How many collections of collections do you have?
Poll: How many collections of collections do you have?

I have one collection. 7%       7%  [ 3 ]
I have two or three collections. 33%       33%  [ 14 ]
I have four to seven collections. 37%       37%  [ 16 ]
I have eight or more collections. 23%       23%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 43

Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 pm 

Ooo, pretty Fender, though I'm right handed.  

Though I do collect blades, the only other serious collection I own are my grandfather's cigarette cards, mostly pre-1918.  Despite ebay, it's a hard collection to round out living in Canada.

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:02 pm 

TheMilford wrote:Turbo Grafx 16 - Looking to eventually get all 200+ titles But I have all of the hardware.
Colecovision - Including ADAM stuff. I have all the hardware... just need to get more games.
Atari 5200 - Such a cool system for the classics.[ Image ]

I always thought it would be kind of neat to own a Coleco ADAM.  But where in the hell would I put it?  Not so much the Turbo Grafx 16....I just never had any desire to own one.  The other day I picked up a Vectrex system which is one of the gaming platforms that I always wanted as a kid.  I played it for a couple of hours last night.  Now I know why there is such a huge following for it.  Still absolutely a blast to play.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:28 pm 

I might have an extra ADAM... let me know if you are interested... I'd be down for trade.

Also you should check out the TG16... some of the best RPGs ever Ys 1,2 & 3, D&D Order of the Griffon, Cosmic Fantasy... Not to mention the best game ever Bonk's adventure ;)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:03 am 

I like the Coleco game. When I was 11 - 12 years old, I saved up a whole year to buy an Intellivision Set. It broke after about five years, but it would be neat to have a working unit again after so many years.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:46 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I like the Coleco game. When I was 11 - 12 years old, I saved up a whole year to buy an Intellivision Set. It broke after about five years, but it would be neat to have a working unit again after so many years.

Hehe... check my last classified listing.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:56 am 

TheMilford wrote:

I noticed you are selling "Tower of Doom" for the Intellivision.  Those don't pop up very often.  Was there a BIN on it?

As for the ADAM....unfortunately I dont have any trade-bait and they are pretty hard to find in working condition so they usually go for higher prices than I am normally willing to shell out for something that I would have very little use for.  And I don't have a Colecovision yet either so it would end up being put in the closet anyway.  I may put my video game collecting back into pause mode for awhile now that I have the Vectrex (I still dont know where in the heck I am going to put it!).  At some point I need to pick up an Intellivision (watching yours now) and a Colecovision and then I am finished with consoles.  There is a very remote possibility that I will try to pick up a 3DO at some point but we'll see.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:There is a very remote possibility that I will try to pick up a 3DO at some point but we'll see.

You shoulda told me before it got packed into the closet, King.  My Panasonic FZ-10 plus games plus accessories (including a mouse and mousepad) have been lying dormant for many years.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:27 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:You shoulda told me before it got packed into the closet, King.  My Panasonic FZ-10 plus games plus accessories (including a mouse and mousepad) have been lying dormant for many years.

No big deal.  I asked you to let me know when you were planning on selling your Sega games and never heard back from you so I figured you werent going to sell them after all.  And besides....if I ever buy one it will be the FZ-1 model.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:32 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:No big deal.  I asked you to let me know when you were planning on selling your Sega games and never heard back from you so I figured you werent going to sell them after all.

Do you think that I remember anything that isn't written down?  I can't even run errands because my memory fades as soon as I'm out the door.  :)  I'd forget my head in the morning if I weren't sitting on it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:35 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Do you think that I remember anything that isn't written down?  I can't even run errands because my memory fades as soon as I'm out the door.  :)  I'd forget my head in the morning if I weren't sitting on it.

Finally, my missing twin brother.... 8O

At least my wife would say so. :D

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:57 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
Finally, my missing twin brother.... 8O

At least my wife would say so. :D
Would you believe triplets? Only, ain't gots me no wife to tell me so.

