How many collections of collections do you have?
Poll: How many collections of collections do you have?

I have one collection. 7%       7%  [ 3 ]
I have two or three collections. 33%       33%  [ 14 ]
I have four to seven collections. 37%       37%  [ 16 ]
I have eight or more collections. 23%       23%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 43

Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 pm 

That's definitely correct.  I had an ADAM as my first personal computer, and I never owned a Colecovision.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:53 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I had always assumed that the ADAM had to be connected to the Colecovision to work.  But now that I have done some reading I take it that is not the case.  So you could buy the ADAM separately and not even bother with the Colecovision or you could purchase it as an add-on (expansion module 3). Interesting.

Basically so if you already had Colecovision you could get the expansion module #3 and connet the ADAM (sans cart slot) via the expansion port in the front of the CV.

all three of my ADAMs were "straight up" with their own cart slots...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:32 pm 

Ah... the ADAM.  I still remember the commercial that touted how everything for it came in one box!  lol  ;)  I remember that the box was MASSIVE!  Do any of you who still own one still have the box for it?

I also remember the ADAM had an EMP problem, where the shielding was apparently crappy for the tape drive and if you left a tape in the drive when booting it, you could potentially blank your tape.  lol  I think that may have only been in the first batch... I think they fixed that problem later on.

Oh... and I always remember the ADAM was completely stand-alone and had a cart-slot to play the Colecovision games.  I didn't remember ones that didn't have such.

I never owned an ADAM, but I remember being interested in it because the commercial claimed that it had a great port of Dragon's Lair coming soon!  :D  lol  My first computer was a Vic-20 back when it first came out... then I got the C-64.  Loved those computers.  :D  (I killed a few C-64's over the years, but I still have my original Vic-20 from 1981 and it still works.)

~Kat  ^_^

P.S.  I still have my Sears model heavy-sixer too... and it still works fine.  :D  That thing will outlive me, I think.  lol

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:41 am 

Katchoo wrote:Ah... the ADAM...

Yep, still have the GIGANTIC box. I have/had the earlier one with the glitchy drive (But I have like 3-4 extra later drives)... I've got Dragons Lair... Just need to convince the wife that the box (and the ADAM) is coming home to live with us in our Brooklyn Coleco Museum. :o

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:21 am 

Well let's see;

1 Older D&D and AD&D; Anything after 85" I found kind of superfluous.
Game didn't need updating, just bettter DMs'

2 Call of Cthulhu; a tough job to GM D&D players through, they actually think they'll "win"; but damn I do love that game.  

3 Merp; never played it, boring as a campaign world, I think Gygax was right on 'bout that.

4 Arkham House/Carcosa Press...the real rares, that kind of thing, just "found" a 1st of Murgunstrumm, signed by Cave, with the cool Brown cover

5 Panther Horror & Sci-fi pb's; Especially the 70's prints, love that artwork! If anybody has CAS's Other Dimensions vols' 1&2 let me know!!!

6 Firearms; You'd think that after giving Uncle Sam 8 years of my life, I'd be done. but I've a Last Boy Scout mind set, rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it...Latest buy; Sig P229 40c or 357 bought both barrels so doesn't matter, you can swap out the barrels if your handy. And 40's cheaper for ammo :wink:

7 Vintage hand tools, read pre 1900; planes & such

The bankers have nearly ruined the world, but we'll bail them out and they'll be kind enough to lend us our own money back...with interest...

Previous