Task Force Games -- The War of the Worlds
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:11 pm 

OK, so I've been going through my stuff and I stumbled upon what looks like some sort of board game thing called The War of the Worlds. It was released, apparently, in 1980. I have the rulebook (perhaps without a cover -- can't really tell if it had one), the hex map game board, a sheet with 6 uncut Human Attack Tables, a sheet with 6 uncut Martian Attack Table (actually, that is a part of it; the cards are Human Deployment Charts), a sheet of un-punched counters labeled The War of the Worlds #1, and another un-punched counter sheet labeled The War of the Worlds #2... so, the questions are: what am I missing? Is it a fun game? Is it worth anything? And, does anyone want it?

This came in a bunch of stuff I was given, so I'm trying to find out what I might want to do with it.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 pm 

OK. Into the pile of stuff to give away it goes. Thank you.

It appears the only item missing was the box itself, which is a shame, but not a tremendous loss.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:35 am 

Sorry Serl, I missed this thread somehow.

WotW is a decent TFG product, but nothing to write home about. TFG boxed games are, in general, not so great. The exception is SFB, of course. Also, Starfire was solid.

TFG microgames are much better overall. That was their niche and then they got very lost and started producing bad boxed set games out of nowhere. Eventually, it killed them. Instead of capitizinng on the popularity of the games that "got them there," they produced some real crappers.

Any other TFG questions, let me know.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/