I do miss the old games. Had an Atari 2600 that took yeeaaaars to bite the dust. Got bored of Space Invaders when I got to the point that I could turn the score over. Then there was the Commodore 64, which blew up just as I was putting the finishing touches on a program to generate random (or not so) PCs/NPCs complete with class(es), ability scores, and gear. Spent over a year on it, and it all went kerblewie a week or so before the official roll-out.  :x

As far as collections go, the only thing I have more than a few odds & ends are coins, and not that great a collection, nor do I think I have anything particularly rare, so it's still a minor collection.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:28 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I noticed you are selling "Tower of Doom" for the Intellivision.  Those don't pop up very often.  Was there a BIN on it?

As for the ADAM.... And I don't have a Colecovision yet either so it would end up being put in the closet anyway.  

I had a BIN of $50 on Tower... we'll see... It was originally going to be the 3rd installment in the AD&D Cartridge series. I just sold a copy of Stadium Mud Buggies for $60! The Last game ever made for Intellevision.

What do you mean? are you referring to Expansion module #3? where you attached the ADAM to the Colecovision?

I have two or three ADAM's with tons of extra parts (drives, etc). I also have an extra Colecovision that will be going up in two weeks when I get it from my Mom's.

I've got like 5 or 6 2600s to sell off... coupla heavy sixers... So much stuff but I need to got to Connecticut and rescue it all from my mother's attic and basement... then bring it back to my tiny house in Brooklyn and clean up and test everything... It's fun but time consuming.

It's also nice because it's funding my D&D collecting and paying off my debt at the same time. :)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:00 pm 

TheMilford wrote:

If I was in the US, I would BIN it right away! - may be hard to find a working set in Australia.  :?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:15 pm 

TheMilford wrote:What do you mean? are you referring to Expansion module #3? where you attached the ADAM to the Colecovision?

I have two or three ADAM's with tons of extra parts (drives, etc). I also have an extra Colecovision that will be going up in two weeks when I get it from my Mom's.

I had always assumed that the ADAM had to be connected to the Colecovision to work.  But now that I have done some reading I take it that is not the case.  So you could buy the ADAM separately and not even bother with the Colecovision or you could purchase it as an add-on (expansion module 3). Interesting.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 pm 

That's definitely correct.  I had an ADAM as my first personal computer, and I never owned a Colecovision.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:53 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I had always assumed that the ADAM had to be connected to the Colecovision to work.  But now that I have done some reading I take it that is not the case.  So you could buy the ADAM separately and not even bother with the Colecovision or you could purchase it as an add-on (expansion module 3). Interesting.

Basically so if you already had Colecovision you could get the expansion module #3 and connet the ADAM (sans cart slot) via the expansion port in the front of the CV.

all three of my ADAMs were "straight up" with their own cart slots...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:32 pm 

Ah... the ADAM.  I still remember the commercial that touted how everything for it came in one box!  lol  ;)  I remember that the box was MASSIVE!  Do any of you who still own one still have the box for it?

I also remember the ADAM had an EMP problem, where the shielding was apparently crappy for the tape drive and if you left a tape in the drive when booting it, you could potentially blank your tape.  lol  I think that may have only been in the first batch... I think they fixed that problem later on.

Oh... and I always remember the ADAM was completely stand-alone and had a cart-slot to play the Colecovision games.  I didn't remember ones that didn't have such.

I never owned an ADAM, but I remember being interested in it because the commercial claimed that it had a great port of Dragon's Lair coming soon!  :D  lol  My first computer was a Vic-20 back when it first came out... then I got the C-64.  Loved those computers.  :D  (I killed a few C-64's over the years, but I still have my original Vic-20 from 1981 and it still works.)

~Kat  ^_^

P.S.  I still have my Sears model heavy-sixer too... and it still works fine.  :D  That thing will outlive me, I think.  lol

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:41 am 

Katchoo wrote:Ah... the ADAM...

Yep, still have the GIGANTIC box. I have/had the earlier one with the glitchy drive (But I have like 3-4 extra later drives)... I've got Dragons Lair... Just need to convince the wife that the box (and the ADAM) is coming home to live with us in our Brooklyn Coleco Museum. :o

PreviousNext