or by TLG for some copies and not for others. As I mentioned some copies from FRP (the ones which were first available) were in shrink. Within two weeks the copies I purchased from them were no longer in shrink (and showed various minor box damage and shelf wear).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:05 pm 

When I asked Steve directly if they put any copies in shrinkwrap, his response was "no." Anything that was put into shrinkwrap was done at the distribution / retail level.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:09 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:I bought 20 copies.

8O  8O  8O

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Next